Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Buddhists do it.
    Daoists do it.
    Hindis do it.
    Rosicrucians do it.
    Freemasons do it.
    OTO members do it.
    Indian "medicine men" do it.

And I'm sure they all do "IT" also, or at least their parents did..
    Wow just what the forum needs, another deluded and sad troll.

Or,

Wow, just what the forum needs, another account for Hardwork108, I wonder when he'll start talking to himself and validating his own position!? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    me too and none of that kreskin shyte either. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I am open to seeing your evidence of "mind reading".
    l
    I KNEW you were going to say that!
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    I KNEW you were going to say that!
    Being predictable is not the same as having your mind read.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You know, the problem with the original question is that most people don't take a shot until they are already in grappling range to begin with.

I was always taught that if you can't reach out and touch them, you are too far to shoot.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i like a shoot counter fumio demura did in masters magazine

he sprawled first then grabded the shooters gi at his back and drug him down face first to the floor then he slammed his head on the floor LOL

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Being predictable is not the same as having your mind read.
    and thats a huge aspect in reading someones intention. predictability in the person, predictability in a forced situation, etc.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Or,

Wow, just what the forum needs, another account for Hardwork108, I wonder when he'll start talking to himself and validating his own position!? lol

Well...it took three pages of posts for him to reveal himself.

good eye, though DJ.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

As he's taking the shot, through your coffee in his/her face, pivot counter clockwise off your back foot and run away. If you don't have some coffee, don't get into a fight with a grappler/shooter/ shotter.

Moral of the story don't get in a fight unless you're at a Starbucks.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

A sprawl does not take you to groundfighting, nor must you be in an extended grappling situation after one.

A good shot does not usually tie up the arms. A shot is a leg attack, usually. It may clear the hands as part of the set up, but the opponents arms are most often free.

Knocking out your opponent before they shoot sounds nice, but most people find it difficult to just "knock somebody out," when they don't want to stand there and let you sock them on the night-night button.

If you want to learn to defend the shot, and stay on your feet, learn to sprawl properly. Simple, effective, and adaptable.

Any other answer, barring a projectile weapon, is retarded.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    A sprawl does not take you to groundfighting, nor must you be in an extended grappling situation after one.

A good shot does not usually tie up the arms. A shot is a leg attack, usually. It may clear the hands as part of the set up, but the opponents arms are most often free.

Knocking out your opponent before they shoot sounds nice, but most people find it difficult to just "knock somebody out," when they don't want to stand there and let you sock them on the night-night button.

If you want to learn to defend the shot, and stay on your feet, learn to sprawl properly. Simple, effective, and adaptable.

Any other answer, barring a projectile weapon, is retarded.
    Good post with one exception. You can defend a shot without sprawling.

Centre of gravity

There is a lot of talk about centre of gravity. How easy is it to shoot when your opponent is keeping their centre of gravity lower?

Granted, when your opponent is staying low, it opens other options, but simply, is it harder to shoot on an opponent that keeps their centre of gravity lower than yours?

One of those old wrestling and judo fundamentals...

The practical implication that I'm curious about is if you more experienced lads find keeping low is a pre-emptive or passive defence against the shoot?

Personally, I find it is.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

drop an elbow on the back of the head...

The state that resembles a middle finger.

Or,

Haha it took you that long to figure that out.

Anyways Mr. Carpetbagger needs help on his sprawl because Internal TCMA have no such thing. we should help him out.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles View Post
    I used to sprawl. Then I learned that the whole reason behind stances was to deal with mutiple people trying to grab/tackle you. I used to have a good sprawl, but now that move is retired for better technique. I did very specific training to be able to defend a shot and be in a good position to attack. I then tested this playing rugby when many people were trying to take me down. Its easier to do in a sparring setting, but even at a sprint the principles apply.

www.kungfuchengdu.com
    rugby eh?

I like playing it to when I can. Being a canuck, there is not a lot of opportunity to do so.

I think we get about 3 days a year when the ground is soft enough.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I simple said KO to make my point of taking the guy out BEFORE he has a chance to shot in.
    The KO is the ideal outcome of course, but doing enough to keep him "honest" can be "good enough" too.

I have seen guys get taking out by punches, elbows, knees and round kicks as they were "staring" their shooting in, its a timing thing of course, you either need to "stop hit" them at the sweet point or you need to "side step" and counter it.
    But the crux is NOT letting them get their hands on you.

And no, elbows to the back of the head or knees after they have closed and have contact with you do not work that well as is evidence by countless clips you can find on youtube if one is so inclined to search.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !