Thread: Cold Bones??

Cold Bones??

Greetings,

Over the past month or so my bones have been getting colder and colder from my practices-- to the point where I think there is a broken window somewhere. I have never read nor heard anything about that kind of change.

Any insights?

mickey

Is it uniform (like all your bones feel cold at once)? Or is it like a wandering cold (cold flashes) in discrete parts of your skeleton?
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

This may be of some interest:

http://alternativemedicine.healthcom...itis/tcm.shtml

"Traditional Chinese Medicine

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) categorizes arthritis as a blockage in the smooth flow of Qi and Blood throughout the energetic pathways in the body. The disorder is classified as Bone Bi (an impediment that affects the bones and joints). Pain and reduced range of motion in TCM indicates the presence of a blockage; conditions such as arthritis, herefore, are called Painful Obstruction Syndromes.

The immediate cause of Bi syndromes is environmental. Pathogenic Influences of Wind, Cold, and Dampness are said to penetrate the body's defenses and lodge in the muscles, tendons, and joints. They create obstruction and cause pain, stiffness, and other symptoms. The confluence of these pathogens in the affected areas also can lead to the generation of Heat, manifesting as inflammation. Long-term Bi syndrome can lead to the formation of Phlegm and the deformation of bones and joints.

While the Qi usually is strong enough to resist invasion by environmental pathogens, several internal disharmonies in the Qi and the Blood can predispose one to Bi syndrome.

Individuals under stress frequently suffer from obstructed flow of Qi and Blood in the body because stress affects the Liver, which is responsible for the smooth flow of Qi. Obstruction creates an environment in which the Pathogenic Influences can invade and lodge.
    Insufficient Blood and Qi can lead to the body's energetic pathways being completely filled, allowing pathogens to invade.
    A genetic predisposition, poor diet, overwork, and insufficient exercise can weaken the Zang Organs, such as the Kidney or Spleen (responsible for supplying the kinds of Qi that maintain overall resistance) allowing Pathogenic Influences. "

Mickey,

what exactly is it that you're practicing?

Hi dimethylsea and kfson,

This is a cool, mentholated, feeling. It is a feeling of being turned on to a frequency. It is not painful. It seems to be a shift in energy. A shift that suggests that something is eminent. I am not concerned about maladies. It is simply a first for me. It reminds me very much of feminine energy. You know, that might be it. I have been working with the feminine for some time now.

Thank you both for responding,

mickey

I hear the real estate market is buyer friendly in Florida!
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Hi dirtyrat,

I am doing meditations that include cellular work. I work very closely with the feminine.

Hebrew Hammer,

Florida may end up under water at some point. I need the higher ground.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi dirtyrat,

I am doing meditations that include cellular work. I work very closely with the feminine.
    what's the goal, if any?

Hi dimethylsea and kfson,

This is a cool, mentholated, feeling. It is a feeling of being turned on to a frequency. It is not painful. It seems to be a shift in energy. A shift that suggests that something is eminent. I am not concerned about maladies. It is simply a first for me. It reminds me very much of feminine energy. You know, that might be it. I have been working with the feminine for some time now.

mickey

Cool!
    Are you able to sustain it by will?
    Keep us informed.

mickey
    Mickey,
    If I were you I would pay no special attention to this feeling at all. Just note it in your qi gong journal (if you keep one.. which you should IMO) and keep working. If it happens again, note in in your journal after practice and keep working. It may very well be a new level, or it might be one of those crazy "qi gong illusions" that come and go. Keep working and just try to let it pass, it doesn't sound like a negative, but it also doesn't sound like it's a for sure positive development either. Just keep working and focusing on your basics.
    Without trying to "drive away" the sensation or fight it in any way take it as a sign you *might* be trying to get ahead of yourself.. so go back to something more basic in your practice for a few weeks, and then return to the more complex things. If the "cold sensation" is "real" (in the sense of being a positive development) then it might be pre-mature or it might be something that is ready to happen naturally. Either way some more work on your basics will either lay the foundation for good strong development (if it's a premature positive) or more work on basics will reinforce the development that lead to this new level (if it's a positive whose time has come).

Either way remember the key rules
    1.) You can't ever have too much basics. High level skill is high level basics.
    2.) Don't get fixated on any qi gong sensation. It may be illusion (fake feelings), or it may be "real but ephemeral". Either way.. don't pay much attention to it. Just note it.. and keep practicing.
    3.) No matter how "high" your level is.. you (and I, and anyone we know) is just scratching the surface. The best way to guarantee you never grow is to get arrogant and fixate on your "attainments in qi gong skill".

Good luck bro!
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

you are transmuting... your DNA structure is evolving.

Hebrew Hammer,

Florida may end up under water at some point. I need the higher ground.

mickey
    We can only hope...that and possibly we can sell Texas back to Mexico and pay down some of the national debt.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Greetings,

I thank you all for your support and encouragement.

mickey

Greetings,

Over the past month or so my bones have been getting colder and colder from my practices-- to the point where I think there is a broken window somewhere. I have never read nor heard anything about that kind of change.

Any insights?

mickey
    How is your food intake? type and quantity of food!
    Are you usually cold or hot?
    When was the last time you went to see your family doctor?

Bases on limited information, "heat" (or perception thereof) is leaving the body increasing 'damp' ' coldness' 'cold feeling'.
    How often do you wear a T-shirt or socks (other than work)?

There is a hand positioning method that allows you to see/sense if "energy" (I realize highly uinscientific method) is escaping the body. Take dominat hand and pass all over body and try to detect "vacuous" open, cold/cool from said area.

HIGHLY UNSCIENTIFIC SOLUTION:
    a. sit at edge of chair with hands at qihai (lower dantian-below navel) for 15 minutes 2-3x day. After a week see if there is a change in sensation of heat or cold.
    b. Rub mingmen/shenshu (lower lumbar) and keep hands there for about 10-15 minutes and rub for about 2 minutes before you start and when finished.

MAIN POINT: Go and see the family doctor to rule out potentially serious conditions

Greetings,

I am doing fine, mawali.

The one thing that I was guided to do and I kept putting off was to take liquid trace minerals. I started doing so. It helped balance out the coolness with heat. It pays to listen to guidance.

mickey