Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The real problem with Wing Chun, and the solütion

The real problem with Wing Chun, and the solütion

Long and heartrending are the lamentations about the sorry state and fractured nature of Wing Chun. The reasons given are many, but the solutions proposed few and sorry.

Wing Chun needs a tougher image. The pathetic adherence to antedeluvian cultural associations and wishy-washy attempts to make it into some new age pussified version of the already pussified internal martial arts and Buddhist traditions have got us nowhere. The New Age is over, and as The Clash predicted, nobody escaped, especially Wing Chun.

A tougher image. We need a quantum leap into gnarliness and sheer psychic terror. We need ...

The heavy metal umlaut. What got Motörhead charging like a nitro-injected road missile.

Wing Chün. Yes, Wing Chün.

As David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap said. "It's like a pair of eyes. You're looking at the umlaut, and it's looking at you."

You want gravitas? Depth? Try the Abyss. As Nietsche said. "Gaze into the Abyss for long enough, the Abyss gazes back at you." The Abyss. Depth up to here (or actually, down to There). Same thing with the umlaut. Two eyes, wormholes into the depths of the Abyss. Get some of THAT Godless rocket fuel into your Wing Chün and scare the c r a p out of those keyboard warriors.

Nietsche spoiled that by prefacing it with "Take care when fighting monsters, that you do not become a monster." Screw Nietsche. You can bet he never won a challenge match or fought MMA. Wing Chün is screaming out like a dam ned soul for a few real monsters.

I sort of get the WT guys were trying to do when they changed to Wing Tsun, but they missed the point totally. In Germany, of all places, where Nietsche and the two eyes of the umlaut were staring them in the face. A HUGE opportunity missed. The Gracies would have run from Emin had he used the umlaut, that I can guarantee. Unless the Gracies started doing Jiü Jitsu, that is (only one umlaut; two shows a certain desperation).

The pain you endure to include the umlaut in your KFO posts will make you stronger.

Are you going to remain a loser, or will you start practising Wing Chün instead?

Happy Holidays.

Note to fanboys: Yes, I know Spinal Tap is properly spelt with no dot on the i and an umlaut over the n. If you can work out how to do that inside a KFO post, your HTML-fu is stronger than mine, and I will duly grovel at your cyberfeet for the chance to learn from the master.
    Last edited by anerlich; 12-19-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: I felt like it
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Fantastic!

Patches may help too....
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Excellent, Andrew!

But the REAL problem with WCK is that many of its practitioners have fairies tattooed on their asses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WidsgIt3lfw

Merry Christmas! Happy Hannakah! Enjoyable Kwanza! Serenity NOW!!!!

Thumbs up

You can always count on Andrew for several gem thread-starters every year, and this is clearly his latest and greatest !!!

Merry Christmas...and for me personally - it's Wagner's PARSIVAL that moves mountains within the Germanic traditions.

But the question is: Did Parsival ever use The Centerline Punch during his conquests?
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 12-19-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Bah!!!
    The problem with WC is that Praying Mantis Kung Fu stole its mojo!

BWAHAHAHA!
    Richard

Wing Chun should be about fighting.

Discussions about Wing Chun should be about fighting.

The practise of Wing Chun should involve an almost exclusive emphasis on fighting (forms and chi sao should be used as points of reference only).

The Wing Chun fighter should be encouraged to cross-train for the sake of being a complete fighter.

Anything even vaguely resembling esoterica should be discouraged.

All Wing Chun men should be forced to watch Mighty Boosh and listen to Dubstep.

Suki
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Hope the force be with you

If there is one problem with WC it has nothing to do with the system per say but what some have made of it.
    An isolated, near sighted and overly specialized system that is at home "sticking hands" instead of "talking with them".
    The problem of WC is that its practioners do not fight outside of its closed circles and as such, while they are adapt at fighting "themselves" they don't have the answer to fighting "others".
    The exceptions being those that do fight "others", but they are indeed the exception when they should be the rule.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Anerlich puts the ü in Wing Chün !!!!! And that post puts the "me" in "awesome"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    You want gravitas? Depth? Try the Abyss. As Nietsche said. "Gaze into the Abyss for long enough, the Abyss gazes back at you." The Abyss. Depth up to here (or actually, down to There). Same thing with the umlaut. Two eyes, wormholes into the depths of the Abyss. Get some of THAT Godless rocket fuel into your Wing Chün and scare the c r a p out of those keyboard warriors.

Nietsche spoiled that by prefacing it with "Take care when fighting monsters, that you do not become a monster." Screw Nietsche. You can bet he never won a challenge match or fought MMA. Wing Chün is screaming out like a dam ned soul for a few real monsters.
    Later philosophers who overcame Nietsche, said "You are what you conceal".
    Later Philosophers who overcame those, laughed along with Nietsche's patients in the sanitarium.

Thumbs up Right ON!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If there is one problem with WC it has nothing to do with the system per say but what some have made of it.
    An isolated, near sighted and overly specialized system that is at home "sticking hands" instead of "talking with them".
    The problem of WC is that its practioners do not fight outside of its closed circles and as such, while they are adapt at fighting "themselves" they don't have the answer to fighting "others".
    The exceptions being those that do fight "others", but they are indeed the exception when they should be the rule.

To added insult to injury, some are proclaimed to be teaching real WC - what ever the hell that meant, some are withholding the "secrect" techniques. Granted some teach as an means to make an living, that practice is fraud and unethical, and the worst is the ones claims Sifu/Master status without true qualifications to take people's hard earned money. To the many exceptions out there, I salute you! Keep on giving your students all you have.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    To added insult to injury, some are proclaimed to be teaching real WC - what ever the hell that meant, some are withholding the "secrect" techniques. Granted some teach as an means to make an living, that practice is fraud and unethical, and the worst is the ones claims Sifu/Master status without true qualifications to take people's hard earned money. To the many exceptions out there, I salute you! Keep on giving your students all you have.
    Can you give us a lineage or family of WC you prefer or recommend without naming others.

Can you give us a lineage or family of WC you prefer or recommend without naming others.
    THe first two letters of his screen name might be a clue ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    THe first two letters of his screen name might be a clue ...
    Actually wt is short for west texas, letters of the company which I work for. My perferred lineage is the one I can get my hands on, learning is everything that matters. WC has an root, all branch and leafs spring from there.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Actually wt is short for west texas, letters of the company which I work for. My perferred lineage is the one I can get my hands on, learning is everything that matters. WC has an root, all branch and leafs spring from there.
    Are you high plains or trans Pecos?