Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of kung fu in the eyes of some TMCA Teachers

Thank you Hitman. It was a great read and I hope it serves to open some eyes in this forum.

HW108

we may start another thread about me if you want.

I removed my posts in this thread.

I have no business in this thread.

if you believe that whatever they said represents the state of kung fu

is your business.

interesting article.

it supports my views that real kung fu is dying out because it has become obsolete in modern times. pity.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    we may start another thread about me if you want.

I removed my posts in this thread.

I have no business in this thread.

if you believe that whatever they said represents the state of kung fu

is your business.

i believe in the empowerment of chiense people, of making my people strong, of being proud of my nation as a race of warriors
    the things you say, many people say it in real life, and its like a dagger stabbing into my heart, to see dogs wearing the skin of humans and speaking the ancient immortal language of my grandfathers

today is christmas if you really love your kung fu in this brand new year start practicing seriously
    Last edited by bawang; 12-24-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

IMO the intention has shifted from life or death focus in training to sport, performance, or standard self defense. almost across the board. even most authority figures do not really train to kill, but rather to subdue and restrain. the killing training comes in the form of fire arms training.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

hey bawang, what do you think about mutts like me practicing chinese martial art? you can be honest, i wont get offended
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i believe in the empowerment of chiense people, of making my people strong, of being proud of my nation as a race of warriors
    the things you say, many people say it in real life, and its like a dagger stabbing into my heart, to see dogs wearing the skin of humans and speaking the ancient immortal language of my grandfathers

today is christmas if you really love your kung fu in this brand new year start practicing seriously
    I am not putting down the articles and writers.

I am just pointing out that everything you do has something to do with fighting.

long forms and short forms etc.

again I do not want to critique one bit by one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    IMO the intention has shifted from life or death focus in training to sport, performance, or standard self defense. almost across the board. even most authority figures do not really train to kill, but rather to subdue and restrain. the killing training comes in the form of fire arms training.
    this kind of thinking is how 70 japanese pirates killed 4000 ming soldiers and wandered all the way outside nanjing the backthen capital
    in my opinion training kung fu should transform you and make you hard, but people transformed kung fu and made it soft

about life and ddeath, my friend got killed in new york delivering pizzas. i think about life and death all the time, what it means to be alive in thsi world
    hey bawang, what do you think about mutts like me practicing chinese martial art? you can be honest, i wont get offended

yo man the son doesnt carry the sins of the father the past is the past. i just dont give respect to people that dont give respect to chinese art of war. plus this is the internet i can say whatever i want. penus balls testicleburger.
    also im just harder on chinese cuz they cant throw the race card. in real life someone say those stuff i spit blood on their face. i talk the same way not one word less.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-24-2009 at 03:40 PM.

I am just pointing out that everything you do has something to do with fighting.
    this kind of thinking is how 6500 soldiers per city ming militia reserve see 100 japanese wokou on the sea shore and break formation and runs

this kind of defeatist pacifist, emasculated feminine, confucist thinking is how a woman in china is stabbed in broad daylight and no one helps. it is why wing chun is the #1 popular kung fu style in the entire world

this is why people say 100 rmb is like dirt now, yet wont give a cent to the homeless and poor.
    long forms and short forms etc.
    i learned heavy weapon the long spear it only has 13 moves. i practice 6 horus a day.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-24-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the state of kung fu is too fat and slow

the first day i learned basics i did it just like you in all ur videos and my kaimen shifu slapped the sh1t out of me

i have seen lots of old crappy kung fu people. u think because you are old now its ok to do kung fu badly. i know one that has stopped teaching real kung fu since 1987. age means sh1t to me. because you are chinese you think you automatically get respect. because you are chinese i wont kiss your ass like i have to do to white peoples and ill tell the truth when i see it
    you are fat and slow
    Dave Ross, I believe that you are still upset. No need to insult other posters here and stop pretending that you are Chinese as you would need to reincarnate for at least a dozen times before you were allowed to be born Chinese.

i agree with you bawang, more people need to be more serious in their training, in that life and death mindset. thats part of the reason i dont like so many forms. its a waste of time. i forgot all my forms on purpose except for 2 which is the same style anyway (and weapons, i still do several of those but i think that weapon is a bit different because it is ONLY for killing). now i just do all my punches and kicks and pull techniques out of the form and drill them over and over. but that is also why i carry a knife where i go because i know sometimes you do need it. todays life for me though is very mellow, easy for me now, but it wasnt always like that so i keep that with me because i know the truth.

safety is really an illusion.

one that is shattered the first time someone tries to hurt you bad. i dont know if you ever read much about bushido but it is very similar in regard to honor/death/life/respect, wude/bushido. there is a bushido saying that goes something like:

the moment you walk out from under the eaves of your home, you are at deaths door.

meaning to always live with death in your heart because we never know when we will be chosen to die. this is to eating sleeping kungfu sex all of it. it is all better when you add the spice of death. because we all die and you just have to accept it, so when we do accept our death we can appreciate our life even more.

this is something that i think all realistic martial artists need to keep in their minds often. if you plan to train so you can defend yourself, you should try to think about how to kill people because that might be the only way you can win when someone comes after you.

bawang isnt david ross...lol

i think that the article has some good points, but i also believe that there are people alive today who still try to train as realistic as possible. the only problem is we are not being put into life and death situations where we use our kungfu often. so we degrade in the sense that we are not being pressured under the circumstances kungfu was developed for. fighting for your life and to kill the other man.

without being put into those situations we tend to round our training around the situations we do find ourselves in. sport, self defense (just getting beat up, not killed), performance.

for most self defense training we work on dealing with attacks and defenses under the pretense that we arent going to die for sure if we lose.

that is where a major shift has taken place in most peoples intention with their training.

bawang isnt david ross...lol
    Of course he is....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Of course he is....
    why do you say that?