Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Unemployment continues to rise

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Speak for yourself.

I think that's the problem. You people honestly cannot see and have not a clue about racist attitudes in America. I feel pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Because liberals .... are ok with not having to do any work except criticize those who are making the tough decisions.
    This from the Right?AHAHAHA.

From the "we will just filibuster anything we don't like" crowd?

Pot meet kettle.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post

Pot meet kettle.
    I'm not a republican, nor do I belong to any of the republican-esque independent parties. Try again.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post

Pot meet kettle.

I'm not going to blame anyone for playing the game. During Bush's time the teabaggers continued to btch and moan......"Why want they let us have an up or down vote"........ It's a two way sword.

One thing I do take issue with is if I'm a member of a political party in congress I might not agree with every bill that party put forward however I sure would not vote against my own party in a procedural vote. I would give my party an up or down vote no matter how I felt about the issue....

In any case all this is moot. I wouldn't serve in congress if they shackled up and brought me up there!

Well, maybe we will get more filibusters now because what Obama has done is obviously only making things worse.

From today's news:

"Unemployment rates rose in 43 states last month, the government said Friday, painting a bleak picture of the job market and illustrating nationwide data released two weeks ago.

That is consistent with nationwide trends. Employers shed a net total of 85,000 jobs in December, the government said earlier this month, after notching a small gain of 4,000 jobs in November.

In another nationwide trend, long-suffering states like California and Michigan saw their jobless rates stabilize even as they continued to bleed jobs. That's because thousands of frustrated workers gave up hunting for work and dropped out of the labor force, which means they aren't included in the unemployment rate."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100122/...e_unemployment

But the good news for Obama is that so many Americans have given up (or had their unemployment coverage reach it's limit) that the unemployment rate may stabilize! You do realize if the Democrats do extend yet again the amount of time you can draw unemployment, the rate will go up as people who are no longer eligible for benfits, and thus not factored into the unemployment rate, will be counted again.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

A prediction

If unemployment is still at 10% or higher come November, the Republicans will take control of the House, and make huge gains in the Senate.

Speaking of the Senate races, Obama's seat is up for grabs as well....
    Last edited by 1bad65; 01-22-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

The corporate world and their government stooges have been raping the system that used to work since 1971. Things are going to get worse before they get better.