Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: incorporating smuggling into your martial arts

incorporating smuggling into your martial arts

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

My Desk-Fu > his Smuggler-Fu

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    you are almost out of the closet big guy.

Smuggling in a punch, right behind a block?

aw i mis read and thought it said snuggling: and expected pics of hot girls D
    speaking of which who else here besides myself is getting to snuggle up regulary with a cute 21 year old russian girl who wears booty shorts and stilettos?

show of hands heehehehehehe

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I get to snuggle often with a cute 27 year old Armenian girl on a regular basis.

Armenian girls>russian girls

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    I get to snuggle often with a cute 27 year old Armenian girl on a regular basis.

Armenian girls>russian girls
    but does she learn how to strip just for you?

goju= win

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Actually, she's taken those stripper exercise classes before.

Fa Xing FTW!

the difference between xia 侠 and dao 盗

1. a thief/smuggler/outlaw

2. xia.

if you do something not for the your own benefit, but for compassion and great goods/cause, in the process, you may lose your profit etc

so you may use your MA for good or for bad. it is upto you.

so a smuggler on a chartered/contracted shipment/transfer of princess L.

--

ending up fighting alone with the rebels against republic

--

so this is a good fictionary example of being a xia.

so incorporate some ethics of a xia into your MA.

Wu Xia novel is all about tales of Xia Ge/shi.

batman is bian fu xia

green hornet is qing feng xia.

---

some people smuggle the weirdest things:
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 12-29-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The only way to smuggle:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well, this thread makes little sense with broken image links...

Time for a little threadjacking ttt. I was about to launch a new thread called 'Smuggler's Blues" but this will do fine. \

Man allegedly tried to sneak 51 live turtles across U.S.-Canada border — in his sweatpants
    By Elahe Izadi September 25

Imagine trying to travel with 51 of these things in your pants! (Taylor Weidman/Getty Images)

Smuggling turtles in your pants? Well, that’s one way to do it.

Federal prosecutors charged a Canadian man with smuggling after he allegedly tried to sneak 51 live turtles, stuffed into his sweatpants, across the border between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, last month. Kai Xu appeared in U.S. federal court Thursday and could face up to 10 years in prison, the Detroit News reported.

Agents with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service received a tip that a box labeled “live fish keep cool” had arrived at a Detroit shipping center last month, according to a federal criminal complaint. Tipped off by U.S. border officials that Kai Xu had entered the country, agents spotted him on Aug. 5 outside the shipping center, where he removed the contents of a box, prosecutors allege in charging documents filed in federal court.

Agents said they then saw Xu go between two trucks with a weighted grocery bag, then emerge without a bag 10 minutes later. That’s when one agent “noticed irregularly shaped bulges under Xu’s sweatpants on both legs,” the complaint alleges.

Border agents stopped him as he crossed into Canada, and they found the turtles, the court document states. “Specifically, Xu had 41 turtles tapped to his legs and 10 hidden between his legs,” Special Agent Kenneth Adams said in the criminal complaint. His quarry included eastern box turtles, red-eared sliders and diamondback terrapins.

Tim Debolski, hired as Xu’s lawyer on Thursday, told the Detroit News that he wanted time to review the evidence. “Everything will come out in due time,” Debolski told the paper.

On Thursday, Xu was named in another criminal compliant involving turtle smuggling. In that one, Xu — referred to as a “known reptile smuggler” — is alleged to have picked up a box of live turtles on Tuesday from a UPS facility. He then headed to a hotel with Lihua Lin. The next day, prosecutors allege, he dropped Lin off at the airport with a suitcase filled with 200 live turtles. Lin was arrested before boarding a plane to China, the complaint reads.

Lin, also Canadian, has been charged with smuggling as well and also appeared in federal court Thursday.

Gavin Shire of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service told the Detroit Free Press that turtle smuggling is generally related to a high demand for the creatures in Asia. “There’s now a burgeoning Asian market,” he said. There’s “a lot of both illegal and unregulated turtle consumption.”

Those turtles can fetch a pretty penny; the Detroit News reported that one species allegedly found in Xu’s pants — the eastern turtle — is worth as much as $800.

“Although this sounds really extreme, we see cases like this across the nation,” U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman Melissa Maraj told the Detroit News. “People use a lot of ingenuity and creativity. Unfortunately, it’s a sign of desperation.”

Xu is an engineering student at the University of Waterloo and originally from China, the Detroit News reported.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

During my time in Taiwan, I'd heard about some German guy who'd been smuggling dragonfish from Singapore back into Taiwan. He was working in cooperation with some Taiwanese gangsters. As I was told, he was going maybe once (or twice?) a month, and the young fish were put in some sort of water-filled tube around his waist under his shirt. The fish had enough oxygen(?) to survive until he could get them through to their final destination. There were corrupt airport personnel/officials(?) who were in on it, and would allow him through without hassle. The fish were bought by rich people for their aquariums.

The guy was described as very arrogant, but he always had a lot of money from his little 'business'. He wasn't particularly liked among the other foreigners, but always had a bunch of Taiwanese women fawning around him. He eventually got caught, though.

We've always referred to spandex bicycle shorts as "plum smugglers".

So, there's that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This thread is short, but covers everything. Like spandex.