Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Point Fighing Ref almost Kills Kung Fu Guy

Point Fighing Ref almost Kills Kung Fu Guy

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Did he sneak up and give him the vulcan death grip?!:eek

In seriousness, what a *****. The guy in white actually threw the first sucker punch and the guy in blue reacted probably out of anger, certainly not a way to handle that situation. Guy in white must have benn the ref's student.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Old clip, really old I remember discussing that over on Bullshido years ago.

Sometimes a man has to open up a can of whoop ass !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i remember seeing this one a while ago.

a douche for sure but you still have to admire his effectiveness in his sneak attack. he dropped taht guy and ended his conciousness in about 1 second. my fave part is how he instantly walks away after the head stomp.
    Last edited by Lucas; 12-04-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i remember seeing this one a while ago.

a douche for sure but you still have to admire his effectiveness in his sneak attack. he dropped taht guy and ended his conciousness in about 1 second. my fave part is how he instantly walks away after the head stomp.
    Old school.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Old school.
    ill say. also a good prime example of momentarily disabling someone through 'low percentage' techniques.

all be it through a suprise attack from behind....but thats the idea in the first place isnt it....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ill say. also a good prime example of momentarily disabling someone through 'low percentage' techniques.

all be it through a suprise attack from behind....but thats the idea in the first place isnt it....
    On the battlefield, there is no excuse for surprise !!!

Both of those guys needed to get THE STOMP (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    On the battlefield, there is no excuse for surprise !!!

Both of those guys needed to get THE STOMP (tm).
    lol ya. im guessing if the guy in white was his student, he got his lesson in a bit more of a private setting. who knows, maybe there was no connection and he only saw the guy in blue swinging.

First, I like the intensity level of that karate sparring. Good power. Head seamed like a legal target and no gear! .... though see how awkward the start-and-stop nature of "point" sparring is. The man in blue had much more fight spirit and kpt backing the guy up causing stoppage.... better learning if they could go hit a wall and finish or hit ropes/cage and make the other defend.

But the other guy had some nice technique too. He wasn't a bum.

Now for that attack: sick! He dropped that guy lack a sack of potatoes.

Crazy to kick a guy participating in something like that in that in the face while he's down. I hope that guy sues him for everything he got, forcing the family into a state of destitution and his daughter onto an upcoming bukake video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    his daughter onto an upcoming bukake video.
    LOL!!!

that was hillarious man. it was sick though wasnt it?

I read somewhere that the ref is a karate master. All this happened in Brazil apparently. I believe that the ref has since apologized for his actions, not that it would excuse his behavior.

I agree with Lucas that the ref was effective and probably a bad ass. I hope that this man has evolved since then.

HW108

i bet that guys pushin 60, so i doubt it. hes probably just one of those hard ass types.

If I am remembering this right, the guy was not a referee. His student was competing and the other guy had struck him after they were to break. The guy got hacked off and assualted him. I think he and his students were banned from compitition for a year or 2.
    This attests to the effectiveness of Karate as well as other forms of fighting. The other guy never expected a sensai from another school to do something like that. It is poor sportsmanship at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    If I am remembering this right, the guy was not a referee. His student was competing and the other guy had struck him after they were to break. The guy got hacked off and assualted him. I think he and his students were banned from compitition for a year or 2.
    This attests to the effectiveness of Karate as well as other forms of fighting. The other guy never expected a sensai from another school to do something like that. It is poor sportsmanship at the very least.
    Well, he was clearly refereeing the match. Other than that, I don't know...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

When I was in karate, both of those guys would have been disqualified. The guy in white for his first act of unsportsmanlike behavior and then blue for following his lead.... blue had his number. Should have shrugged it off, used a kick to close the distance and hit him a few times again.