Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I am not assuming anything. I'm sure there are some WCK "schools" that cross-train as a matter of course (I know of some). But that simply isn't the traditional manner of training, Phil.

The actual training you do should BE the actual event. In boxing you spar just like you will box in the ring -- so you are actually practicing doing the target skill itself. Same in wrestling, judo, BJJ, etc. Do you see a similarity? All functional (sport) arts use that same training model.

The simple truth is: If you are NOT already doing it (in practice), you won't be able to do it (on the street or in the cage or in the ring). If you want to be able to deal with someone really trying to knock your head off, then you had better be practicing with someone really trying to knock your head off.
    Have a nice day.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Look at 30 seconds into your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1d1OyedoDE

your reaching hand is extended almost fully. An inch or two in front of you is "minimal", not 80% extended!

***WHAT a complete moron. My arm is already about 60% extended when in the on-guard position, so the block only entails moving out about another 5 inches or so.

God, the more you post the more it becomes clear that you know next-to-nothing about how to use wing chun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    ***WHAT a complete moron. My arm is already about 60% extended when in the on-guard position, so the block only entails moving out about another 5 inches or so.

God, the more you post the more it becomes clear that you know next-to-nothing about how to use wing chun.
    Sure, sure, Victor. You start with your arm 60% extended (already a bad idea) and move out another 5 inches or so. OK, so how long is your arm, btw? Probably around 24 inches. So, 60% of 24 = 14.4, now add 5 inches to that, so we have 19.4 inches, and 19.4 divided by 24 (to getthe percentage) is .80 -- so we have now established that you extended your arm 80%! And what did I estimate you extended your arm? Hmmm, 80%.

So you think only extending your arm 80% is minimal reaching. Do you not grasp that reaching isn't how far your arm moves but how far it ends up away from your body/head (from cover)? Yeah, and I'm the one who knows next to nothing!

You don't know anything, Terence....and I'd be wasting my time to continue this never ending back-and-forth with you.

Final comments on this...

***AND ONCE AGAIN you (Terence) demonstrate that you know hardly anything about how to use wing chun. When even just approaching what you call "in range" you are supposed to ATTACK when using wing chun.

The vid is meant to show how you would respond if he tries to attack first.

Which is why the first vid shows a longer range than the second. Any closer than that first vid's starting position and I will attack. So then people complained that it's not really a hook he's throwing because a good boxer wouldn't start the punch from that distance.

So the PART 2 was made to show how it works at a little closer range. As a wing chun guy you should have recognized the dynamics of what those two vids were meant to cover - but you didn't.

IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW WHY YOU HAVE NEVER (AND WILL NEVER) POST A VID OF YOURSELF DOING WING CHUN.

You don't know anything, Terence....and I'd be wasting my time to continue this never ending back-and-forth with you.
    You're wassting your time since you are wrong and can't open your eyes.

***AND ONCE AGAIN you (Terence) demonstrate that you know hardly anything about how to use wing chun. When even just approaching what you call "in range" you are supposed to ATTACK when using wing chun.
    So? Do you think that just because you are attacking your opponent isn't going to be attacking too? If you are in range and NOT controlling him, he is going to be attacking as well.

The vid is meant to show how you would respond if he tries to attack first.

Which is why the first vid shows a longer range than the second. Any closer than that first vid's starting position and I will attack. So then people complained that it's not really a hook he's throwing because a good boxer wouldn't start the punch from that distance.
    Victor, there is so much wrong with that video -- you really need to go train with some good fighters and get straightened out.

So the PART 2 was made to show how it works at a little closer range. As a wing chun guy you should have recognized the dynamics of what those two vids were meant to cover - but you didn't.
    That's not WCK, that's all fantasy nonsense.

IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW WHY YOU HAVE NEVER (AND WILL NEVER) POST A VID OF YOURSELF DOING WING CHUN.
    Dude, I'll leave the posting of how not to do WCK to guys like you.

If that's the correct WC way to stop a punch coming in, I can see why so many WC guys have trouble applying their WC in full-contact situations.

I'm glad I know "little or nothing" about WC, because I sure wouldn't want to be using techs like that on purpose.