Thread: Good sale on Thai Mitts

Good sale on Thai Mitts

Check these out:

http://www.combatsports.com/prodinfo.asp?number=UTM

I think they would be great for doing kicks such as hook, crescents, ax, and snapping kicks (roundhouse, front, side). I have a set of regular Thai mitts for power roundhouse, teeps, and front thrusts, but these would make a great additional training tool? Anyone ever use these?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

i've wanted to try them out for a while
    from looking at them, i think a better idea would be to wear one of those and 1 regular thai pad to facilitate certain punches and defense drills.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i've wanted to try them out for a while
    from looking at them, i think a better idea would be to wear one of those and 1 regular thai pad to facilitate certain punches and defense drills.
    Good idea. My Muay Thai coach does this often with a regular boxing mitt and Thai mitt and also a boxing mitt and focus shield, which is great for setting up boxing into kick combinations. For that price, I may pick them up and see.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato