Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: the magic of mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    ok, speaking of "illicit" substances, we are about to leave the hotel and go out into the streets of Amsterdam...
    ironic that the so called "illict" substances in the "land of the free" are legal in other countries... this place is a ****ing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    wait a second. arent all of us using martial arts as a crutch? OMG IM AN ADDICT!!
    lol... people make such asinine comments when they are ignorant of the topic at hand... nice work pointing out some obvious overlooked facts by our less informed members here... i think i am addicted to air also.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Anything that is a crutch, is a crutch.
    when ur leg is broke, u need the crutch until it gets better; some people "need" their system augmented in a certain way in order to get to where they "need" to be; as far as addiction, some use chemicals, others use needles - and in this case I mean acupuncture needles - there is a whole syndrome of acupuncture addiction that is well-documented in China!

my point is that, if one uses a crutch when appropriate, it's a "good" thing; when one no longer "needs" it, then using it is a "bad" thing; MOST people know when to stop using the crutch (or at least when told by their doc when they are allowed full-weight bearing); however, some find that, for whatever reason, they don't want to get back to "normal" and use their crutch - real or metaphorical, to beat others over the head with; for example, many patients I have treated who have fibromyalgia / chronic myofascial pain, when I would treat them too aggressively, they would get upset - not because they hurt worse, but because they stopped hurting altogether (meaning they would walk out of the office pretty much without any complaints) - and they then felt completely at a loss! - they no longer had their pain as an excuse for pretty much everything: couldn't hold their families at bay, beg off work, etc. bec. of pain - in other words, they no longer had the power of their crutch! so they would find a way to fair themselves up or just stop coming or find new things to complain about - you name it, they did it!

so if someone uses a crutch "inappropriately", the trick is how to ween them off of it in a way that they can handle without totally falling to pieces - that is, if they sincerely do want to get rid of it...and when they do, it's not so hard, really - I've been lucky enough to work with a number of clients with long-standing unresolved pain that really DO want to get better - and this is a lot of fun actually, because if you have the right tools, you can really create an amazing positive impact along with them!

I think that there should be a similar "profession" of mushroom managers - I nominate Uki for Head of the Order...

i second that
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "Reality is just a crutch for people who can't deal with drugs."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "Reality is just a crutch for people who can't deal with drugs."
    hahaha!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

real men are not afraid to face their souls... eat some mushrooms and become a real man... LOL... all these big tough martial arts guys are afraid of a simple little mushroom - amazing.

I like when people try to validate their drug use. Sort of like when I try to validate my excessive coffee drinking.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I like when people try to validate their drug use. Sort of like when I try to validate my excessive drug use.
    fixed that for you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    fixed that for you.
    hahahahaha!!! i wonder if the law was to legalize all these so called "illict" substances if they would then be accepted by the simpleton minds?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    fixed that for you.
    And that's absolutely true. However, the effects of caffeine are remarkably less intense than most other drugs. Does it justify my excessive intake of it? Of course not. However, it doesn't cause me to hallucinate, impair my judgment, or negatively affect my ability to use machinery. And it always comes in coffee form. I don't do caffeine pills or "energy" drinks.

Did you know they have started talking about allowing Soldiers to drink downrange? Problem is, without alcohol, Soldiers are self-medicating from prescription drugs. It's easy. Just go to sick call, say you are upset and sad, and you get drugs.

I'm not a holier than thou person as much as you might think, but I simply feel it's unnecessary, and many do not think about the long term ramifications of their actions. I do fall into that category.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    hahahahaha!!! i wonder if the law was to legalize all these so called "illict" substances if they would then be accepted by the simpleton minds?? LOL
    Actualy, I told my chain of command that if they ever illegalized coffee, I'd be the biggest drug runner on the border.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    when ur leg is broke, u need the crutch until it gets better; some people "need" their system augmented in a certain way in order to get to where they "need" to be; as far as addiction, some use chemicals, others use needles - and in this case I mean acupuncture needles - there is a whole syndrome of acupuncture addiction that is well-documented in China!

my point is that, if one uses a crutch when appropriate, it's a "good" thing; when one no longer "needs" it, then using it is a "bad" thing; MOST people know when to stop using the crutch (or at least when told by their doc when they are allowed full-weight bearing); however, some find that, for whatever reason, they don't want to get back to "normal" and use their crutch - real or metaphorical, to beat others over the head with; for example, many patients I have treated who have fibromyalgia / chronic myofascial pain, when I would treat them too aggressively, they would get upset - not because they hurt worse, but because they stopped hurting altogether (meaning they would walk out of the office pretty much without any complaints) - and they then felt completely at a loss! - they no longer had their pain as an excuse for pretty much everything: couldn't hold their families at bay, beg off work, etc. bec. of pain - in other words, they no longer had the power of their crutch! so they would find a way to fair themselves up or just stop coming or find new things to complain about - you name it, they did it!

so if someone uses a crutch "inappropriately", the trick is how to ween them off of it in a way that they can handle without totally falling to pieces - that is, if they sincerely do want to get rid of it...and when they do, it's not so hard, really - I've been lucky enough to work with a number of clients with long-standing unresolved pain that really DO want to get better - and this is a lot of fun actually, because if you have the right tools, you can really create an amazing positive impact along with them!

I think that there should be a similar "profession" of mushroom managers - I nominate Uki for Head of the Order...
    Fine, since I need to make it specific:
    Using anything other than your natural abilities and skills to augment ANY part of your MA means you are depending on something other than yourself to be effective.
    A no-no in my book.
    I have known too many juice bags and coke heads in the MA to see what that does to people's brains and how useless they are when they get off it.
    Its a mind **** that I don't wish on anyone.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And that's absolutely true. However, the effects of caffeine are remarkably less intense than most other drugs. Does it justify my excessive intake of it? Of course not. However, it doesn't cause me to hallucinate, impair my judgment, or negatively affect my ability to use machinery. And it always comes in coffee form. I don't do caffeine pills or "energy" drinks.

Did you know they have started talking about allowing Soldiers to drink downrange? Problem is, without alcohol, Soldiers are self-medicating from prescription drugs. It's easy. Just go to sick call, say you are upset and sad, and you get drugs.

I'm not a holier than thou person as much as you might think, but I simply feel it's unnecessary, and many do not think about the long term ramifications of their actions. I do fall into that category.
    I understand the problems with drug addiction and also the problems with frequent recreational use. Quite often it is confused by legality. Poeple are all too willing to drop valium for instance because their doctor presecribes it to them and it's legal.

It is a billion times worse than them smoking marajuana.

We have a lot of screwy laws that are seemingly in place to keep criminal organizations rich or something.

Frankly, in this day and age I am baffled about the restrictions on drugs in North America. We look kinds prudish, puritan and backwards on many levels.

But I guess if gangland is running the world (and I suspect it is), then we won't see proper narcotics laws or the end of any number of various and ballyhooed yet slightly retarded wars on drugs etc.

We can be remarkably stupid creatures, from both ends of teh candle really.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

drugs r bad just say no

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    drugs r bad just say no
    No

ok, so, what happens?