Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-Do you believe it is real?

Global Warming-Do you believe it is real?

I believe global warming is real and that means we plan as part of any disaster management scenario. Let us forget about what scientists tell us but keep in mind what survival is about. Here's my view:
    1. Global warming does not mean all parts of the world is getting warmer. That is an impossibility!
    2. The Andes and certain area of Africa (e.g. Kilimanjaro) have seen their snow cover melt along with Polar areas melting. If that does not indicate something is happening, then so be it.

I will give others a go at their thoughts on the matter!

You can't dump that much crap into the atmosphere and not expect anything to happen...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    I believe global warming is real and that means we plan as part of any disaster management scenario. Let us forget about what scientists tell us but keep in mind what survival is about. Here's my view:
    1. Global warming does not mean all parts of the world is getting warmer. That is an impossibility!
    2. The Andes and certain area of Africa (e.g. Kilimanjaro) have seen their snow cover melt along with Polar areas melting. If that does not indicate something is happening, then so be it.

I will give others a go at their thoughts on the matter!
    Ever hear of the Little Ice Age?

It was apparently quite disastrous to European inhabitants.

Also, did you ever hear about Quaternary glaciation?

Seems like we've been in and out of an Ice Age for the last 2 million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You can't dump that much crap into the atmosphere and not expect anything to happen...
    Well said! You have to be a fool not to believe it...but then again...we have a country full of fools...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

it's all part of the celestial cycles... every planet is experiencing climatic shifts in their weather patterns. a few quick jumps around astronomy sites will verify this. global warming is nothing more than the elites playing on mankinds ignorance... the solar system goes thru seasons too... we are currently entering galactic spring, which would be aquarius. the fire rains will be coming soon... spring time brings the rain to nourish the lands.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    it's all part of the celestial cycles... every planet is experiencing climatic shifts in their weather patterns. a few quick jumps around astronomy sites will verify this. global warming is nothing more than the elites playing on mankinds ignorance... the solar system goes thru seasons too... we are currently entering galactic spring, which would be aquarius. the fire rains will be coming soon... spring time brings the rain to nourish the lands.
    I'm sure the billions of tons of hydrocarbons dumped into the air every year have absolutely no effect.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I'm sure the billions of tons of hydrocarbons dumped into the air every year have absolutely no effect.
    If it has an effect, why are the scientists who say it's happening changing and throwing out data?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    If it has an effect, why are the scientists who say it's happening changing and throwing out data?
    Who? And what parts of their methodology is flawed?

As with all research you are going to researchers who are extremely professional and follow procedure to the letter then you're going to have sloppy researchers. This happens in all disciplines.

I'm sure there are neo blogs out there who have latched onto something or someone and will point to that. However the truth is the vast majority of research being done today is done following exact procedure.

No global warming has been a lie for years and the exposure of the e mails clearly affirms that it has been an orchestrated lie. The left will now go on to attack the hackers and discredit the e mails as the lie has made them very wealthy. 2 of the board members of the Academy Awards have demanded that Supreme blowhard Al Gore return his award.
    Global warming is a lie and is going to be exposed as the greatest most elaborate scientific hoax of the century.

Whats the lesson here? governments lie and scientists lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'm sure there are neo blogs out there who have latched onto something or someone and will point to that. However the truth is the vast majority of research being done today is done following exact procedure.
    Actually the ones who got caught changing data admitted it. And then they themselves admitted they threw out decades of data. Professor Phil Jones admitted the e-mails were genuine.

If you are denying this is genuine, you must have buried your head in the sand (or somewhere else).

Can you show me ANY type of research where you intentionally throw out decades of data as well as change data to fit your conclusions? I'm betting you can't.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Actually the ones who got caught changing data admitted it. And then they themselves admitted they threw out decades of data. Professor Phil Jones admitted the e-mails were genuine.

If you are denying this is genuine, you must have buried your head in the sand (or somewhere else).

Can you show me ANY type of research where you intentionally throw out decades of data as well as change data to fit your conclusions? I'm betting you can't.
    What does that have to do with anything? So what?

I don't know this researcher(or his work) that you mentioned. He's just one of thousands working on this world wide.

Each researcher is judged on his/her own merits. There is good research and bad research. The majority of studies will simply not mentioned by you teabaggers because you can't refute them.

Changing data to fit your conclusions? Ask the Neo teabaggers about the various drug studies they quote. Politicians don't really care about methodology.

The fatal flaw in this argument is that the e-mails don't debunk anything. Global warming IS occuring, and now the hole in the ozone is affecting South America, seeing as the hole has now taken an elongated shape, endangeing people there. You can bring up e-mails all you like, but you absolutely cannot deny that global warming is happening, because it is. Thousands of mile of ice shelves ARE collapsing into the ocean, sea levels ARE rising, and global temperatures ARE increasing.

Second fatal flaw is that we ARE dumping ridiculous amounts of hydrocarbons into the atmosphere. BASIC scientific understanding would indicate that this would have a derogatory effect.

This isn't a conspiracy theory.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

What does that have to do with anything? So what?
    So, you admit you cannot grasp what I'm saying?

I don't know this researcher(or his work) that you mentioned. He's just one of thousands working on this world wide.
    Phil Jones is actually the director of the Climactic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia.

If you are ignorant of who someone is, it's best to be quiet and not comment and thus prove your ignorance.

Each researcher is judged on his/her own merits. There is good research and bad research. The majority of studies will simply not mentioned by you teabaggers because you can't refute them.
    We did refute these guys. We have been saying for decades global warming is a hoax. And now they themselves admit to changing the data! They were refuted. You can either accept the truth, or continue to defend liars. Of course we all know your track record when it comes to defending lying con men....

Changing data to fit your conclusions? Ask the Neo teabaggers about the various drug studies they quote. Politicians don't really care about methodology.
    While me and you likely agree on the drug issue, I would like you to provide proof that "teabaggers" are changing data. I'm guessing I'll hear crickets again. That ALWAYS happens when you are asked to provide proof in relation to your assertions. Always.

You can bring up e-mails all you like, but you absolutely cannot deny that global warming is happening, because it is. Thousands of mile of ice shelves ARE collapsing into the ocean, sea levels ARE rising, and global temperatures ARE increasing.

Second fatal flaw is that we ARE dumping ridiculous amounts of hydrocarbons into the atmosphere. BASIC scientific understanding would indicate that this would have a derogatory effect.
    I can deny it, because the data is on my side. That's why these con men had to change the data and throw out the true data! Drake, you're a sharp guy. If it truly is happening, why are the very ones pointing out having to lie? It's a simple question.

And Drake, temperatures are not increasing. 2005 was a record breaking COLD winter around the world.

This isn't a conspiracy theory.
    What's scary is that it sure is looking like one.

I just find it extremely distrubing that the most vocal opponents of climate change also tend to believe the planet is 5,000 years old and supervised by a space ghost.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.