Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cops Don't Need To Be Super Ninjas

Cops Don't Need To Be Super Ninjas

Couldn't resist posting this quote and couldn't find a thread to add it to, so here ya go:

When someone is texting, they're so consumed with it that we don't have to be super-ninjas and sneak up on someone to observe that behavior.
    - Colorado State Trooper David Hall on the nex texting while driving ban.

The rest of the story is pretty run of the mill but Here's the link if you want to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

they are finally banning the use of cell phones while driving in oregon next year. im glad, but still wonder why it takes so long for common sense laws to get into place.

not only have i had to dodge drivers while i was on the cross walk with a walk signal because they are on their cellphones, earlier this year i was hit by one of those a holes.

when i see people talking on cell phones while driving it ****es me off and i want to go tell them how freaking stupid they are.....just more proof that the general population doesnt actually employ the use of common sense.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

never owned a cellphone, never will... and i laugh at all the sorry retards that develop brain tumours from using them.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    never owned a cellphone, never will... and i laugh at all the sorry retards that develop brain tumours from using them.
    i didnt even have a phone for a long time. for my job now though i have to have one, so i got a cell phone because it was easy and i did prepaid so i could turn it off if i didnt need it, then when i was talking to that girl from GA, i switched to at&t so we could talk for free long distance....*crack*

but i leave it at home most every day, i freaking hate phones, so much my friends dont even really call me anymore cuz i never answer it lol

....i started talking to her again

she wants me to move to atlanta....lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ...i started talking to her again

she wants me to move to atlanta....lol
    that puts you closer to me... you two can come up for a visit then.

To me the beauty of cell phones is that you can flip it up and see who's calling. If it's someone I don't know it goes to voicemail.

To someone who said you'll never own a cell phone: If you live long enough you might have to if you want to use a phone. I gave up the phone in my house about a year ago and in my circle of friends I don't know of anybody who still has a phone in their house. I'm thinking in 20 years there simply won't be phones in private houses. Businesses will still have them for customer service but the standard land line will go the way of the horse and buggy.

Cars and cell phones: If I get a call while driving that I need to take I'll pull over. I think there should be calls against talking and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Cars and cell phones: If I get a call while driving that I need to take I'll pull over. I think there should be calls against talking and driving.
    thats the type of responsible person i like on the road.

thats whats happening here in oregon next year, you get caught talking on a cell phone while driving. ticket. going to make tons of cash for the city since everyone has been programmed to talk on the phone while driving for the past 10 years...LOL

dont know how accurate it is, but i saw a report once where the person was talking about a study done that showed someone engaged on their cell phone while driving an automobile has roughly the reactionary timing of an 8 year old child....

sorry no sources.

that puts you closer to me... you two can come up for a visit then.
    i actually thought about that

i may swing down and visit her on my trip to boston, how close are you to boston, sorry my "east of west coast geography retarded" and apparently too lazy to pul up a map with my computer....im going to do that but leave this here as an exersize in humility...lol

dunno though....its all jumbling around in my head, kind of weird me out.

This has been illegal in Germany for ages. Driving isn't a right, and people doing stupid things in their cars have been getting people killed.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

i may swing down and visit her on my trip to boston, how close are you to boston, sorry my "east of west coast geography retarded" and apparently too lazy to pul up a map with my computer....im going to do that but leave this here as an exersize in humility...lol

dunno though....its all jumbling around in my head, kind of weird me out.
    i believe i am like 4 hours or so from boston. are you gonna stop by and say hi to dale?? your more than welcome here... when is your trip anyhow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    This has been illegal in Germany for ages. Driving isn't a right, and people doing stupid things in their cars have been getting people killed.
    aye mate... i have programmed myself to always do the speed limit. i laugh when my co-workers get speeding tickets and the like... texting/cellphone use while driving is worse than drinking and driving... nearly everyone is yapping on the phone when they are driving and most people can't even shop at the grocery store without having a phone up to their ear... i won't ever get one. talking on the cellphone while driving should be like an instant year suspension on the lisence... it's bad enough they let idiot teenagers drive.

I drive like an f'ing maniac! But I haven't had an at fault accident since I was a teen. Over the summer I got my first traffic/speeding ticket in over a decade. I was going 36 in a 25 zone!

Driving is about being aware of your surroundings.

i believe i am like 4 hours or so from boston. are you gonna stop by and say hi to dale?? your more than welcome here... when is your trip anyhow?
    yep, ill be starting his iron palm program. the trip starts when i can afford it and get the time off. im hoping the first 1/4 of 2010

thats whats happening here in oregon next year, you get caught talking on a cell phone while driving. ticket. going to make tons of cash for the city since everyone has been programmed to talk on the phone while driving for the past 10 years...LOL
    Seattle has enacted the law, but it hasn't seemed to help much. If you sit and watch the cars go by, you can see that about every third person- literally- is on the phone.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

It recently became illegal to text while driving in Austin.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

i wondered how that worked in seattle, if it made much difference. I should just walk around with a camera against traffic and take snapshots of windshields and plates and mail in some tickets, it ****es me off that much.

none of those cell driving retards have been hit by a cell driving retard so they dont even know through their self imposed ignorance how retarded they are for doing that.

i just want to smack them all