Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: training the spear hand

training the spear hand

merry christmas all i was just curious about the different methods of spear hand training some of you prefer to do
    id like to see all the different methods from all the styles we have on here

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    sand
    small gravel
    large gravel
    broken bottles
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I really can't recommend broken bottles. I have trained my hands for this weapon, and I don't think it matters what system or style you practice. You need to strengthen the hand and focus it to strike in as stable a manner as possible. I use the ring and middle finger as the striking points, the little finger and the pointer tend to brace them and help hold them together under impact. These fingers are in direct line with the wrist and forearm bones and are closer to the same length, making them a better choice. Now, When striking you have to give your hand an option in case it strikes a solid surface. You strike with an angle so that the hand can collapse up or down or toward the knuckles should this occur.
    That said, I used sand in a large box or pail. You drive each hand down as deeply as you can into the sand. Your hand will at first not penetrate well. The fingers will seperate and go in different directions. The wrist will collapse. Continue doing this a while, every day, over and over, and eventually the fingers will hold together and the hand will strike in a more stable and direct manner. The hand will not collapse and will penetrate up to and beyond the wrist into the sand. I do not feel using gravel is going to help stablize the hand any better, but it might help deaden the nerves and kill sensation to prevent pain. I don't recommend this if you intend to make a living using your hands. Most people use their hands no matter what sort of work they do. This simple method of training your spear hand (kill hand) will give you the ability to inflict grave injury with your hands. This weapon is more suited to striking nerve centers, and areas of the body not well protected. Groin, not testicles, but groin, the line from pelvic bridge to the hip bone, is a dangerous strike, the throat, eyes, liver and solar plexus, and several other striking locations. You can paralyze an arm, or kill a person. But in order to do this you have to have the weapon trained to do it. The reason people tend to make fun of the eye poke or finger jab is because they do not have the ability nor have they seen this ability before and it to them does not exist.

LCP

I really can't recommend broken bottles. I have trained my hands for this weapon, and I don't think it matters what system or style you practice. You need to strengthen the hand and focus it to strike in as stable a manner as possible. I use the ring and middle finger as the striking points, the little finger and the pointer tend to brace them and help hold them together under impact. These fingers are in direct line with the wrist and forearm bones and are closer to the same length, making them a better choice. Now, When striking you have to give your hand an option in case it strikes a solid surface. You strike with an angle so that the hand can collapse up or down or toward the knuckles should this occur.
    That said, I used sand in a large box or pail. You drive each hand down as deeply as you can into the sand. Your hand will at first not penetrate well. The fingers will seperate and go in different directions. The wrist will collapse. Continue doing this a while, every day, over and over, and eventually the fingers will hold together and the hand will strike in a more stable and direct manner. The hand will not collapse and will penetrate up to and beyond the wrist into the sand. I do not feel using gravel is going to help stablize the hand any better, but it might help deaden the nerves and kill sensation to prevent pain. I don't recommend this if you intend to make a living using your hands. Most people use their hands no matter what sort of work they do. This simple method of training your spear hand (kill hand) will give you the ability to inflict grave injury with your hands. This weapon is more suited to striking nerve centers, and areas of the body not well protected. Groin, not testicles, but groin, the line from pelvic bridge to the hip bone, is a dangerous strike, the throat, eyes, liver and solar plexus, and several other striking locations. You can paralyze an arm, or kill a person. But in order to do this you have to have the weapon trained to do it. The reason people tend to make fun of the eye poke or finger jab is because they do not have the ability nor have they seen this ability before and it to them does not exist.

LCP

LCP: obviously your teacher taught you wrong.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

LCP,

really.

ridiculous.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    not really a big fan of spear hand. I was taught it but in a fight i feel i'm more comfortable with just a fist. to me it leaves to much room for error and a hurt hand. but everyone there own.
    seen a lot of people on here talk about phoenix eye and the apps they do with it. I'm guessing with proper training it could be applicable same as spear hand, but again i'm just more comfortable with fist and kicks.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    not really a big fan of spear hand. I was taught it but in a fight i feel i'm more comfortable with just a fist. to me it leaves to much room for error and a hurt hand. but everyone there own.
    seen a lot of people on here talk about phoenix eye and the apps they do with it. I'm guessing with proper training it could be applicable same as spear hand, but again i'm just more comfortable with fist and kicks.
    Well now see what I mean. You prefer the fist. Personally, I would never use the pheonix eye whatever. I can kill a man with my spear hand. I have trained it and I like to use it. It can be far more destructive than a fist strike if you use it right. And as for my teacher not teaching me right, or my being rediculous, it would be more appropriate if you would stop with the one liners and actually discuss with some sort of reasoning. If I am wrong I would like to hear a reasonable arguement as to why.
    I could teach you in no time to use the spear hand to where you will hurt no one but your opponent. You can't just shape the hand like a spear and go to stabbing with it. You will break something off in no time at all. This is why you have to train it and strengthen it to that end. Only I don't call it a spear hand. It is not used necessarily as a spear. It is the Dragon Hand or kill hand.

LCP

seriously, if you can't summon the determination and will to thrust your hand into a bucket of broken glass...what makes you think you are up to killing someone????

thats actually the first ive heard of thrusting your hands into glass

martial 'arts' is about killing.
    if you're not ready to kill...take up ballroom dancing.
    if you are ready to kill...then you will train to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    seriously, if you can't summon the determination and will to thrust your hand into a bucket of broken glass...what makes you think you are up to killing someone????
    I have never been foolish enough to shove my hand into broken glass, but I have killed with my hands. And I have killed with my feet. It was not fully intentional, but death was the result none the less.
    I suppose that if one did summon the determination to shove his hand into a bucket full of broken glass he could, but the fact is, flesh and bone will seperate when a sharp shard of glass passes through it. No amount of training is going to prevent that happening.
    You can however train your hands to focus energy in a way that will not let you get hurt unless you get crazy with it. By focus, I am speaking of constant practice until the hand can hold itself stable. Sort of like a sharp pencil. You can hold it against the leg and push down on it, and you can if it remains straight, shove it into your leg. If you were to angle it your force could break it before it pierces the leg. Same principal. The hand learns to hold itself straight and develops the strength to hold it there. But, and it is big But, you have to know just how to form the spear hand so that it can be used safely.

LCP

is it any more foolish to shove your hand in to broken glass than it is to take someone's life?

LCP,

really? You have killed someone with your feet and your hands?

It seems you have become separated from reality.

how about post up some photos of these killing limbs as well as yourself.

I am thinking you cannot as you are just another net troll persona.
    Last edited by Boston Bagua; 12-28-2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

tsk tsk and youd think some peoples parents woudl raise them not to go around killing people with their limbs