Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    Why would I want anyone to take me to the ground?

I would try and use their momentum to spin them around and throw them off to the side. I have worked this a bit.

Though I would much rather take out my CRKT Folding Hissatu knives and cut the dumb a s s .

Why would any of you not want to end the real fight as quickly as possible?

use a weapon and make them pay.
    don't really want to stab a guy to death for tackling me after i pinch his girlfriends bum.

so, i lose an ma point and gain a morality point and lose only a 1/4 of it for teh bum pinch but regain it all back for not stabbing the guy to death.

sometimes, we deserve a punch on the lip.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

im clumsy with knifes i always cut myself instead

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    im clumsy with knifes i always cut myself instead
    Maybe you should study some kungfu or something and learn how to use em.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

one blade comfortability practice ive always done is to flip a sharp knife (at least a couple feet or more into the air with a few spins) and catch it by the blade without cutting yourself consistantly. even better if you can let the point land directly into your palm without piercing the skin, yet gain control right away. just for being comfortable with handling something very sharp. also practice quick drawing it. keep it in the same place, and get good at getting it out in a second. lie on the ground in differint positions and do that, have a friend sit on you and do that, practice drawing it with your opposite hand. lots of fun stuff like that. you need to be really good at getting it into play if you want to rely on it at all.

i carry a CRKT also, m-16 model. fast, locking, and sharp as hell.

personally i dont have a moral issue with pulling a blade, under the right circumstances. such as i am being assaulted and am in fear for my safety. i dont start **** but ill finish it. much of the time though you can see that i have a blade on me, i dont hide it, i clip it in my jeans change pocket. im not profecient on the ground, if someone takes me down im looking at getting a joint broken, getting choked out, possibly strangled to death. Im not going to let some one possibly kill me if i can help it. dont start **** with me and i wont have to stab you.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Buck folding Hunter - the knife that made Charles Manson famous.

Loop of chain just looped behind the blade point. Opens on the draw with an almighty WHACK.

Certainly gets your attention...

I have to admit, I like these new knives where you can put your finger through the holes in the handle, that have the non-slip design and flanges on the end of the handle, whatever those hilt elements are called.

I don't like the Hunter because your hand can slip up over the blade if you stab something hard. This is such a common occurrence in knife fights that it leads to the ID of the attacker due to blood evidence, and corresponding wounds on the suspect on a regular basis.

Good tactical knives need to be non slip, and protect your hands from blades slipping up the blade.

Then again, I'm kind of over the fantasy of drawing that knife in battle. Being that I don't carry it.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    don't really want to stab a guy to death for tackling me after i pinch his girlfriends bum.

so, i lose an ma point and gain a morality point and lose only a 1/4 of it for teh bum pinch but regain it all back for not stabbing the guy to death.

sometimes, we deserve a punch on the lip.

Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I'm an amateur ornithologist. Where did you get that image of the Eagle attacking and what's the story behind the image?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

**** i thought the eagle pic was a real good chop feel sorry for that guy

merry christmas everybody

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Aussie Rules? Ha, bunch of big girls chasing a chook around the paddock....
    Oath. Complete girl's sport.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    Why would I want anyone to take me to the ground?

I would try and use their momentum to spin them around and throw them off to the side. I have worked this a bit.

Though I would much rather take out my CRKT Folding Hissatu knives and cut the dumb a s s .

Why would any of you not want to end the real fight as quickly as possible?

use a weapon and make them pay.
    why would i want to let anyone punch me in the face? why would i want to let anyone fight me why don't i just shank him for looking at me?

because you can get arrested for carrying and using a weapon especially if you are not in fear of your life, and because sometimes your opponent is on you so quickly pulling a blade is not an option.

can i ask who you have worked spinning people around becuase i have never seen this work with anyone hald decent

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    one blade comfortability practice ive always done is to flip a sharp knife (at least a couple feet or more into the air with a few spins) and catch it by the blade without cutting yourself consistantly. even better if you can let the point land directly into your palm without piercing the skin, yet gain control right away. just for being comfortable with handling something very sharp. also practice quick drawing it. keep it in the same place, and get good at getting it out in a second. lie on the ground in differint positions and do that, have a friend sit on you and do that, practice drawing it with your opposite hand. lots of fun stuff like that. you need to be really good at getting it into play if you want to rely on it at all.

i carry a CRKT also, m-16 model. fast, locking, and sharp as hell.

personally i dont have a moral issue with pulling a blade, under the right circumstances. such as i am being assaulted and am in fear for my safety. i dont start **** but ill finish it. much of the time though you can see that i have a blade on me, i dont hide it, i clip it in my jeans change pocket. im not profecient on the ground, if someone takes me down im looking at getting a joint broken, getting choked out, possibly strangled to death. Im not going to let some one possibly kill me if i can help it. dont start **** with me and i wont have to stab you.

thats fine as long as you have actually worked ground knife work against someone tieing your arms up, hitting you and pulling his own weapon, if you have not its a bit like argueing i would just stab someone if he was trying to punch r kick me so why should i bother learning martial arts at all? Sounds great but can you actually do it?

Yea Frost, the eternal problem. You got a gun or blade, you have the advantage, and you're probably OK. Unless of course, you get beat. Then instead of getting an aSS kicking you get stabbed or shot.

I like weapons other people can't or don't think of using.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Good post with one exception. You can defend a shot without sprawling.
    No argument. But it's all same same to me. It's hard for me to think about these things as individual pieces like that. I use a buckback, which is sort of a sprawl and sort of not. Some guys stand them up with an underhook or two. Which ever.

But what all of them have in common is not letting the opponent getting your hips and legs sucked up.

Now, can we stop talking about knives and MA, and get back to the pretty wominz with beverages on their bodies?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Yea Frost, the eternal problem. You got a gun or blade, you have the advantage, and you're probably OK. Unless of course, you get beat. Then instead of getting an aSS kicking you get stabbed or shot.

I like weapons other people can't or don't think of using.
    you want to carry and use a weapon fine thats your choice, but its no excuse not to learn an important aspect of fighting. what happnes if you lose you weapon, can'd deploy it or he has one, then you are f*cked. using a weapon as an excuse as to why you are not learning ground fighting is just being lazy.

and as you pointed out deplyong a weapon increases the stakes an aweful lot, bad news if you are on the lossing side

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    No argument. But it's all same same to me. It's hard for me to think about these things as individual pieces like that. I use a buckback, which is sort of a sprawl and sort of not. Some guys stand them up with an underhook or two. Which ever.

But what all of them have in common is not letting the opponent getting your hips and legs sucked up.

Now, can we stop talking about knives and MA, and get back to the pretty wominz with beverages on their bodies?
    yep its all grappling and its all good, and i agree we need pictures of naked women and not silly arguements for the 90's