Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gina Carano

Ain't no sex tape

Looks like Gina got herself a boy toy. Good for her.

Man of Steel's Henry Cavill and Girlfriend Gina Carano Make Red Carpet Debut
    by Bruna Nessif Thu., Jan. 10, 2013 9:37 PM PST

Gina Carano, Henry Cavill Larry Busacca/Getty Images for BFCA

Sorry ladies, Superman Henry Cavill is taken.

The Man of Steel actor made his red carpet debut at the Critic's Choice Movie Awards tonight with a lady on his arm, and not just any lady, but MMA fighter and Haywire star Gina Carano.

But it's not exactly a new couple alert.

The duo have reportedly been dating for four months now, but hadn't made a public appearance together until tonight.

Cavill's split from his long-term fianceé Ellen Whitaker went public in August, with a source telling Us Weekly, "There was no fallout. They just both agreed it wasn't working. They broke up three months ago."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have a sex tape!
    anyway, I am told that just to say that, your visibility quotient goes up 20-30 points. Mine went down by 50 points! Go figure!

Since Gina's dating a superhero...

...can she play the next Wonder Woman?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gina Carano

How is it we don't have a Gina Carano thread here? (we had one but it was deleted by the initial poster)

Some significant Carano threads:
    Fast-and-Furious-6
    Avengelyne
    Haywire-starring-Gina-Carano
    In-the-Blood-starring-Gina-Carano

And of course, our MMA threads:
    Gina-in-ESPN-Magazine

Gina-Carano-vs-Cristiane-"Cyborg"-Santos-Strikeforce-8-15-9

Any-news-on-Gina-Carano-fighting-again?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ah, she is a hottie, not much doubt in that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I LOVE HER!

with that said, i don't think she would be able to beat ronda rousey ... sigh ... dream matchups fans will never see

Unbound: Almost Human Season 1 Ep 9

I want a Gina Carano fembot. My birthday is coming up. Now you all know what to get me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

You Chang Bai Ginseng Single Malt is on the way, brother.

Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

hold the phone....

I ask for a Gina Carano fembot and what I get is a Dugas-blend You Chang Bai Ginseng Single Malt? Ah well, beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Dale, we might indeed share a tipple of your abominable brew at the Tai Chi Gala. I'm attending this year.

Also, for the record here, there's an update in the In The Blood thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

She was pretty good in that fast furious movie.

I vote gina to play wonder woman. She has the jaw line and muscular body type, those rarely combined with a pretty face.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ttt 4 2014

Gina Carano 'very open' to a return to MMA 'if circumstances were right'
    Damon Martin
    FOX Sports

MAR 24, 2014 7:00p ET

J. Kopaloff / Getty Images North America
    Gina Carano very open to the idea of stepping inside the cage again

Gina Carano has been very busy over the past few years, landing roles in several feature films including "Fast & Furious 6" as well as her latest movie, "In The Blood," which opens on April 4.

Ever since her last fight in Strikeforce in 2009, Carano has turned her focus solely to acting because she needed to dedicate herself to that art 100 percent if she was ever going to make a career out of it. Right away, Carano landed action roles like in the movie "Haywire," where she starred opposite Hollywood A-listers like Michael Fassbender and Bill Paxton.

She's still doing the action-movie thing these days. But Carano turned a corner in her latest movie, in which she was finally able to drop the tough-girl facade for at least one major scene, and it opened her eyes to what was possible in the future.

"One of the things I really like doing that shows up in 'In the Blood' is an emotional scene, which it was so hard to get to that place, but once I got there and I did it, I'm so proud of that," Carano told FOX Sports on Monday. "There's fight scenes that I've done that I'm really, really proud of, but for that moment, that day, walking away I felt, 'That's what it's about.'

"I think that the world and the entertainment business makes it really hard. Because they see you're good at something and they want to see you do that over and over. Sometimes actors and actresses say, 'That's what I'm good at, that's where I'm staying, that's where I make my money,' but for me personally, I just need to constantly be growing."

Beyond her role in 'In the Blood,' Carano is definitely aware of the other reason her name has been in the news so much lately. UFC commentator Joe Rogan managed to single-handedly put Carano at the tip of the tongue of every fan and reporter when he teased that the UFC was on the verge of making a huge move in the women's division, possibly matching up champion Ronda Rousey with one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

UFC president Dana White immediately threw water on Rogan's flames, but where there's smoke there's fire, and it sounds as if Carano isn't opposed to the idea of coming back to fighting if she gets the right offer. Details were sketchy because of confidentiality, but the first-ever face of women's MMA definitely didn't shut down the idea of fighting in the UFC one day soon.

"I don't mind it at all. I've never retired. I've never officially said that," Carano said. "For some reason a part of me has always kept it open. I don't know, there's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world. If circumstances were right, you never know. I'm very open to it."

The circumstances could mean any number of scenarios, but first and foremost Carano still wants to be able to pursue her acting career without sacrificing the foundation she's built in the past five years. While she couldn't reveal the nature of how far her discussions have gone about coming back, Carano did say there have been some interesting conversations already, and she's open to the possibility of returning if everything falls perfectly into place.

"I feel like I can't say too much. I've got all this information that if I could just speak freely, this is actually what's going on," Carano teased. "I wish I could open up my mind and tell you exactly the things that I've seen and the conversations that I've had, but I think to sum it up in a nice, safe way for me is if circumstances were right, and if it's a good enough circumstance (I would come back) because my first love is MMA.

"It's not something that I ever really like to share with people, it's something that I did because it made me feel good. I had no idea how popular MMA was ever going to get. It's just something that really straightened me out. It wasn't yoga, it wasn't anything else, and it still is something that I practice and I love to train. Of course I haven't trained for a fight in a long time, so it gets kind of interesting when these rumors start coming up. But if I ever did do something like that, I would want the circumstances to be correct and right."

Carano understands that she's been out of action for five years, and with that time off comes a whole lot of dulled edges and ring rust. To return to fighting, Carano would need to sharpen her skills with a new fight team and a slew of new training partners.

There is also the financial component because if Carano drops out of the Hollywood scene for six months to prepare and get ready for a fight, that means money out of her pocket and a lot of potential acting opportunities missed.

"I would definitely take something like that extremely seriously," Carano said. "I would dedicate myself to it, and need the time because you're taking somebody who hasn't fought in a while, that hasn't been in the fight camp-type environment; and it would have to be done in a time where there would be enough time for me to get ready for that and be able to support myself during that time because that's all I'd be doing is taking that seriously, and it would take me away from other projects or potential projects that I've been working this far in my life to get to.

"Sometimes I look at it like this -- what do you want to do in life? By the time you're 80 and you look back at what you've done and the decisions that you made, you want to have pride and respect in what you've done. Being a paid athlete and doing something like that in such a professional way because MMA has grown, I mean you've got nutritionists, you've got the research to back up what works and what doesn't work, and it's such a beautiful thing now. MMA fighters are some of the best fighters in the world, and now they're being treated like it."

When Carano first started fighting, not only were women not competing in the UFC, but they were barely a blip on the MMA radar. Now in just a few short years, there are two women's divisions in the UFC, Rousey is one of the sport's biggest stars, and women will headline an upcoming season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Carano can't deny that she would love to be a part of it all over again just to see the growth of the seeds she helped to plant all those years ago. Everyone in the sport seems enthusiastic about a Gina Carano return to MMA, and she's willing to entertain the idea as well -- as long as it's the right opportunity.

"When I was fighting, I feel kind of ancient sometimes, because I'm like, 'Oh my gosh, that's not the way it was!' It was hard to walk in the gym and have another woman to train with, and now it's like they have groups of females that train together, and there's so many good females out there. They've all been really positive, and I really appreciate Cris Cyborg saying that and Ronda saying that (they would like me to come back); it makes me feel really kind of warm," Carano said about a potential return.

"I'm more of a fan of MMA now than I've ever been. I'm saying if the circumstance was right, I'd definitely consider it -- if the circumstance were right."
    Define "right circumstances"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I would like to see Gina jump back in it. I doubt she has what it takes to be #1 again, but she would be a good gatekeeper for the up and coming.

Gina vs. Ronda

It may only happen in videogames. Part of this is mutual coattailing on ITB, but it would certainly be a big seller for UFC.
    Dana White, Ronda Rousey say Gina Carano deserves an immediate title shot
    By Dave Doyle @davedoylemma on Apr 9 2014, 6:00p 171

Getty Images

LOS ANGELES -- A potential Ronda Rousey vs. Gina Carano fight just got a whole lot more real.

At a Wednesday downtown media event, both Rousey, the UFC women's bantamweight champion, and UFC president Dana White indicated that they're not just interested in a fight between the two biggest names in women's MMA history, but also that Carano would get an immediate title shot if she returns to the sport.

"I think it would be the best thing for women's MMA," said Rousey, who wasn't scheduled to be part of the event pushing UFC 173, but showed up midway through. "I think it would be the highest profile fight that could be done. I don't think it would make sense for her to come back and fight somebody else and take the risk of maybe losing and not being able to capitalize on the fight between me and her. I think it would make more sense to go straight to a title fight."

White, who was scheduled to meet with Carano to discuss her contract status on Wednesday night, let fly with an accidental double entendre when asked about the potential bout. "I'd do Ronda and Gina," White said. After the explosion of laughter in the room subsided and White turned a deep shade of red, he said "I'd do that fight."

The biggest point of contention in making the fight is the fact that Carano has not competed since 2009 and has not won a fight since 2008.

Rousey says that a fight with Carano is a matter of paying respect to a legend of the game.

"She's one of the pioneers on the sport," Rousey said. "She's the reason I fight at all. You can't say she's just coming in off the street. How can you say no to the woman that I owe everything to? I would bend over backwards to fight her. I'm not going to make her run through the gauntlet to fight me. I would show up at her house if that's where she wanted to fight."

White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds. Carano only made 135 once in her career and missed 140 pounds on multiple occasions.

"Last time I've seen her, have you seen her recently?" White says. "She's smaller, she said she's walking around way lighter than she used to."

White shot down the idea that the bout could be contested at a catchweight, which was the route the company took the last time a champion vs. legend opportunity presented itself, with then-welterweight champ Matt Hughes vs. pioneer Royce Gracie in 2006.

"Royce doesn't give a s--- about titles and stuff like that," White said. "He didn't want time limits, rounds, or rules, completely different way of thinking. Royce didn't give a s--- about belts or anything like that. Royce just wanted to fight Matt Hughes. Big difference.

The UFC inherited Carano's contract from Strikeforce when the latter company was purchased.

"She's going to come back when she wants to sign," White said. "She's the type of person like this one here (pointing at Rousey), she's not coming back just because. She's coming back because she wants the title."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If I was Carano's team I wouldn't want the first match to be against Rousey. Sure, it would be a huge draw, but she needs to wade through the shallow end for a minute. You don't just decide to fight again and then jump in with someone like Rousey.

That being said, if Carano could keep it standing and avoid the clinch she has a shot at it. Assuming she's still what she once was. Interesting fight, anyways. Still, there are people who have earned their shot recently and it's pretty weak to just bypass them for a bigger gate. I know it's a biz, but c'mon. A lil integrity would be nice.

So much for Almost Human

They need to do a spin-off based just on Gina Carano fembots.

Fox Drama ‘Almost Human’ Cancelled
    By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday April 29, 2014 @ 7:04pm

EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Fox has opted not to pick up a second season of Almost Human. The futuristic drama starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy got off to a sluggish start in November but held enough ground to at least earn renewal consideration, often finishing on par with its Monday companion (the already-renewed drama The Following). In fact, the March season (and series) finale of Almost Human logged a 1.5 rating in 18-49, matching the Live+Same Day rating for last night’s finale of The Following. (The Following is a bigger DVR draw). Almost Human‘s chances started to slip once Fox’s drama pilots started to come in. All three of them — Gotham, The Red Band Society and Empire – are considered strong contenders for a series pickup. That didn’t bode well for Almost Human. Also, it is produced by an outside studio, Warner Bros TV, which also has The Following and the sure-to-be-picked-up Batman prequel Gotham. Almost Human, about a cop (Urban) paired with a lifelike combat-model android (Ealy), comes from the Fringe team of JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman. Elsewhere in Fox bubble land, the renewal chances for Seth MacFarlane-produced freshman comedy Dads appear to have gone up in the past few days.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips