Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: attention circle walkers

Quote Originally Posted by woliveri View Post
    Mr. Ming Qian Bo is showing some nice 摇 Yao movement in that clip. You can especially see it in his back and hips when he shows the move in mid-air and not actually on his student. Lots of practice to get that. Good clip!
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    Not that it was meant to be like there are no other teachers.

Dr. Painter is well known by many.

My advice is to go see and participate in classes and see if you actually like the flavor of Baguazhang that is being taught by different people. find the one you like and learn it fully.

Mr. Dugas,

I believe that you are being somewhat presumptous. I did not know that the higher levels of Bagua included thought interpretation as well. I suppose that I will now need to double or even triple my efforts if I wish to obtain such a level of skill.

Thank you for the advice, but it has already been applied.

I did find what works for me, and I am in the process of learning it.

Best wishes.

Luk Hop,

a few questions.

What neijia system do you train in?

With who do you train this system?

How long have you trained in said Neijia system.
    Last edited by Boston Bagua; 12-22-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

All 3 develop ways to use the entire body as a whole to create power, of course this is done through their styles flavor for lack of a better word.
    well said - all are complimentary to one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    When someone is very good, they don't have to move, you see it in their presence.
    ain't that the truth... presence is everything.

I will be moving to Florida when I am finished with my masters program in acupuncture and herbal medicine.
    argh! why cant anyone good come and teach in colorado!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Where are you at? My old Kung Fu brother is in Colorado. Has close to 30 years experience (if not more) in external (mantis) and internal (taiji/bagua).

Where are you at? My old Kung Fu brother is in Colorado. Has close to 30 years experience (if not more) in external (mantis) and internal (taiji/bagua).
    in wheatridge

let me guess this guys on the othe side of colorado huh?

Nope, he's right in your area I believe.

I'll see if I can find his info. I don't believe he has a school right now but I'll see what I can find out.

His name is David Simeone

Nope, he's right in your area I believe.

I'll see if I can find his info. I don't believe he has a school right now but I'll see what I can find out.

His name is David Simeone
    really? cool thanks man

Last I heard he was "house sitting" for the McAfee Mansion. Are you near there?

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO -- A mansion once owned by John McAfee in Woodland Park ...........

Are you near Colorado Springs, or Woodland Park?

Last I heard he was "house sitting" for the McAfee Mansion. Are you near there?

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO -- A mansion once owned by John McAfee in Woodland Park ...........

Are you near Colorado Springs, or Woodland Park?
    heck no i am a long way from there

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

Good lord man.. Colorado is full of good people! Marcus Brinkman was there for quite a while and taught alot of folks., plus there are all the Tang Shou Tao types. PM me your email and I will pass it along to a gungfu brother of mine who is in the Boulder area. He can probably point you better towards whatever you'd like to find, he knows alot of Taiji, Shuai Chiao and (of course) Bagua people.

Colorado is alot better than Tennessee for that.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Good lord man.. Colorado is full of good people! Marcus Brinkman was there for quite a while and taught alot of folks., plus there are all the Tang Shou Tao types. PM me your email and I will pass it along to a gungfu brother of mine who is in the Boulder area. He can probably point you better towards whatever you'd like to find, he knows alot of Taiji, Shuai Chiao and (of course) Bagua people.

Colorado is alot better than Tennessee for that.
    I was looking in the Boulder area (my home town), it looked like the only Bagua school I could find had closed indefinately.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    I was looking in the Boulder area (my home town), it looked like the only Bagua school I could find had closed indefinately.
    Yeah those are the YiZong folks.. but Marcus Brinkman had quite a few good students who later trained with Eric Luo. The following is just speculation.. but I would bet money the two guys who spearheaded/led that school are still training themselves. You can always talk to those cats about meeting up for lessons in the park or someone's backyard. IIRC those folks rented/borrowed matspace from the local Judo school (similar to my arrangement with a local JKD school). Chances are the economy tanked and they had to trim their personal budget. Which meant the expenditure of their MA rental space was probably on the chopping block first. A fellow has to feed his kids before spending money on gungfu.

If you really want the goods you don't let something like "our group is closed indefinitely" dissuade you. Find out who ran the group and track them down. Assume it was overhead, not the desire to teach that shelved the public operation, until they tell you differently.

When I first started training Glenn was renting the upstairs of a ballet school. Then after some months he moved the "class" to the park. I never saw more than 3 students in a class the whole time I trained with him. Didn't matter though. I wasn't driving to him because of his building. I was driving to him because I had a peak experience watching bagua and I had worn out two copies of a book reading and rereading. He had what I had to have, and I wanted it.

Don't take "on hiatus indefinitely" to mean "you can't train with us". The positive attitude is "hmm.. maybe the classes will be small, informal, and austere, out in the rough!". Keep at it!
    -Bi Tianzou -

kfson,
    I am the class leader of the school that dimethylsea spoke of. My teacher Owen Schilling has been leading a Xingyi group in Boulder on Saturday mornings in Boulder. Both he and myself are available for private lessons in Baguazhang. You can PM me if you would like information on how to contact us.
    We ended up shutting the school down due to some scheduling conflicts & a dip in class attendance. The group that meets on Saturday is primarily comprised of our core group of students from the school. It is a good group of folks that practice hard.

Best Regards,
    Chris