Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom Of Doom

And there's more

Who can forget JCVD here?

Click for the vid.
    'Kung Fu Panda 2' Exclusive: Jean-Claude Van Damme Goes Behind The Scenes

Posted 22 hrs ago by Kevin P. Sullivan in DVD, Video

It's hard to hear the voice of the Muscles from Brussels himself, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and not imagine the action super star uppercutting the air. As it turns out, that's probably what he's actually doing.

In this exclusive behind the scenes featurette from the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD release of "Kung Fu Panda 2," you get a peak at what it was like for Van Damme while he recorded his voice track for the film.

Van Damme plays Master Croc, a reptilian martial arts expert, who uses his tail as one of his primary weapons. The actor expressed some concern about the character since crocodiles have such short limbs. How could the animated character portray the full range of Van Damme's ferocious moves?

The clip is raw Van Damme, and that is always worth a look. He takes some time to explain how he came to be one of the first martial arts super stars and how his status as the world's first person to perform splits between two chairs inspired Master Croc's moves.

Be sure to check out the entire clip above.

"Kung Fu Panda 2" hits Blu-ray and DVD on December 13.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oscar nominated

Animated Feature Film / Kung Fu Panda 2 Jennifer Yuh Nelson

Film Synopsis

Now that he is the Dragon Warrior and the leader of the Furious Five, Po continues to hone his kung fu skills. When Lord Shen, a dangerous and arrogant pea****, attempts to take control of the Valley of Peace, Po’s quest to combat Shen’s dictatorial ambitions leads him to make astonishing discoveries about his own past.

Academy Awards History

This is the first Academy Award nomination for Jennifer Yuh Nelson.
    Go Po! Go Po!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Challenging home-video environment

As I've said before, DVDs are dying...
    FEBRUARY 28, 2012, 8:48 P.M. ET
    DreamWorks Animation Reports Weaker Results
    By MICHELLE KUNG and DREW FITZGERALD

Weak sales of "Kung Fu Panda 2" DVDs contributed to steep declines in revenue and profit during DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.'s fourth quarter.

Despite a strong box-office performance, the second "Kung Fu Panda" installment, together with "Puss in Boots," released in October, couldn't match the results of the larger group of films the studio had in the market in the year-earlier period.

Chief Executive Jeffrey Katzenberg said in a conference call with Wall Street analysts that the DVD's performance was hurt by a general downturn in the home-video environment, which he said remains "challenging."

In the quarter ended Dec. 31, DreamWorks posted a profit of $24.3 million, or 29 cents a share, down 71% from the year-earlier period, when DreamWorks made $85.2 million, or 99 cents a share. Revenue fell 21% to $219 million.

"Kung Fu Panda 2" contributed $49.6 million to revenue in the latest quarter, mostly through home-entertainment sales. The more recently released "Puss In Boots" added about $23.8 million to revenue, while "Megamind" contributed $19.4 million, mostly through international pay-television revenue.

"Puss in Boots" generated $149.2 million in domestic ticket sales—only slightly less than "Kung Fu Panda 2"—contributing to a total $532.7 million world-wide.

But Mr. Katzenberg said the film's costs were higher than average for a DreamWorks film. At $150 million to $175 million, the movie's marketing and distribution expenses were relatively high for the studio. Paying the actors whose voices were used in the film also cost more than it has for many of the studio's films, Mr. Katzenberg said.

The company's net income for the full year fell by 49% to $86.8 million, or $1.02 a share, on revenue of $706 million, down 10% from 2010.

With an eye toward the world's most populous market, DreamWorks recently signed a joint-venture deal with investment fund China Media Capital to launch a production studio in Shanghai. The venture's terms require DreamWorks to share some technology with its Chinese partners while allowing the U.S. company to distribute more movies in China by avoiding state-imposed limits on foreign film imports.

While DreamWorks executives did not elaborate on the joint venture, dubbed Oriental DreamWorks, they said its first film will be released in theaters in 2016. There is also some possibility the venture will help DreamWorks Animation distribute upcoming films in China, Mr. Katzenberg said.

Executives also declined to discuss who will distribute DreamWorks Animation's films after the studio's current deal with Viacom Inc's Paramount Pictures expires at the end of this year. Paramount currently collects an 8% distribution fee on DreamWorks titles and has been distributing films for the studio since 2006. Mr. Katzenberg said that the studio would announce its distribution plans no later than this fall.

"We're considering all options," he said.

Revenues for the current year are expected to be driven primarily by the release of two new films -- a third film in the studio's "Madagascar" series and contemporary fairy tale "Rise of the Guardians" -- and the continuing home video and international returns from its 2012 films.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Chop Kick Panda

Don’t get suckered by Disney/Pixar ripoffs
    Joyce Slaton
    Very Violet
    posted: 03/13/2012, 4:26 pm

There exists a children’s film underworld. Every time a massive film-making entity like Disney or Pixar releases a major animated film, ripoff artists scramble to produce cheap knockoffs that they package as similarly to their big-budget cousins as they can get away with. Basically, they’re hoping to confuse grandmas hurriedly shopping for Christmas presents at Sam’s Club, or a mom who’s filling out her Netflix queue with kids screeching at her. You wanted Kung-Fu Panda? You got the almost identical-looking Chop Kick Panda instead, which you only find out when you open the video and the disappointed kids go nuts.

It’s not illegal, exactly. Many kid’s movies are based on fairytales, and Disney hardly owns the rights to Hans Christian Anderson’s classic tale The Little Mermaid, for instance. But the way in which ripoff companies like Brazil’s Video Brinquedo and Golden Entertainment release films with titles similar to big-budget films, in the same year, with similar packaging, certainly seems fraudulent. And too often, the scheme works.

Don’t get suckered! Watch for the differences between the real thing and the knockoffs. Below, the 7 most shameless kid’s movie ripoffs.

Featuring a panda that looks almost indistinguishable from the hero of Kung Fu Panda, Chop Kick Panda also concerns a chubby panda who defends his tiny village against a tiger warrior. What are the odds?
    This would make a great double feature with Legend of a Rabbit.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Pirated DVD's are huge, I know of at least 5 stores in my area that carry them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

odd ttt

When she was just a girl
    She expected the world

Read more: COLDPLAY - PARADISE LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/paradise-...#ixzz1rqTbNIqN
    Copied from MetroLyrics.com

Chris Martin is Po-faced
    Coldplay's love for Kung Fu Panda
    By GORDON SMART, Showbiz Editor
    Published: Today at 01:01

YOU would expect Chris Martin to be the kind of bloke who enjoys films by Stanley Kubrick or Federico Fellini when he sticks on a DVD.

But the Coldplay frontman actually believes animated kids’ favourite Kung Fu Panda 2 is the most inspiring movie of all time.

He even claims the main character Po, voiced by Jack Black, sets a good example for him and his band.

Chris said: “In Kung Fu Panda 2 the baddie sends an evil force right into Po’s head, but the lesson he learns is how to turn that force around and send it back twice as strong.

“It is a great way to deal with negativity. We are interested in turning negatives into positives.

“I feel like every kid is trying to get that at school. They take cr*p from people. We want them to take that as ‘When people are mean to you, don’t let that distract you from your passion or vision’.

“In life it’s good to learn how to take negatives and turn them into positives.

“Every time something like that happens to us, we just flip it around. It is a very good film.”

Chris is clearly getting into his movies at the moment.

Coldplay have helped fund a Mat Whitecross film about the famous Stone Roses gig at Spike Island.

It follows four lads in a band who travel to watch their heroes in action at the 1990 Merseyside gig. Coldplay will be aiming to put on some memorable gigs of their own during their world tour, which kicks off in Canada later this month.

There’s no reason why they shouldn’t put on a top show, as Chris feels the band have never been in a better place.

He said: “We are so happy to have our job at this point.

“If someone doesn’t like us we don’t care. We care about the people who do like us.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Does anyone know if KFP-Legends of Awesomeness is going to get a Season 2? We love that show in my house... and frankly, Nickolodeon should just fill out their whole schedule with kung fu kids shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Whereabouts dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Whereabouts dude?
    LOL !
    Nowhere that you need to know !

Strangely they seem quite familiar with you as well...Arrrr!
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Strangely they seem quite familiar with you as well...Arrrr!
    I have issues with pirated ANYTHING.
    I happen to know of those places because not everyone I know has issues with pirated DVD's.
    Heck, let me give you an example:
    Last year I needed a toilet plunger, I went to the dollar store by where I live and I go to the back and knwo what I see? an open door and inside ( of course I looked) were DVD's in the typical "paper sleeves" that pirated DVD's come in and people were inside buying them and paying cash THERE, not at the counter/cashier.
    Such is life it seems.

LIES !!!

I have good information that says you quite enjoy the pirate BOOTY!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    LIES !!!

I have good information that says you quite enjoy the pirate BOOTY!
    Guilty on that one bro !
    Saw my halloween pics from last year on facebook, did you?

haha nope but i bet my guess is pretty darn close.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I happen to know of those places because not everyone I know has issues with pirated DVD's.
    Heck, let me give you an example:
    Last year I needed a toilet plunger, I went to the dollar store by where I live and I go to the back and knwo what I see? an open door and inside ( of course I looked) were DVD's in the typical "paper sleeves" that pirated DVD's come in and people were inside buying them and paying cash THERE, not at the counter/cashier.
    Such is life it seems.
    Be wary of Butt Pirates bearing gifts young Grasshopper...they're usually camped out next to next to the plungers.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost