Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortune Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Either he's an absolute moron or them be some extraordinary circumstances.
    It was unfortunate.

ouch wenshu. that's some wicked pun fu.

Don't underestimate yourself. Your social skills are needed by others at this time.
    What an odd fortune. Perhaps it refers to my upcoming trip to the Tai Chi Gala?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The one above sort of did apply to the Tai Chi Gala

Now the curious question is 'what does this apply to?'
    Trust is earned by many deeds.
    Actually, that's the curious question with all of these. That and 'why is it that I can't afford to eat anywhere else but cheap Chinese so often?'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is silly

Nothing dared, nothing gained.
    That's not how it goes.
    I want another fortune.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

what were you thinkin? "with great risk comes great reward" or something like that?

I was thinking "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Act boldly and unseen forces will come to your aid.
    I like this one because I could use some unseen aiding forces right about now. The odd thing is it is cut poorly, so the first line (Act...forces) is cut in half. Is that inauspicious or am I reading too much into these **** cookies?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I like this one because I could use some unseen aiding forces right about now. The odd thing is it is cut poorly, so the first line (Act...forces) is cut in half. Is that inauspicious or am I reading too much into these **** cookies?
    Remember in BSG when Baltar won the trial and all those chicks put him up, fed him, treated him like some new type of jesus?

I wish that would happen to me next time I complain about something significant...

But yeah. I think that as long as you aren't you know... clearly nuts, you will get support for common sense stuff that doesn't get dragged into the light like it should be.
    It's a catalyst thing...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yea, yea, right, right, right

Night people: "Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
    I run a night krew at music festivals. This could be our new motto.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

You will die alone and unmourned
    Best fortune cookie ever

6" wide by 4.5" tall containing an 11" fortune inside

That doesn't seem all that big, at least, not Guinness world record big.

Los Angeles Company Creates World's Largest Fortune Cookie
    Lady Fortunes Inc announces the launch of its largest creation yet - The Super Giant Fortune Cookie - and prepares to earn a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for its confectionery colossus.

Daria and The Super Giant Fortune Cookie

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 05, 2014

Giant Fortune Cookies have been around for decades, but Lady Fortunes Inc has been the Nation's premier manufacturer and source since 2004. To date, the largest "Giant" Fortune Cookie has boasted a size of 6" wide by 4.5" tall containing an 11" fortune inside and weighing in at under 1 lb once dipped and decorated in chocolates and toppings.

Confectionery Officer and owner Daria Artem has spent hundreds of hours attempting to create the "World's Most Gigantic Fortune Cookie"- a feat which many of her contemporaries were skeptical could ever be accomplished. "We called it 'Project Create The World's Most Gigantic Fortune Cookie'," reminisces Carrie Dunlap, office manager at the company. "Daria was obsessed with the idea of creating a cookie that was truly larger than life. It was her pipe dream! And we all laughed until the day we saw it with our own eyes".

Spanning a whopping 11" in width, over 7" in height and 10" in depth, The Super Giant Fortune Cookie is about to enter the Gourmet Cookie scene in a BIG, BIG way, dwarfing its confectionery sibling, the Giant Fortune Cookie. This heavyweight treat weighs between 1.25 lbs to almost 2lbs depending on how it is dipped and decorated. It is bigger than an average person's head and promises to earn a jaw drop wherever it goes.

It all started when Daria Artem sent a Giant Fortune Cookie to a prominent magazine editor with the hopes of making a GIANT impression. "The editor I sent my cookie to didn't call me back, and when i finally got a hold of her, she chastised me for not having lived up to my promised of sending her a 'true' Giant Fortune Cookie," Daria Artem says. "Since then, I have made it a mission to come up with something that even the most seasoned of editors would find impressive: a SUPER Giant Fortune Cookie." That was 10 years ago when Artem vied for a coveted spot in a major Holiday Gift Guide.

"You fall but learn to get right back up- and my only redemption was to come up with a Fortune Cookie that would be so GIGANTIC it would undeniably live up to its reputation!" Daria said.

After years of trial and error, Daria discovered the secret to folding and forming the enormous cookie without collapsing on itself due to its enormous size and weight. "It was completely by accident and all I heard was her screaming 'I got it! I got it!'" says a factory employee. "We were all so happy for her. And for us too! We could stop eating all her mistakes!"

Daria Artem has submitted an application on behalf of her company Lady Fortunes Inc with the Guinness Book of World Records to enter the World Record for The Most Gigantic Fortune Cookie. Results of her submission will take weeks to months, but Daria Artem and her company feel confident that given the opportunity to set the record, the humble fortune cookie will gain worldwide attention in a truly GIGANTIC way.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Got this one on Friday

Hopefully the picture will come up, if not, it said " You will be hungry again in one hour."

Name:  IMG_1825.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  93.8 KB

New waitress

She didn't know my standard order (mabo tofu, fired rice) but she brought me a special jar of pepper oil from in back.

A person's character is his destiny.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

These giant fortune cookies were given out as favors at a wedding I attended a few years ago. It makes a good home for this bad ass fortune I got last week.

That's cool, wenshu

Is that a hinged container?

I just got a stupid fortune:
    Aspire to be great - then help others.
    Why must you be 'great' to help? Anyone can help. Besides, it's just aspiring.

The new waitress messed up my order and gave me white rice instead of fried rice. I like fried rice better because I feel like I get more food (a little egg and onion mixed in).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The new waitress messed up my order and gave me white rice instead of fried rice. I like fried rice better because I feel like I get more food (a little egg and onion mixed in).
    Haha, you do that too!

I will look at a menu and think of weight price ratios. I'm no foodie, nutrition and amount are far more important to me than taste. Within reason, of course.