Thread: racism in china...

racism in china...

are we really that surprised...if this is a repost im sorry. i wanna hear what everyone thinks of this... also i want to say that im sorry but china's pop stars are so tone deaf....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-lZ8OWL6Tw

There is racism in every country. Nothing new.

doug, my brother,

Aren't WE supposed to wait until the month of February to post and link stuff like this throughout the internet? YOU are gonna have to learn to STAY in your own place and MAINTAIN!!! (doug, before you go completely off reread while imagining it come from a fat man in breeches, sitting down and holding a half drank jug of moonshine, sounding like Adolph Ceasar).

Seriously,

That she came that far in the competition says a lot of positive things about China. Being called a "Black Pearl" is a bit affectionate in my book and actually suggested a bias towards the contestant rather than against her.

There will always be people out there with serious ills just waiting to be expressed.

mickey

More,

Back in @1987 the was a Miss Columbia USA competition held here in NYC. It was televised on a Latino UHF channel. Well, I decided to watch it. There was this fantastic looking sister who was simply flatlining the competition; her name was Claudia Marseilles Fonnegro. The audience was going crazy over her. And the host appeared to be "moved" as well. When she got down to the final five, the judges started looking at each other-- it was more like the female judges started looking really hard at the male judges. I knew then that something was up. The sister made it to the final two and lost. I knew it was wrong and so did the audience. Ms Fonnegro handled the loss well and became a true champion by doing so; so much so, that I still remember her name. The winner did not even go through the question and answer round well. Additionally her thighs were so cellulited that you could actually see tiny astronauts jumping around on them.

Was it racisim? I think so. But given the audience response, it was not everybody.

mickey

Several things here:

It looks as if she grew up in an atypical Chinese family.....a lot more affluent than most. Nice clothes, nice car, nice house....stuff like that does make a difference. One wonders how she would have been treated without it.

Also, I think there are a lot of Chinese who would vote for her on some sort of reality show but when it came to her dating their son..........

Talent wise: I only heard a few seconds of her singing but it didn't sound very good! Also girl needs to tone up those legs.
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 12-31-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Also stuff like "Black Pearl" and "Chocolate Drop" doesn't really bother me.

I don't think it was done with malice. Could be she was the first black person that emcee had ever seen.

Of course in this country the neo teabaggers have told us that you're not even suppose to know your heritage or race. Everyone is suppose to be "Color blind".

yea agree with all comments, chocolate drop, black pearl, not racist or offensive at all.but people telling her she shouldnt have been born, and to leave her own country, super racist.