Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Record low approval numbers for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    But because I figured you would believe that Christianity promotes Charity and within the modern context it does, I was attempting to use your own arguments against you. Since you believe your religion says should be charitable, that you should be more charitable.
    Says who? You? Do you know how much I give? Do you know how much money I earn?

Just because it has one or more redeeming qualities doesn’t mean the rest is good and I should embrace it.
    And you will see that nowhere did I say you should embrace it. I simply pointed out Christianity does call for charity, while pointing out it does call for people who can work to work and not rely on others. Sanjuro pointed this out as well.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." Doesn't really sell me on family values.

The bible seems to consistently demand that you put your faith before your children. That doesn't really vibe with today’s values where a parent is expected to sacrifice anything and everything for their children, even their soul.
    For someone who accuses me of "editing", that first paragraph sure is strange. What Bible verse is that? Is it the full verse? What is the context?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Why can't we give just to give?
    Who christian's? Apparently in the NT you have to give out of love or it doesn't count.

To those in need I hardly think it matter why you give.

For someone who accuses me of "editing", that first paragraph sure is strange. What Bible verse is that? Is it the full verse? What is the context?
    Luke 14:25-27
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 12-18-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Who christian's? Apparently in the NT you have to give out of love or it doesn't count.
    Actually, the NT teaches us that giving with the thought of recompense won't get you anywhere with God in terms of salvation, for he has given his grace freely through Jesus Christ his son.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Actually, the NT teaches us that giving with the thought of recompense won't get you anywhere with God in terms of salvation, for he has given his grace freely through Jesus Christ his son.
    Thank you.

His ignorance concerning Christianity is obvious. Of course that won't stop him from slamming it constantly.

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." Doesn't really sell me on family values.
    Luke 14:25-27
    Actually you did indeed edit it. After accusing me of editing when I did not. Here is the entire, unedited 3 verses:

"And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."

The context sure does change when you post the ENTIRE 3 verses, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Actually you did indeed edit it. After accusing me of editing when I did not. Here is the entire, unedited 3 verses:

"And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."

The context sure does change when you post the ENTIRE 3 verses, doesn't it?
    No.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I just dropped $115 on Toys for Tots. Went to Toys R Us, became a kid, bought some stuff, and dropped if off this evening.

Atheist charity FTW
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

In Christianity, charity is love.