Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the magic of mushrooms

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    If you haven't ever driven and you haven't ever been drunk (neither one) then you saying "drunk driving is dangerous" is merely a recitation of a fact without a real first-hand understanding of why.
    so those people that end up dead from someone slamming into there car from a drunk driver they didn't think it was "dangerous" either and they didn't know anything about it either so I guess that counts them out. Your logic is flawed on that one sir.

My opinion is why would you want to "pollute" your body with things like that? "tripping" to get something on a higher level when all you need is just to train to achieve this doesn't make sense to me. Everyone there own, if you wanna destroy your body so be it.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    You obviously didn't read my first post on this thread. I am not the slightest bit interested in the notion of doing entheogens and training for the sake of training.

The training can be extremely useful in the context of entheogen use, but it has nothing to do with furthering the training. It's about making the most of the experience within the context of the experience.

People who make the broad pronouncements you do only tell everyone that they haven't had the experience and thus are not qualified to discuss the experience in detail. It's like someone talking about the dangers of driving whose never been behind the wheel themselves.
    Nope I read your post quite clearly and you were taking the position of advocate for the sake of starting an argument as is your M.O.

Now you're back peddling out of that and continuing to deflect.

also you're M.O.

so, there's no point in even arguing with you, I was pointing out my own opinion on the matter and you took issue, created a strawman that didn't exist and then started to argue about it in caps.

whatever man.

yes, drugs can make you freak out and have retard strength.
    so what, it's false and fleeting and in the end you gain nothing.

I am of the position that the experience in context to martial arts as a learning tool is useless and non-productive.

But by all means, bring up some other unrelated things and start throwing it around and killing it in your attempt to win the argument! lol
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 03-30-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

oh gene...

i never said i was bringing something new and uncharted to the world of martial arts, i was merely asking what anyone has to say about the concept of eating shrooms and the relation to ones martial arts practice... LOL... it's not like i dropped a sheet of acid or ate a 1/4 of shrooms, i simply ate a few stems to get just out of normality - total functionability, only heightened perceptions. i was able to go full force, in a playful manner for nearly two hourse non-stop on the heavy bag, without pads, without wraps, and in a complete zone of flow... not one missed beat, not one missed strike, kick, elbow, forearm, wrist, backhand, or headbutt... it was truly amazing. so... can anyone else relate to training while actually on mushrooms or does everyone simply have an uneducated guess??

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

yes, drugs can make you freak out and have retard strength.
    so what, it's false and fleeting and in the end you gain nothing.

I am of the position that the experience in context to martial arts as a learning tool is useless and non-productive.
    Enjoy your certainty. Have a nice day.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Enjoy your certainty. Have a nice day.
    I do enjoy certainty. And I will have a nice day!

thanks!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hi uki,

The real challenge is in trying to recreate the mushroom experience with your meditative skills. You see, the mooshies didn't get you in that zone; it just caused your brain to trigger the juice that was always up there, forever waiting to take you "there".

The aforementioned is the REAL KEY to both meditative and martial practices: THE BRAIN. Yet in books like the DMT Spirit Molecule and Inner Paths to Future Realms Now, the emphasis is on the use of psychadelics to alter the mental state. The LSD stuff popped up in the '60's when we were on the verge of a beautiful transformative consciousness and its use undermined its success. Fast forward to today and we have the same type of spiritual convergence going on. And, lo and behold, we have the reappearance of psychadelics and the spiritual benefits they offer.

People who can use their brain to trigger optimal conditions where peak experiences can be experienced are a real enema (spelling intended) to drug dealers and their masters who really want to keep sleeping long enough to place new control mechanisms in for you.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 03-30-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    People who can use their brain to trigger optimal conditions where peak experiences can be experienced are a real enema (spelling intended) to drug dealers and their masters who really want to keep sleeping long enough to place new control mechanisms in for you.
    i hardly find that consuming magic mushrooms amounts to using the terms "drug dealer" and "masters"... mushrooms were here first and then people... according to your line of perception, people should shun medical herbs which stimulate healing simply because our immune system should be good enough... LOL

eating magic mushrooms one or two times per season hardly amounts to being controlled by them... do people who drink daily tea classify as being a victim of a control mechanism?? how about people who practice qigong daily, got addiction?? wait... how about people who like to read and expand their horizons and perceptions?? why should they read a book? according to your logic, reading a book is useless to a supreme being, yes or no?

Hi uki,

A supreme being is the book and then some.

I don't shun herbs at all. It is that when it comes to the mind altering stuff, people tend to think that the "stuff" did it when it really was their brain at work. The same can be said for herbs as well.

Are you familiar with radionics?

mickey

oh uki...

So you're just trying to out other trippers here with this?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lol @ gene
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I did security at a rehab center when I was younger.
    I saw first hand the results of drug use.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i hardly find that consuming magic mushrooms amounts to using the terms "drug dealer" and "masters"... mushrooms were here first and then people... according to your line of perception, people should shun medical herbs which stimulate healing simply because our immune system should be good enough... LOL

eating magic mushrooms one or two times per season hardly amounts to being controlled by them... do people who drink daily tea classify as being a victim of a control mechanism?? how about people who practice qigong daily, got addiction?? wait... how about people who like to read and expand their horizons and perceptions?? why should they read a book? according to your logic, reading a book is useless to a supreme being, yes or no?
    apparently you have a cognitive break occurring inasmuch as you can't tell the difference between mothers milk and whisky. At least according to that last paragraph. lol

well at least you're not creating artificial constructs and projecting them onto others like the roid strawman there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

well at least you're not creating artificial constructs and projecting them onto others like the roid strawman there.
    You know.. I've never been to China. Never set foot there. I've seen some pictures, some videos. Read books and articles about it.

I've known some people who went to China.

Still.. I haven't been myself. I haven't spent months or years living there. So while I hear that and read.. certain things are factually true regarding China.. I don't have the benefit of first hand experience.

Same with Asia. Never been to Thailand. People say Thailand and China are quite different.. even though they are both Asian countries.

I will probably wait till I've been to China before I talk too much about it like an expert. I'll stick to "I hear that" or "I read that.." till then.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi uki,

The real challenge is in trying to recreate the mushroom experience with your meditative skills.
    5-7 dried grams. Alone. In Silence. In the Dark.

Reproduce that with meditation.. I beg you.
    Last edited by dimethylsea; 03-30-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    -Bi Tianzou -

You know.. I've never been to China. Never set foot there. I've seen some pictures, some videos. Read books and articles about it.

I've known some people who went to China.

Still.. I haven't been myself. I haven't spent months or years living there. So while I hear that and read.. certain things are factually true regarding China.. I don't have the benefit of first hand experience.

Same with Asia. Never been to Thailand. People say Thailand and China are quite different.. even though they are both Asian countries.

I will probably wait till I've been to China before I talk too much about it like an expert. I'll stick to "I hear that" or "I read that.." till then.
    Without stirring abroad, One can know the whole world; Without looking out of the window One can see the way of heaven. The further one goes The less one knows. -Lao Tzu
    Kung Fu is good for you.