Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is not changing?

in engineering, they say that simplicity is the sign of a solid design.

same with communication. if you wish to convey your ideas, you need to explain them is simpler ways. when i read your post, i find that you could actually say things in fewer sentences, and that you could actually do away with using certain terminology.

sorry, its just a pet peeve of mine when people get more wordy then necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    in engineering, they say that simplicity is the sign of a solid design.

same with communication. if you wish to convey your ideas, you need to explain them is simpler ways. when i read your post, i find that you could actually say things in fewer sentences, and that you could actually do away with using certain terminology.

sorry, its just a pet peeve of mine when people get more wordy then necessary.

The successful process of cultivation in the past thousand of years in China are:

Transform the essence to Qi
    Transform the Qi to Shen
    Return the Shen to Silence.

Either one follow it or not that is one's choice. I will not go for some one's smart ideas but follow the above process where others have tested for thousand of years.

2, You are right when you can play "GOD" to design something.
    Your view is based on Newtonian era /western reasoning thinking which is about 400 years old.

Cutting things down to make things simple is the characteristics of this type of thinking. and now in 2010, lots of things run out of reason due to this.

However,

The Chinese cultivation needs Systemic Thinking where a, the elements of the system, b, interaction between each elements within the system, and C, inter -relationship of each elements within the system are all important.

for you your critics of my post is certainly true using your logic.

for me, all what I have said is needed. in fact, I am revealing critical points which most missed or over simplified. and it is to be responsible to make sure all needs to be said said.

From you response, I know you are reading my post selectively based on your thinking or as what was said in Zen --- you didnt clean your cup before put in my tea.

Thus, I dont expect you to know or appreciate what I am posting.

and thus , ok for your critics.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.

The Chinese cultivation is respectfully a "classical mess", my evasive friend. If it was more systematic more people would be having more success with it.

And a true student of the way isn't afraid of criticism.

And yet another unnecessarily wordy post. Like I said, its a pet peeve of mine. I dealt with too many used car salesman.
    Last edited by dirtyrat; 01-03-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

The Chinese cultivation is respectfully a "classical mess", my evasive friend. If it was more systematic more people would be having more success with it.
    It doesn't matter how systematic or organized you make nonsense, it remains nonsense.

And you've pointed out the proof that it is nonsense -- lack of results. If this stuff had any martial (fighting) benefit, we'd see the proof of it. If it doesn't work, we'd see no results. What do we see? No results.

And a true student of the way isn't afraid of criticism.
    Anyone interested in truth -- as opposed to only reinforcing his dogmatic views -- will welcome criticism. Critical thinking is the process by which we can ferret out what is true.

And yet another unnecessarily wordy post. Like I said, its a pet peeve of mine. I dealt with too many used car salesman.
    I think it was Feynman (the famous physicist) who said that if you can't explain it CLEARLY to a five year old, then you don't understand it yourself.

I appreciate your thoughts Hendrick, keep them rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I think it was Feynman (the famous physicist) who said that if you can't explain it CLEARLY to a five year old, then you don't understand it yourself.
    Well said.

From you view sure.

And
    a true student of the way isn't afraid of criticism.
    A true student of the way will not critics due to boosting ego and personal discrimination on a topic one doesnt know either.

A used car salesman is making his living with his/her own effort. What is so wrong ?
    What are you doing for a living that give you the right to looking down on others, care to share with us?

since you bring up engineering, what kind of engineering are you doing and how many patent do you have in the past three years? hahaha

A follower of Dao will not practice that. since water always go to the lowerst.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    It doesn't matter how systematic or organized you make nonsense, it remains nonsense.

sure,
    Such as when one comments on things one are clueless ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    I appreciate your thoughts Hendrick, keep them rolling!

Thanks.

Here I continous.

The process of cultivation needs to go through Qi due to there is a physical and mental body.

One can have some clue on awareness in an instant however one will not be able to penetrate the Physical and mental body habit. Thus, multi-layers of aids are needed to penetrate throught the blocks.

And Since it is not Thoughts but dealing with nature phenomenon, mind speculation doesnt mean much.

Thus, the path via

Transform the essence to Qi,
    Transform Qi to Shen,
    Return Shen to Silence

are a reasonable one since majority/99.9% cant go straight to awareness and penetrate all the blocks.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    A used car salesman is making his living with his/her own effort. What is so wrong ?
    What are you doing for a living that give you the right to looking down on others, care to share with us? .
    I don't look down on others. I just accept people's nature and their potential. And since you ask, I work in the health field. I like to think my job allows me to give back to the community.

And please don't talk to me about ego, Hendrik. You got one of the biggest egos here on this forum, my friend. It really shows in your writing and you don't need to take classes in psychology (although I have ) to see that.

sure,
    Such as when one comments on things one are clueless ?
    So says the man who believes in fairy dust.

I like to keep things simple. If Qi follows the intent, then in theory all we need to do is have the intent of expanding our awareness. In theory, Qi doesn't need to come into the conversation at all. Talk about Qi is a distraction from what we ultimately want to accomplish.
    I remember an old line that mentions the 'intent & will' lead the hei (qi/chi) (Yi Yee Ling Hei) so your point makes some sense, but Hendrik is delving a little deeper I think. These things are quite hard to put into the english language sometimes but I am like you too, as I like things simple! Wouldn't be doing any other style if I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by t_neihoff View Post
    Half the problem here is that if we all treat the 'trained' like a five year old we begin to sound like we're taking the p**s. Although the 'trained' to you is not the same as everybody else (only sometimes!)
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 01-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I remember an old line that mentions the 'intent & will' lead the hei (qi/chi) (Yi Yee Ling Hei) so your point makes some sense, but Hendrik is delving a little deeper I think.

These things are quite hard to put into the english language sometimes but I am like you too, as I like things simple! Wouldn't be doing any other style if I didn't.

why remember why qoute others saying? do it and experience for oneself and see for oneself what is going on.

In the name of communication, all political game can be played. and who cares all those unjust critics? I dont.

The bottom line, is those who critics has no clue even to use their kung fu to heal thier common cold. or bring thier brain wave to the spectum they intend.

So again, who cares? to argue with this type of misleading ego boosting critics to "need" pick anything for arguement sake just to win for ego purpose.

safe the energy, ask me anything about the process for real.

safe the energy, ask me anything about the process for real.
    okay, i'll bite. allow me to test your way. i'll put in the time. how would you like to begin?

The bottom line, is those who critics has no clue even to use their kung fu to heal thier common cold. or bring thier brain wave to the spectum they intend.
    Now you are complaining of, and then criticizing the critics yourself in the same sentence. You are no better!
    And now you imply you can heal your common cold with the BS you talk here? Are you god too? And, how do you know what the 'critics' can or can't do?

So again, who cares? to argue with this type of misleading ego boosting critics to "need" pick anything for arguement sake just to win for ego purpose.
    You are speaking into a mirror.