Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: the magic of mushrooms

u getz no candies~
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    real men are not afraid to face their souls... eat some mushrooms and become a real man... LOL... all these big tough martial arts guys are afraid of a simple little mushroom - amazing.
    fair enough; though I'd also say come "face your soul" by sittting on the cushion ~10 hrs a day for a week @ a Ch'an retreat w/the monks and the little old Chinese ladies who can do full lotus for an hour straight and not move a muscle; festivities also include 100 full-body prostrations at 4:30 AM, a vow of silence the entire time (including during group meals where you have to learn a variety of hand signals in order to indicate what you want to eat), and private interview w/some fierce-asz monk who shows you your shiite straight out

<sigh> - haven't been in a few years since the offspring arrived...good times, good times...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    fair enough; though I'd also say come "face your soul" by sittting on the cushion ~10 hrs a day for a week @ a Ch'an retreat w/the monks and the little old Chinese ladies who can do full lotus for an hour straight and not move a muscle; festivities also include 100 full-body prostrations at 4:30 AM, a vow of silence the entire time (including during group meals where you have to learn a variety of hand signals in order to indicate what you want to eat), and private interview w/some fierce-asz monk who shows you your shiite straight out

<sigh> - haven't been in a few years since the offspring arrived...good times, good times...
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

also

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thanks man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    festivities also include 100 full-body prostrations at 4:30 AM,Is that with those kinky Chinese ladies? Is there a Happy Ending with that? a vow of silence the entire time What goes on in the Temple, stays in the Temple and private interview w/some fierce-asz monk who shows you your shiite straight out again, What goes on in the Temple... <sigh> -..good times, good times... some people should be on drugs...

"My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    real men are not afraid to face their souls... eat some mushrooms and become a real man... LOL...
    and eating a drug will make you face your own soul?? Sorry man don't get you on this one. Really have no desire to 'lubricate' my mind. If I can't get it the "old fashioned" way then i don't want it. you have every right to do to your body what you see fit. Just not my cup of tea. Many, many other path to travel to face myself, other than going down a road filled with false expectations, to achieve soul searching enlightenment.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I don't believe in a soul so that dashes that idea for me. But I am fully cognizant of the concept of being aware of the self. The mind. You can have a look at mind in infinite ways from infinite perspectives of understanding.

What's really important in my book is how you decide to act and live your life.
    Your deeds, your compassion and your self respect. These are real and measurable things. If one did believe in a soul, I would think it is these things that would reveal it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Never big on hallucinagens, but I could see where one could learn from a trip. My experience is it was six hours of ego high followed by six hours of ego descent. Definitely interesting to see how chemical both states really are.

whoa!!!

ןoן ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ pǝʇɔǝɟɟɐ sɐɥ snƃunɟ ʎuunɟ ǝɥʇ ʞuıɥʇ ı

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    apparently
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

also

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    that's about what I felt like around the third day, lol...

that's about what I felt like around the third day, lol...
    i am sure jesus was laughing his ****ing a$$ off aswell.

Slightly OT

This was the longest mushroom thread here

Giant Mushroom Over 100cm Wide Found in China, Reactions
    by Tony Flannery on Sunday, January 11, 2015

A giant mushroom found in Hezhou, Guangxi, China.

From NetEase:
    Hezhou, Guangxi: A Giant Wild Lingzhi Mushroom Appears, 107 cm in Diameter and Weighing 7 Kilos

HEZHOU, Guangxi (January 5, 2015) — Wei Fangning, manager of a local specialties shop, in his shop showing off the gigantic wild red mushroom. This Lingzhi is oval-shaped, 107cm in diameter at its widest point, and weighs 7.45 kilos.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It is understandable how people react. As with all things such as this, there are things neither "side" wants to accept.
    None the less:
    Name:  shrooms-brain-networks (1).jpg
Views: 304
Size:  38.8 KB
    This is the deal. "Why"
    As to the real science of them and the body, I suppose there are many antibiotics, anti cancer agents, detoxifiers and organ benefitters that one would have many options.

Here is the article from BI:http://www.businessinsider.com/how-b...hrooms-2014-10
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Slighty OT

...or maybe not. WTF is that?

LOOK: Sichuan fisherman hauls up a mysterious monster from the deep

A villager from Sichuan province, out fishing in the wild waters near Chengdu, hauled up a very strange thing on Tuesday. It is yellow in color, weighs 6.5kg, its body is 30-40cm wide, there is a long root/tail attached to the body and it is covered in black barnacles.

As of yet, we cannot be sure what the thing actually is, whether it is indeed a carbon-based life form, living or dead, organic or synthetic. The fisherman believes it may be the rare "Taisui" lingzhi mushroom, used in Chinese medicine and also in art as a symbol of longevity. We happen to know that before you declare something to be a mythical mushroom, you had better run a few tests first. In 2012 a Xi'an TV news reporter mistakenly introduced viewers to the fungus which actually turned out to be a sex toy.

The Compendium of Materia Medica, written by Li Shizhen during the Ming dynasty, lists the medicinal qualities of the lingzhi mushroom. The lingzhi was later eaten by Qing dynasty emperors, who believed it would prolong their life and bring great fortune to their dynasty.

Legend has it that Qin Shi Huang, the first Qin emperor who united China in 221 BC and later made himself some pretty neat Terracotta Warriors, greatly feared death and sought to discover the elixir of life. He tried out many medicines searching for immortality including lingzhi. Supposedly his quest for eternal life caught up with him and he died of mercury poisoning, given to him by his court alchemists and physicians.

If the monster from the deep does turn out to be a 6.5kg lingzhi mushroom then it could bring a handsome profit to the fisherman. There are many, like the ancient Qin emperor, who believe strongly in Chinese medicine. A variety of capsules, liquid extracts and slices of the dried mushroom can be purchased easily online if you want to try your hand at attaining some immortality.

by Daniel Cunningham
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Shanghaiist in News on Oct 1, 2015 5:30 PM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kilindi Iyi

The Hidden Psychedelic History of Martial Arts
    Kilindi Iyi shares his knowledge of magic and martial arts.
    By Lex Pelger / AlterNet
    October 16, 2015

Kilindi Iyi towers above the other speakers at the psychedelic conferences he attends around the world. One of the most renowned African Americans in the psychedelic field, his background in martial arts, imposing frame and booming voice make him a unique and electrifying speaker on the lecture circuit. His psychedelic storytelling at the last Psymposia conference electrified the crowd and his lecture at the Breaking Convention on taking high doses of mushrooms racked up some of its largest number of online viewers. His message resonates with explorers interested in psychedelics because he stresses their importance as a tool for self-exploration.

As the head instructor and technical adviser of the Tamerrian Martial Art Institute, his lifelong dedication to martial arts led him to explore their origins and the surprising presence of entheogenic mixtures at the founding of many schools of martial arts. Iyi has traveled the world to learn more from other practitioners, and here he shares a little of what he has learned. The interview has been lightly edited for clarity and length.

Lex Pelger: How did you move into this kind of work?

Kilindi Iyi: Through my study of traditional martial arts, I tried to get a better understanding of the origins and through that search, it brought me to different areas of what was utilized to enhance not only the physical but the spiritual areas of the fighting arts. All traditional martial arts have power plants – or entheogens – to go along with them at their higher levels.

In Africa [there are] many different compounds, potions, lotions – but each guild, each particular master or sorcerer or whatever you wanted to term them, had their own formula. The formula might contain a lot of ingredients that weren't hallucinogenic but when I was investigating, I found that many of them contained mushrooms. And others, of course — datura, echinacea, the old-world MAIOs like Syrian Rue. That's what actually led me to making a push to help people understand their relationship to not only martial arts but also outside it. Basically, through the warriors' path.

LP: Which traditions had strongest evidence of mushroom use?

KI: West African places like Nigeria, South Africa, East Africa. There's not a lot of written evidence but the guilds still have all the potions. Africa has been one of the most overlooked areas of the world as far as hallucinogen use and up until the late '90s, they said that Africa was sparse in hallucinogenic compounds. Then only to turn around to find the oldest evidence of human mushroom use in Africa along with other compounds that are widespread in the various healing rituals, age initiations, dealings with apprentices and use by particular people of power. A very old and developed system still in use today.

LP: So to find out, you have to go and talk to the people?

KI: The researchers been delving deeply into ayahuasca in South America but they neglected to do any research on the African continent and since they never asked Africans what they use, no one is going to come out of the guild and say, “Hey, we do mushrooms!” They have very ancient traditions with plants and mushrooms that seems to be older than in Mesopotamia, Persia, Hindu Kush – and on the African continent proper – using the technology of MAIOs, particularly Syrian Rue which is at certain doses is hallucinogenic.

LP: So you dug into ancient magic?

KI: I've always been interested in magic and martial arts. Once I found out what they did to explore and that brought them the knowledge and information and that it was here and readily available to partake in, then it became not only my duty but my obsession to understand what went on and so I could reproduce the same types of things that were done.

LP: What things to reproduce?

KI: My things were basically martial. Each vocation has its own way of expressing something such as a musican who brings back music that's never been heard. I think that's one of the things Jimi Hendrix was talking about in the UK. He said that he was going to bring back to the US music that had never been heard before, but he died soon after.

Martially, we can still do the things that were done in the olden days— Hercules, Samson, Nimrod, Arjuna, Achilles— martial arts at the level of the heroes of old. Of course, it may not be legally sanctioned to kill 1,000 people—whether they be Philistines or not— but to have an understanding of how these things were done, to recreate the ability for that type of skill or that type of knowledge.

LP: So you've seen things that defy conventional wisdom on martial arts and what can be done with the body?

KI: Look at the things coming out of China in the last 10 years, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon stuff—jumping to top of trees, running on blades of grass. If you look at Hero or Jet Li, where the two fighters were in close proximity and under the influence of entheogens, they fought at a higher level of consciousness and their battle continued into the hyper-dimensional realms. Many times that's how battles were fought. You go to the higher realms where a being can come out of your hand or you can jump to the top of the roof, those things were acknowledged in the physical realm.

LP: What's it like for you in the modern martial arts movement to be sharing these views?

KI: What I'm working on, I can't physically put it on anybody but I've had my chances in real-life real-time I would have thought impossible that I could've done, that in my belief, in my understanding, that came out of the entheogenic training that served me in the physical realms. Be it guns or knives or police abuse or whatever way you like to look at it, it served me in the modern world.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips