Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novice looking for tournament - need recommendation

the AAU event will be :

Aug. 14th at the North City Recreation Complex. The negotiations for hotel and such are still underway. More info will be coming out as it is finalized.

Also, in June 18-20 the 2010 Lei Tei Championships in Houston, Texas. Master Blue Siytangco is hosting it.

http://www.leitaichampionships.com/index.html
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Also, in June 18-20 the 2010 Lei Tei Championships in Houston, Texas. Master Blue Siytangco is hosting it.
    Awesome, a tourney in Houston, maybe this is the one I want. I go to Houston something like two or three times a month to train. Going to ask my shifu about this one. Thanks masherdong I really appreciate this info.

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    Awesome, a tourney in Houston, maybe this is the one I want. I go to Houston something like two or three times a month to train. Going to ask my shifu about this one. Thanks masherdong I really appreciate this info.
    Great! Looking forward to seeing you there!
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Thanks masherdong, I did not know about that event. Although that is very close to the Taiji Legacy here in Dallas. Is this the replacement of HICMAC?
    Last edited by xcakid; 01-10-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Wow!! Are they trying to weed out the Muay Thai and MMA practioners by having this rule? I know quite a few that enter Sanda Tournaments.

Please be advised that ALL athletes competing in any of the Combat Elements Reaction Skills
    Events will need to qualify by performing their martial forms in front of a panel of judges. This
    pre-event qualifier will be held on June 18th. The participants will demonstrate their form (any of
    their choosing involving bare hand or weapons forms) in front of a panel of judges. The athletes
    must gain a passing score to compete in any of the Combat Elements Reaction Skills Events.

http://www.leitaichampionships.com/Introduction.html
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Wow!! Are they trying to weed out the Muay Thai and MMA practioners by having this rule? I know quite a few that enter Sanda Tournaments.
    They are trying to weed out any actual fighters who don't bother with forms practice.

Red Alert Red Alert! This tourney is bogus on pretty much this point alone.

Looks like a stupid underhanded face game raising it's ugly head in tcma ...again. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Bumping this up...I'm not seeing any updates on the Leitai Tournament on the website. Anyone know what is going on? I was wondering what hotel the tournament is using.

If you are looking for a contemporary wushu competition in Texas, then Legends of Kung Fu would be the place. It is the largest CMA tournament in Texas and usually has some wushu players competing. For the number of enthusiasts here though, numbers at tournaments are very small. California is a hot bed of wushu but you better bring your A game if you compete there.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post

See...I keep telling people that forms are important!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Hmmm....Leitai homepage says the tournament is cancelled and postponed until an undisclosed later date. Anyone see that? I guess I'll try to go to the Austin Martial Arts Festival and compete there, then do Legends next year I guess.