Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops Don't Need To Be Super Ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    none of those cell driving retards have been hit by a cell driving retard so they dont even know through their self imposed ignorance how retarded they are for doing that.

i just want to smack them all
    I hear ya, brother. But even if they got hit by another phoning driver, it wouldn't change their behavior. They all think that THEY are fully capable of multitasking in this fashion, even if others may not be. The only thing that may change their behavior is if they themselves cause an accident while on the phone.

And how about the jerks who talk on the phone while driving with their small children in the car?

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

ya i hate those people. putting their kids at risk like that then a lot of fools like that sit there and critisize other people for maybe being poor and not having a lot for their children or something that isnt always controlable.

i think you are right though, they always consider themselves to be better than everyone and think they are somehow immune to natural human weaknesses...

/endrant lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

let's just say no one better smash into my truck, with my children in it, because they were talking on the cellphone... unless the cops get there first i'd probably yank them out of the car by their hair and step on the effing piece of radiation emitting plastic.

Cell phones have this really great function call vibrate. I switch it on and tuck my phone in my purse while driving. I'm not likely to get pressing call from the President needing urgent advice, so waiting till I get to my destination to look at my phone ain't gonna kill me.

That said, no one calls me. If I don't know the incomming number, I won't answer. If I do know the number, they also know it's best to text me. I do have a land line at home, but only for my fax machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Cell phones ringing DURING CLASS.... that's another one that grates my cheese.

It seems like people have gotten so trained to have their cell with them and on 24/7, and so trained to jump every time it rings, that they either don't realize or don't care how rude it is to the people they are actually physically WITH at the time.

And really, what's so important? If you've got some kind of emergency or potential emergency going on, that's one thing... but I don't think most of these people are calling each other to notify that a kidney has become available for their patient and they need to get to the hospital to do the transplant RIGHT NOW.

And people think I'm weird because I don't have a cell.

Well, they think I'm weird anyway, but even weirder for not having a cell.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post

i am glad to see there are others out there that do not need to have their cellphone surgically detached from their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post

From one weirdling to another: good one on ya!

I don't like any cordless phone. To be more honest I don't like telephones in general. I think they invade my privacy. If you want to talk to me, come to my house. Of course, I appreciate the difficulty since I am thousands of miles away from many of my friends. I prefer writing letters.

But I do have a phone I like. It is a 1920s refurbished Belgian cradle phone with a rotary dial. I got it for my wife several years ago but she treats it as home decor because it distorts voices to sound like long distance bad connections. I like that! Easier on the nerves. When the power goes out during snowstorms, I'm the only one in my area who can make phone calls because my phone isn't connected to the power grid. Now, if I could just disconnect the bell...
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity