Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foshan Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have no idea of the skills of the gentleman in question, but I seriously doubt that he learned from Master Ho Kam Ming. Lots of name dropping happens (for promotional ends perhaps or error in communication).

joy chaudhuri
    Well all I can tell you is what he has told me. I have no way to verify if it's true or not I wasn' there. But by the way he describes his training with HKM it does sound like it was very hard to get to see him. Then when he was training there were not many people training with him at the time. So it does not sound like a mass production type of thing. If I have it right all the training was done out of his home. I understand that alot of people name drop to make them sound better but in this case I think he's telling the truth. I could be wrong though.

????

Quote Originally Posted by kungfublow View Post
    Well all I can tell you is what he has told me. I have no way to verify if it's true or not I wasn' there. But by the way he describes his training with HKM it does sound like it was very hard to get to see him. Then when he was training there were not many people training with him at the time. So it does not sound like a mass production type of thing. If I have it right all the training was done out of his home. I understand that alot of people name drop to make them sound better but in this case I think he's telling the truth. I could be wrong though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What people tell and what happens or happened can often be two different things.Getting a few lessons from someone else other than HKM is not the same as learning from HKM.
    I think that I know what I am talking about. HKM is my sigung.
    I make no comment on the VN gentleman's skills or on the instruction that you receive. If you are receiving instruction that satisfies you-that is ok.
    I commented only on the inaccuracy of the name dropping re HKM..
    Let's just let it pass.

joy chaudhuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What people tell and what happens or happened can often be two different things.Getting a few lessons from someone else other than HKM is not the same as learning from HKM.
    I think that I know what I am talking about. HKM is my sigung.
    I make no comment on the VN gentleman's skills or on the instruction that you receive. If you are receiving instruction that satisfies you-that is ok.
    I commented only on the inaccuracy of the name dropping re HKM..
    Let's just let it pass.

joy chaudhuri

Fair enough Joy! I understand where you are coming from. I am very new to wing chun and have only been training for 3 years. To be honest this is my first experience with any martial art. I have no idea if what he is telling me is true. I have no real way to verify it. I respect your opinion as I find your posts to be very intelligent and dead on. Is there something I could ask him that only a true student of HKM would know? That way I could verify what he is saying. It does bug me a bit that he might be lying about this. Maybe you can help me get to the truth.

Enough!

Fair enough Joy! I understand where you are coming from. I am very new to wing chun and have only been training for 3 years. To be honest this is my first experience with any martial art. I have no idea if what he is telling me is true. I have no real way to verify it. I respect your opinion as I find your posts to be very intelligent and dead on. Is there something I could ask him that only a true student of HKM would know? That way I could verify what he is saying. It does bug me a bit that he might be lying about this. Maybe you can help me get to the truth.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He did not learn from Ho Kam Ming and I don't think that he learned WSL WC either. Imitating motions
    of skilled sifus do not result in transference of the same skills.Enough said!I give you the bottom line truth as I see it. I have been to Toronto several times and alsi in HK among other places related to wing chun. I don't care to get into the mud on this. Cleaning the Augean stables of lineage claims in wing chun is more than a Herculean task and not worth it- at least to me. You have to make your own judgments.I shared mine.
    I sometimes correct mis-impressions about my sifu and my sigung, as I see them- but I do NOT speak for them.

joy chaudhuri
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 12-18-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Exclamation Will the truth set you free

There are reasons and motives for everything that we do, your teacher is the only one with the truth. Read between the lines as I've, Joy has no wish to join the politic flaming circus, that's how I would respect his opinion. All it should matter is that what you have learn and can be use effectively.

THE TRUTH IS IN EVERYTHING.....search for it you find itI think Krishnamurdi said that
    or maybe Bruce Lee
    well my english is more and more good

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He did not learn from Ho Kam Ming and I don't think that he learned WSL WC either. Imitating motions
    of skilled sifus do not result in transference of the same skills.Enough said!I give you the bottom line truth as I see it. I have been to Toronto several times and alsi in HK among other places related to wing chun. I don't care to get into the mud on this. Cleaning the Augean stables of lineage claims in wing chun is more than a Herculean task and not worth it- at least to me. You have to make your own judgments.I shared mine.
    I sometimes correct mis-impressions about my sifu and my sigung, as I see them- but I do NOT speak for them.

joy chaudhuri
    Well I know that he did not learn form WSL. That was my own mistake in posting that he did. I will respect your wishes and drop this. Although I feel that the training I have received so far has been great but this new development taints it a little. At least in my opinion. I will search for the truth and if I do find it I will let you know. Although you seem pretty convienced that he did not train HKM I doubt that any info that I bring you will change your mind. Thanks for showing me that this is a possiblity as I never thought to question my sifu before.

maybe he s a new bruce lee.....maybe hes theory and principle of WC is better of the old one ....maybe he could invent the wheel...who know