Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haiti

I saw the report of the 6.1 'aftershock' this morning. From what I saw on the news report, like you said, it didnt seem to shift things around too much, other than peoples emotions of course. Your Uncle is out there somewhere! I'm having a hard time living a regular life right now, you just know there are so many starving and injured people that dont give a **** or even know or understand world politics...they just want to eat and care for their little children...its just not fair.

anyone have any connections in any humanitarian aid programs? i dont have a savings, or i would just go on my dime, ive been looking around on the internet and it seems like most of the big boys, peace corp/mercy corp things like that, they want college graduates or people to be able to afford going out themselves. some of us broke people want to help too!

what can a person do? ideas?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Jackie

We've discussed Jackie's charity work here.
    by Jessica Beaton, Shanghai Editor
    20 January, 2010
    Jackie Chan records "To Welcome You Home" (接你回家)
    Jackie Chan records a song in honor of eight Chinese police officers killed in the Haiti earthquake as their bodies are returned home

In this clip of "To Welcome You Home" (接你回家), in addition to a short interview with Jackie Chan, the TV station also shows footage of Chinese rescue workers in Haiti as well as the return of the Chinese peace keepers to China. (Youku video)

Eight Chinese police officers lost their lives there in the earthquake in Haiti last week. As their bodies were returned to China, news of a song by Jackie Chan about the earthquake written for the fallen peacekeepers was announced. The song is titled "To Welcome You Home" (接你回家).

Danwei reports that Jackie Chan teamed up with Tan Jing, a singer from the PLA Song and Dance Ensemble, to record "To Welcome You Home" (接你回家).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I saw the report of the 6.1 'aftershock' this morning. From what I saw on the news report, like you said, it didnt seem to shift things around too much, other than peoples emotions of course. Your Uncle is out there somewhere! I'm having a hard time living a regular life right now, you just know there are so many starving and injured people that dont give a **** or even know or understand world politics...they just want to eat and care for their little children...its just not fair.

anyone have any connections in any humanitarian aid programs? i dont have a savings, or i would just go on my dime, ive been looking around on the internet and it seems like most of the big boys, peace corp/mercy corp things like that, they want college graduates or people to be able to afford going out themselves. some of us broke people want to help too!

what can a person do? ideas?
    I am sure there is volunteer work in the local community that is helping out, just look around or maybe call your local (biggest) radio station and they might have info.
    Red cross, salvation army, etc.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

oh i completely forgot about the red cross, i think a friends mom works for them...i was helping with a donation collection drive through a local church. there was a few thousand raised, but it just feels weird not being out in the world actually helping people with my own hands.

im really just tired of the answer to how can i help being: "give us money" thats not always an option. i dont even know if i can make that major of a life change, as i have never gone abroad for aid work before, but i know i want to...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Reinstating this thread

I went to post something on Jackie Chan's Haiti relief effort yesterday, and was sorry to see that this thread was so sullied by uki and Kansuke flame war that Yung Apprentice deleted it. As martial artists, it is our duty to help the needy, and in situations like the Haiti Quake, it's reaffirming to hear that many of you are answering this call. What's more, our hearts are with Yung Apprentice and our prayers are with his uncle, along with all the other quake victims.

I'm disappointed to see that uki and Kansuke couldn't see the gravity of the situation and persisted in catty, self-serving behavior. I've deleted all posts relating to their flame war and I'm considering the many requests I have received to have them banned. We can address that elsewhere, if need be.

Now let's return to the topic at hand. When the Sichuan quake hit, we were in position to stage Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims. We are not in position to do that now, but there seems to be more support from American organizations, so I urge you all to support them.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanks Boss.
    As for banning, as you know, I would agree.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i am sure that everyone who was destined to survive the earthquake will do so... i hope all goes well for those who have lost loved ones, but all things happen for a reason.

if this belief, along with defending myself publicly from online attacks, amounts to a bannable offense, then i stand guilty.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I think what you lack is timing uki. I find you funny most times and we banter back and forth but your timing just.... welll.... sucksss

Anyways, your a good fellow from what I can tell, just think you have some 'misguided' ideals.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I think what you lack is timing uki. I find you funny most times and we banter back and forth but your timing just.... welll.... sucksss
    well how can one talk about alternate perceptions of current events unless the events happen?? i believe haiti was attacked with scalar weapons or something of the sort that CAUSES earthquakes to happen... i was just saying and just saying here in the haiti thread because it is obviously related... the timing is perfect, perhaps more and more people will see my posts and talk about it more... google "oil in haiti" haitian intellectuals and think tanks have been calling this for years now... and then to add insult to injury, you have the bushes and clinton heading a humanitarian effort... LOL... asinine... the whole thing is so transparent... what happened to the swine flu all of a sudden?? the truth will manifest when the time is right, you don't have to take my word for it.
    Anyways, your a good fellow from what I can tell, just think you have some 'misguided' ideals.
    LOL... i just don't blindly believe what our "officials" and "news" tell us - they are the misguided ones.

I do hope they ban you.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I do hope they ban you.
    why is it so difficult for people to approach seemingly happenstance random events in an alternate light?? are you denying that the american military has the capability to cause earthquakes?? there is absolutely no possibility that an earthquake can be manufactured?? is that why you want me banned?? it's truly sad that the people of haiti have been made to suffer and my heart goes out to the people who must endure this tribulation, but there is trickery afoot and the people have a right to make up their own minds.

an article from 2004, from a haitian... http://www.haitiaction.net/News/JM/jm8_1_4.html

a good question for the day... http://www.politicaltheatrics.net/20...orts-in-haiti/

You are using someone's thread about a tragic accident to put out fabricated stories about an impossibility. The very foundation of your argument isn't even possible had you known even the basic about plate tectonics.

AT ANY RATE - START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND LEAVE THIS ONE ALONE, YOU DISRESPECTFUL *******.

Congratulations. You have succeeded in offending me.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

something tells me the original poster did not get offended or take my comments as being disrespectful.

haitians have a right to know the possibilities that exist... http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020104

stuff like this is pouring in from all corners of the web... a manufactured earthquake. the comments for this article are interesting to say the least... haiti is strategically important in the global game of chess that is being played... stand strong haiti, the truth is coming out.
    Last edited by uki; 01-24-2010 at 04:57 AM.