Thread: Ufc 107

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Ufc 107

I didn't catch all the fights...found out at the last minute that one of the new bars in town is showing it free and ran down there. Got to give this place a shout out: Asheville Ale House (no website, but on FB) really went all out. There is not a bad seat in the house with at least 20 HD LCD's that had to be 48" or better in size. They broadcast the fight in HD and we got a seat at the bar less than 8' from one. They are already non-smoking (all of NC will be in Jan, finally) so it was pleasant to be there. If you come to town, check it out.

anyways, I guess spoilers to follow:

I thought all the fights I saw were great fights.

Florian and Guida beat the crap out of each other.

Mir was decisive to say the least.

and, holy crap, that was a huge effing cut that finished the fight for Sanchez. I think Penn had the fight won anyway even though Sanchez was not quitting by any means.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

BJ was impressive to say the least! Amazing!
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

So was Mir. He knew exactly where his opponent was going to step when he positioned himself for a huge left. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    BJ was impressive to say the least! Amazing!
    BJ is probably pound for pound the best MMA figther today, up there equal with Fedor for sure. He's been underrated lately I think. He laid a beating on GSP back in the day, fought Machida and went the distance. He's such a natural fighter, flowing, smooth, powerful and adaptable, very kung fu like

James

Best BJ we've seen in awhile.
    A unique snowflake

Really, who is left, in the UFC at LW for BJ? He will roll over Maynard, Diaz, whoever.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    dam guida looks like he was brushing his teeth with barb wire or got hit in the face with a shovel. I'm guessing He lost?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.