LP: What advice do you have for a young martial artist?

KI: To begin with, researching any compound you are dealing with. I'm working on my book, Towards an Organic Singularity and in the first chapter, you learn how to grow your own. If you have the discipline to be able to break the learning curve on it and produce your own mushrooms, then you're well on your way to be able to deal with them. You don't have to worry about overharvesting [like ayahuasca or ibogaine] or getting them from someone else. You learn how to grow your own so you can get by using something considered a drug by the popular culture.

Espcially with tryptamines, they're all in the same family and very close chemically. Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT. People say mushrooms aren't DMT but when it phosphorylates in your gut, it's DMT, an ingestible form to be utilized by your body and independent of all the other things you have to encounter.

The thing about mushrooms is that you get one spore print or one cap from a cow paddy and you never have to buy another spore or mushroom again. You can perpetuate that into a lifetime of entheogenic use. If you want to explore with MAOIs or chocolate, blend it into smoothies, put them in brownies; put it on two pieces of bread with peanut butter, and if you get the proper dose, it's going to deliver.

I'm not of the school of thought that mushrooms is a medicine and is for healing. Of course, it can heal, can give you smoking cessation, can help you with dying, but that's not the purpose of psilocybin. It's a tool for exploration for novel states of consciousness. You strap on your exploration suit and you're sitting on the deck of the Enterprise and ready to go boldly where no one has gone before. That's what its about and that what it's for.

Because we're approaching a crucial point for human beings—we can engineer ourselves and make a machine that has the capability to be much more, of breaking into the human levels of knowledge of information. Either we have created our next level which will make us obsolete or we get to the point where we can merge with those machines and be part machine and part organic or take the enthogens and reach the DNA set code and become the next level of humans.

Let's go in and see what we can do to become more then what we are now.

LP: What advice do you have for crafting set and setting for these heroic doses?

KI: The classics, a safe environment; I choose the bedroom for the deep hauls into the multiverse. Take all sharp objects out of the room. No candles, fire can be very seductive. You don't want to knock one over in a middle of session.

You also want to be in a good safe mindset. You don't want to just have had a fight with your wife. You want to keep your mind as clear and focused on what you're trying to do as possible.

The walks in the woods or the ocean is for the low dose. But for the high doses, for those type of things, you want a safe environment and the right type of mindset on your head.

For the new folk, what I always say since I've been crowned the high-dose guy, is to start low and work up incrementally. It's not a race. It's not an ego trip to see who can do the most. It's a true journey to understand what this thing is as far as the human spirt or soul – where it's at and where it's going.

LP: What challenging encounters have you seen?

KI: One of the most challenging areas is the realization of the aloneness. The realization of the darkness, no light. The realization that those are constructs of the conciouness. Once you lose the primal consciousness and move into that primal darkness that's so dark it has no black to it. That's one of the hardest things.

LP: Where has that journey taken you now as an activist and teacher?

KI: I'm moving onto the lecture circuit to share that this is a valid area of exploration. They say, Well, he's a martial artist – what's he doing talking about drug things? I'm trying to help the greater community and the martial arts community and the entheogenic community and have them look at what they're doing and what they're trying to box these drugs into.

LP: Do you get pushback from these communities for these unconventional views?

KI: Some think I'm crazy. Some think I'm just a druggy. Some say, He thinks he has magic powers because of the drugs. But now I'm getting invited to conferences and people are watching my Youtube videos. At Breaking Convention 2013, there's a lot of luminaries there with maybe 500 or 1200 views, and I'm not saying this out of ego, but I have more than 10,000 [for the talk, "High-Dose (31 Grams) Psilocybin Mushrooms Ayahuasca DMT LSD Transdimensional Hyperspace"]. This guy that they stuck at 10am the morning after the big party still has the most views. People look at that and realized that they need him to come to our conference. All of this might sound kind of far-fetched, but people are listening.

Lex Pelger is a writer, scientist and Shulginist. Read his work at lexpelger.com.
Iyi needs to watch this: