Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Greetings from from Wu Dang Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats beautiful
    It really is thanks Lucas. The back ground is interesting, I was hiking up behind Purple mist temple in the little valley there. The building that you see are the living quarters of some of the Wu Dang Priests.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I tracked down the foundry it was made. i'm planning to get them to play with the balance and do a unique custom guard with a sword breaker design of my own. Last three inches will have an edge
    Of course, you are protecting your intellectual property in the design?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Of course, you are protecting your intellectual property in the design?
    I say steal away just keep in mind not only do I build them I'm also an expert in it's use and application
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I say steal away just keep in mind not only do I build them I'm also an expert in it's use and application

Hmmmmm....I'm seeing a screenplay here....Wesley Snipes playing you...something like

'Blade: The copywright interdiction'

"ignore his trademark, steal his designs, rape his intellectual property - Now meet the cold steel attorney on retainer!"

Er, by the way, how are you with vampires and all that stuff? Maybe work in an angle on that too?

My people will call your people.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

LOL! No doubt I'll copyright the final drafts of my designs but I doubt it will do any good.
    look at all the oh so nasty Paul Chen Collection knockoffs floating around.....
    BTW here are a few more poser pics from my recent trip to Wu Dang Shan.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-24-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

I hope they aren't the 30,000 dollar variety of swords like the hand forged katanas are.

For a long sword I like a claymore and have been playing with one for a couple fo years now. Brutal but very good weapon.

For a short, I like a gladius but haven't found the one for me yet.

Jian's alright, it has a nice feel and weight. Sabre is a bit like a machete and butterfly knives are a lot of fun.

mmmm blades. Who doesn't like learning and using the blades?! (rhetorical question, don't answer)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Excellent workmanship dude.
    I only have one "kung fu" sword in my collection right now, Adam Hsu's fine practical jian.
    I am looking to expand the collection in the New year.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Excellent workmanship dude.
    I only have one "kung fu" sword in my collection right now, Adam Hsu's fine practical jian.
    I am looking to expand the collection in the New year.
    That is my main practice/ performance sword.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I hope they aren't the 30,000 dollar variety of swords like the hand forged katanas are.

For a long sword I like a claymore and have been playing with one for a couple fo years now. Brutal but very good weapon.

For a short, I like a gladius but haven't found the one for me yet.

Jian's alright, it has a nice feel and weight. Sabre is a bit like a machete and butterfly knives are a lot of fun.

mmmm blades. Who doesn't like learning and using the blades?! (rhetorical question, don't answer)
    I have a nice collection of Jian in a nice mix of contemporary and antique. I don't own any European blades at all since I've only trained Chinese styles.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

lophopkuen didnt come to china to train, he came here to challenge me to a fight (because I said he was arrogant on KFM some time back). We talked smack for a few hours, wrestled some trannies for a couple of seconds, and then we couldn’t agree on a suitable battle ground. Also, LHK forgot his headgear at home, and I wanted to change the rules (because BSL rules are not compatible with my CLF rules).

But seriously, we went to watch some chicks practice boxing at the Wuhan Institute of Phys Ed, and I think they scared him.

We did get to watch a very good pole performance done by a very cute and sexy little Chinese number, so there was some MA in there somewhere.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Hardwork,
    You really do seem sincere, and I think you are a nice guy. However, I do think you need to come to china to experience it all for yourself. Bring your wife along.

Living in China cured me from my ‘I think all kung fu people are benevolent’ crap. There is really no such thing as loyalty, benevolence, even wude. Its all a big façade, like everything else in china.

Give you an example. In the summer, I was training at a school that uses a small park under the bridge as training ground. Once while we were training, some old guy started beating his wife right there infront of all of us. The ‘sifu’ of the school, was standing just about 10 meters from this. We were doing san shou line drills. Everyone stopped and looked (favorite pass time in china), but no one did anything. I got out of my lines, went out to drag the guy of his wife, got my stuff, and never returned back to that school.

But I can give you plenty more examples of these things. This isn’t really all that bad, as we study Martial Arts and not something else, but the sooner you get over this idea that people in china, especially kung fu teachers, are somehow morally superior to western people, the better. You will have a much more realistic approach to kung fu and MA training.

Sure, there are probably some masters that do follow these principles, but out of 1.3 billion people, you are going to look very hard to find someone like this. And even the, he is probably going to be a foreigner.

Anyways, don’t let me polute you. If you ever want to come to china, feel free to contact me. You are more than welcome to stay over at my place.
    得 心 應 手

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    lophopkuen didnt come to china to train, he came here to challenge me to a fight (because I said he was arrogant on KFM some time back). We talked smack for a few hours, wrestled some trannies for a couple of seconds, and then we couldn’t agree on a suitable battle ground. Also, LHK forgot his headgear at home, and I wanted to change the rules (because BSL rules are not compatible with my CLF rules).

But seriously, we went to watch some chicks practice boxing at the Wuhan Institute of Phys Ed, and I think they scared him.

We did get to watch a very good pole performance done by a very cute and sexy little Chinese number, so there was some MA in there somewhere.
    I was not afraid (just cautious) LOL!

This place was amazing BTW. 5 levels of martial art awesomeness.

The funny thing was that the big hot martial art ticket in China is Tae Kwon Do!!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

by anychance have a pic of that pole performance (in Babi)?

Man that chick was cute
    得 心 應 手

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    by anychance have a pic of that pole performance (in Babi)?

Man that chick was cute
    760x480 HD? I'll send you a link
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-25-2009 at 11:25 AM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi