Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know of Sifu Robert Smith (Miami, FL)

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow View Post
    where you one of the guys that was there last night (thurs)?
    Yep, the OP for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow View Post
    where you one of the guys that was there last night (thurs)?
    Yes! I was the most innapropriately dressed of the three newbies (Beach shorts, haha! what was I thinking?)

Anyways, my first experience was pretty amazing. Everyone seems very friendly and, the Sifu has a great sense of humor. At one point, a friend I brought along actually had to leave the class feeling nauseated. The teasing immediately began thereafter.

Overall, the experience was even better than I expected. I'm happy to have found both a school I can dive into and focus on, and an online community as helpful as this one linked to it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Was your friend feeling okay afterwards, he looked a bit pale? No big deal the body takes time to adjust. He wasn't the first person this has happened to nor will he be the last.

Thumbs up

I knew you'd love it!

It's the same feeling I got when I walked into the school... It's funny, if Joe had never shown me that Kung Fu Qigong magazine with Li Siu Hung on the cover, I would never have read that article on Hak Fu Mun, and I'd be a student there.

CLFNole,
    I should be sending you a pm later today with the pics.

Good training!

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Was your friend feeling okay afterwards, he looked a bit pale? No big deal the body takes time to adjust. He wasn't the first person this has happened to nor will he be the last.
    He was fine. His issue was not so much being out of shape, we both play (or played, we're on an extended break now) competitive tennis. We're actually in the top 100 in FL, at the 4.0 level. He had just eaten a nice, big plate of rice, beans and I think pork chops so, that wasn't agreeing with the Kung Fu at all!

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    I knew you'd love it!

It's the same feeling I got when I walked into the school... It's funny, if Joe had never shown me that Kung Fu Qigong magazine with Li Siu Hung on the cover, I would never have read that article on Hak Fu Mun, and I'd be a student there.

CLFNole,
    I should be sending you a pm later today with the pics.

Good training!

jeff
    Thanks for the good wishes, Jeff. The school certainly has an comforting ambiance to it. I would love to visit your school in the future (if its open for visitors, not really sure). You guys have helped me get going on my long anticipated MA adventure.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress.

[QUOTE=Ender7659;987709]He was fine. His issue was not so much being out of shape, we both play (or played, we're on an extended break now) competitive tennis. We're actually in the top 100 in FL, at the 4.0 level. He had just eaten a nice, big plate of rice, beans and I think pork chops so, that wasn't agreeing with the Kung Fu at all!

Definately not a good idea before class but I am glad he is okay. I used to play a lot of tennis in high school and intramurals in college. Not nearly at your level but tennis in NY is far, far from the level in FL or the south for that matter. In the winter we would hit against a wall in a gym, which does very little for your game.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ender7659 View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes, Jeff. The school certainly has an comforting ambiance to it. I would love to visit your school in the future (if its open for visitors, not really sure). You guys have helped me get going on my long anticipated MA adventure.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress.

Not really open to visitors, but, I think we could arrange something...

Just let me know maybe a week ahead when you'll like to visit and we'll make it happen.

Good training!

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by Ender7659 View Post
    I'm looking to join a local Kung Fu academy and, thus far the only legit seeming one I have stumbled across is

http://www.miamiwingchun.com/index.htm

Does anyone know about this Sifu/Dojo? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
    I know this is an old post but I know Sifu Robert Smith and have been his student for about 4.5 years now. He is a great Wing Chun practitioner and a great teacher. If you are still interested in the style you are welcome call him. If you do tell him David sent you through an online forum. Might help him return your call sooner, lol.