Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cellular memory

I merely used the Wikipedia reference because it simply stated the fact that Epoch Times is a 'News' arm of the Falun Gong people.

I could have listed or quoted any number of sources...it is simply that the wikipedia entry was - in this case - basically factual and the most succinct I found in a 30 second google.

Backwhen there were all of the Falu Dafa protests, there were tons of articles that were being bandied about and when you traced them down, the all went back to the single source, Epoch Times.

After reading the Falun Gong book, it became pretty clear to me that Li Hongzhi was/is :

Crazy
    has racial issues
    has sexual issues (very ****phobic)
    Believes in space aliens
    thinks he is the only one with the true method of internal enlightenment

and so on.

Epoch Times is much the same. They mix in one or two reasonable stories with a bunch of crazy cr@p. The seem to generate a kinder gentler wacko than say the Moonies of Sun Myung Moon.

So...buy into this if you wish...but if you do, can I sell you a bridge in Brooklyn too?

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    I merely used the Wikipedia reference because it simply stated the fact that Epoch Times is a 'News' arm of the Falun Gong people.
    no different than any other media news arm of any other organization...
    Backwhen there were all of the Falu Dafa protests, there were tons of articles that were being bandied about and when you traced them down, the all went back to the single source, Epoch Times.
    there are tons of articles from the wall street journal too...
    After reading the Falun Gong book, it became pretty clear to me that Li Hongzhi was/is :

Crazy
    has racial issues
    has sexual issues (very ****phobic)
    Believes in space aliens
    thinks he is the only one with the true method of internal enlightenment
    and how do these perceptions make falun gong any less beneficial?? as long as their are different races, there will be issues, homosexuality goes against the principles of nature in the sense of the act itself does not create life, there are in fact "space aliens" - they have been here way longer than us and have manipulated mankind for thousands of years, and i everyon e has to truly discover their own path to enlightenment... they say that those of sincere presence are percieved as being arrogant.
    Epoch Times is much the same. They mix in one or two reasonable stories with a bunch of crazy cr@p. The seem to generate a kinder gentler wacko than say the Moonies of Sun Myung Moon.
    the same can be said about any american new media outlet aswell... all are half-truths and lies perpetuated to keep the people in a constant state of fear and mindlessness.
    So...buy into this if you wish...but if you do, can I sell you a bridge in Brooklyn too?
    if you buy into the so-called "accepted" mainstream news sources, you have wasted your time and money.

from your post, Uki I can infer that :

You are either a Falun Gong follower - in which case, be a bit honest and state up front that you are. You will get a lot of "Honest" responses to being in with them.

You have never read Li Hingzhi's book or looked into what he is about.

(for example, the aspect that the two Falun gong folks working under him were accused and later found guilty of using their position with Falun Gong to have sex with under age girls who joined the Falun Gong groups.)

Have taken the western propaganda about what Falun Gong is about (granted the PRCs attitude IS propaganda as well - but, the reasons they fell on the bad side of the PRC was that their Falun Gong folks would target people like police, city officials, and low level CCCP members for conversion to the group. The CCCP became worried that such tactics could indicate political aspirations and began to outlaw it. Then, the much talked about instance of the Falun Gong demonstration attended by over 10,000 in Beijing...the group applied for a permit from the government...were denied, then had the event anyway. Were you to do the same thing in the US, there would have been arrests and a possible riot. In China, they took down the names and pictures of the leaders...let the event play out...and then arrested the leaders later. Same result that would have happened in the US...except that the leaders did prison time instead of having to go broke in legal fees and eventually having the case dismissed... oh...unless you talk about the Chicago 7..

You could be simply a contrarian...and take the opposite position on things....

Sorry, but the Falun Gong people are bad news and vacant eyed. They misrepresent themselves. Case in point, there is a Chinese Dance, acrobatics, and such show in Houston. There are free very well done folded full color glossy brochures about it. You go to places where there are Asians and you have them handing out the brochures - like Moonies and Hari Krishna folks.

But, they do not openly tell you that it is put on by Falun Gong. You find out when you dig to find out who the performers are - where the acrobats and dancers came from, trained.... it takes a little while.

Why the misdirection?

Nope.... their doctrine is crazy...their leader is crazy....and they fall right in with the moonies and other annoying types that stand vacant eyed on the streets handing out their literature.

The Christian Science Monitor is an example of a news source that is backed by a religious group...but aside from their reports on Christian Science - they actually do decent reporting in many areas. The Falun Gong folks are not in that league with Epoch Times....they are several notches below the National Enquirer...and inquiring minds should know.

But of course, you will assume that anyone here single sources things...nope....

funny... i knew nothing of epoch times being involved with falun gong until you brought it up... very interesting to say the least and now you are an active critic of the movement... LOL i do not belong to falun dafa, but i do admire the simple fact that an entire government cringes and is deathly afraid of the movements concepts and ideals.