Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the magic of mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    5-7 dried grams. Alone. In Silence. In the Dark.

Reproduce that with meditation.. I beg you.
    What and odd thing to beg of another...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've gone toe-to-toe with countless people who are tripping, certainly more than everyone else has on this forum combined. I've discussed it a little on this forum, but if you need a refresher, check out my initial Shaolin Trips installment: Episode One: Open Two Doors. And it's true, trippers can have heightening sensory and physical abilities. Sometimes it's really amazing what some one on acid can do.

But people on drugs also fall prey to delusion. You don't know how many people we've taken down because they were just too distracted to focus on multiple opponents, or because they were chasing some psychedelic will-o-wisp. I'll never forget when a tripper tried to give one of my partners a death touch. It was hysterical. He yelled 'die!' with such conviction. He was also a scrawny little dude, smaller than me, and my partner was a professional prison psych nurse that stood about 6' 1". Talk about your delusions.

I think I've recommended Zig Zag Zen to your before, uki. The conclusion of most of the essays is the same - practitioners who indulge in psychedelics often progress faster at first, but then they plateau and never reach advanced levels. That stands to reason. If you're used to dropping acid to get your results, then you will lack the discipline necessary to get to the next levels and you will have little left when the drugs wear off.

Throughout history, the Chinese, particularly the Daoists and TCM people, have done extensive research in psychedelics, especially mushrooms. Think about it. What culture eats more mushrooms than the Chinese? Some think that the mushroom of longevity was actually a metaphor for psychedelics. I could see that. Daoists did extensive research trying to find the external dan, which was essentially the philosopher's stone (same dan as in dantian). But they abandoned that for internal dan (qigong practices). They concluded that most external dan led to poisons of the mind. That was centuries ago. uki, if you think you're charting something new with psychedelic mushrooms and martial arts, you're deluded. Do your research. You'll find there are many who have traveled that road before with lackluster results.
    ahh..what do you know. You do TaiJi with Bikers.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    wtfpwnd!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    hey, aren't you a taiji biker?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i thought we determined all cma guys are.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

yes, bikers who play guitars and can paint or draw.

these are all part and parcel to being the whole man.

the final component of manhood, or when a man becomes a real man is when his child pukes down the back of his best shirt and he doesn't care!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

the final component of manhood, or when a man becomes a real man is when his child pukes down the back of his best shirt and he doesn't care!
    lol. im a ways off from being a real man then, i have yet to breed any offspring. but of course if you knew me....you'd know thats probably for the best.

What and odd thing to beg of another...
    Reproducing that those effects using only meditation?

It's odd to the point of being virtually impossible.

Very few people have done heroic (5-7 dried gram) doses in silence, alone, in the dark.

It's a chastening experience to say the least.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Haaaaaaaa

Actually, it's been a long time since I've done taiji and it's been years since I've seen my HA buddy Fuki.

Here's a psychedelic real life combat situation that might liven up this thread. Our team had to restrain an IPR (the P.C. term for tripper, an acronym for intense psychedelic reaction). We prefer to do physical restraint over mechanical (soft restraints, not cuffs) when we have the manpower. The IPR was really wet from sweat and as it was discovered later, urine. He kept getting higher and the restraint crew was getting this intense contact high. Then it was noticed that he urinated on himself *and* he had a sheet of LSD in his pocket. Now, for those of you who don't know, LSD is liquid soluble, so everyone got dosed. Ever since, we check wet IPRs to make sure a similar incident doesn't occur.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

See I don't have kids.. so I don't talk about how fatherhood is.

I just don't like the idea of re-arranging my life to suit someone else like that.. nor do I like the idea of being derelict in duty and saying "to h*ll with you" to the kid. So I avoid fatherhood.

Seeing as it's not something I'm experienced with.. all I can say (really) is secondhand and, of course, that I'm not interested in it personally.

See my point?
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha @ gene

yes it was that funny

I got a million of them, Lucas

Like I said, "I've gone toe-to-toe with countless people who are tripping, certainly more than everyone else has on this forum combined." That's why I have such an odd perspective on street fighting.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

what promted you to get into that line of work?

Actually, it's been a long time since I've done taiji and it's been years since I've seen my HA buddy Fuki.

Here's a psychedelic real life combat situation that might liven up this thread. Our team had to restrain an IPR (the P.C. term for tripper, an acronym for intense psychedelic reaction). We prefer to do physical restraint over mechanical (soft restraints, not cuffs) when we have the manpower. The IPR was really wet from sweat and as it was discovered later, urine. He kept getting higher and the restraint crew was getting this intense contact high. Then it was noticed that he urinated on himself *and* he had a sheet of LSD in his pocket. Now, for those of you who don't know, LSD is liquid soluble, so everyone got dosed. Ever since, we check wet IPRs to make sure a similar incident doesn't occur.
    oh man.

now that's messed up. But a valuable lesson was learned.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So you're just trying to out other trippers here with this?
    LOL... just drawing the line in the sand to see who can cross it... obviously you are able - they say there are two types of beings in this world, those who have tripped and those who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I did security at a rehab center when I was younger.
    I saw first hand the results of drug use.
    more uneducatedness... mushrooms are hardly comparable to crack, heroin, pills, or meth... those things destroy lives, mushrooms enhance life. so tell me... how many mushroom addicts were in rehab?? just mushrooms... any?? i think not.

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    5-7 dried grams. Alone. In Silence. In the Dark.

Reproduce that with meditation.. I beg you.
    LOL... that's the ticker right there... it cannot be done... only someone inexperienced in mushroom consumption can make this ridiculous comparison... the chemicals in the psilocybe mushrooms cannot, at this state of human evolution, be synthesized in the human body... dmt and psilocybin are two entirely different chemical compounds.

Like I said, "I've gone toe-to-toe with countless people who are tripping, certainly more than everyone else has on this forum combined." That's why I have such an odd perspective on street fighting.
    have you ever eaten magic mushrooms and then done two hours of bagwork anywhere in your awesome life of psychadelic experiences?? have you ever eaten mushrooms and then gone and done any form work?? have you ever eaten mushrooms and done anything remotely martial art related?? this is not about who has tripped more or who has been urinated on by the most trippers, it's about who has a genuine, first hand experience in injesting magic mushrooms soley for the purpose of training on them - have you??

and to further stamp the psychadelic experience of people we may know and inter-react with on a daily basis... my boss who is one of the most reputed stone masons in the area, has injected LSD when he was younger... now that's harder-core than most everyone on the forum combined.

Last edited by uki; 03-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.