Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haiti

Haiti

Hey yall, I'm sorry to be posting this on the main forum, as it should probably be go on the off-topic forum, but this forum gets a lot more traffic, so I hope I am forgiven for posting it here.

My uncle, Walt Ratterman, who is a CEO of non-profit organization SunEnergy Power International, was in Haiti setting up a solar energy system for an AIDS/TB clinic that was off the electricity grid in Port Au Prince. He has gone on missing as his hotel, Hotel Montana, was hit hard. Rescuers are locating survivors from this hotel every hour, leaving hope that he might be found alive. As we speak there are an estimated 70 survivors trapped in a basement that rescuers are still trying to get to.

I ask that you keep my uncle in your prayers, that he is found alive and well. Thank you, guys.

I'm not a praying man, but my thoughts are with your uncle and your family. I've definately been following this closely since the first live report I saw. Seeing the devistation and horrible situation those people are in make me want to drop my life and go there to help.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thank you Lucas, I appreciate your thoughts and kind words.

Blog Entries
    I am a praying man, and will pray for your uncle and family. As well as for all the lost souls in this tragedy. At this moment, the Hung Mun is in discussions to what we can do to help.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

anyone who wants to donate $10 to Int. Red Cross can do so directly from their cell by texting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8460791.stm

(read the article, the info is in there)

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. My uncle is still unaccounted for. There might be a chance that he was injured and taken to the Dominican Republic and is listed as the many "Jon Does" however, it's not looking good.

Here is one article on him.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-coun...aster_aid.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Apprentice View Post
    Hey yall, I'm sorry to be posting this on the main forum, as it should probably be go on the off-topic forum, but this forum gets a lot more traffic, so I hope I am forgiven for posting it here.

My uncle, Walt Ratterman, who is a CEO of non-profit organization SunEnergy Power International, was in Haiti setting up a solar energy system for an AIDS/TB clinic that was off the electricity grid in Port Au Prince. He has gone on missing as his hotel, Hotel Montana, was hit hard. Rescuers are locating survivors from this hotel every hour, leaving hope that he might be found alive. As we speak there are an estimated 70 survivors trapped in a basement that rescuers are still trying to get to.

I ask that you keep my uncle in your prayers, that he is found alive and well. Thank you, guys.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers and ask that the Good Lord strengthen you and your family in this time of need.
    The world we live in is a difficult world but one that has always been this way and probably always will.
    I hope that your uncle survives and that you will be reunited soon.
    Love, Hope and Faith are the cornerstones of God and of these, the greatest is love.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Maybe now Haiti can start anew.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    just like iraq and afghanistan... some countries just have all the luck.
    ok, ok, march all the survivors into the sea.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, my uncle still continues to be missing.

Ronin- Thank you, that was one of the most thoughtful and kind words said.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    hope everything turns out for the better. always sad to hear of the events.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Ronin- Thank you, that was one of the most thoughtful and kind words said.
    It may come as a surprise to many, but I am a devote christian.
    Sure I have my silly episodes and I like soft core a bit to much for my own good, LOL!
    But a couple of years ago I had an awakening of sorts and Jesus and I have gotten along much better than in the past.
    God and I had issues for longer than I care to admit, but I have found peace with God through Jesus and while that may not be the path for all people, it was for me.
    I truly believe that God is Love and that through this love we people can do wonders.
    Not preaching to you, because I believe in MANY paths to God.
    I thank you for your kind words.

Any news on your uncle?

No, still no word on my uncle. My cousin (his son) made it to the site a couple days ago and is helping going thru the rubble. They just recently pulled out an older woman who has been trapped for seven days now, so there is still hope.

Here is a video interview of my cousin and aunt.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Well-known-W...-81810272.html

Cmon guys!

I heard there was a 6.1 earthquake yesterday that hit Haiti. Reportedly teams searching thru the rubble of the hotel said there wasn't a shift in the rubble. Tapping is still being heard from under the rubble using instruments that amplify sound. My cousin spoke to an ER doctor who is on his way to Haiti. This doctor went to the Phillipines during to help when that country was hit hard. The doctor said it is absolutely possible for someone to survive an earthquake a couple weeks after the initial quake. This doctor said when he was there helping out he received patients who had been trapped underneath the rubble for a little over two weeks.

There is still hope.

No, still no word on my uncle. My cousin (his son) made it to the site a couple days ago and is helping going thru the rubble. They just recently pulled out an older woman who has been trapped for seven days now, so there is still hope.

Here is a video interview of my cousin and aunt.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Well-known-W...-81810272.html
    There is always hope my friend.