Thread: Kennedy Center: Shen Yun

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Kennedy Center: Shen Yun

Saturday 23 January 2010 1330 Hrs performance

Soldiers performing fighting techniques, various Chinese Cultural dress. A story of Wu Song. Drunkard steppings. Cool femmes with hype rhythm sportin' boss gearTouch lift Mass-effect Wild locomoting from the kneesand toes(foot-ball. appealing hosting-sharp like a battle sword before battle...Boom-voices--a kung fu od sound (bring ear protectors if they still get a microphone. A most wonderfully sorrowful or emote-filled playing of an Erhu~.

Also thunder kicks. Visual delight and next level integration between media and live stage performance...

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 01-24-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: add date and time note
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

I was going to try to avoid Shen Yun

It's got such amazing marketing - posters and billboards freaking everywhere I look - and the underlying political connection. But I just couldn't resist posting this article, mostly because I think Lisa Lumiere is a great name for a dancer.

Dancer: ‘So beautiful, elegant, graceful’
    By Helena Zhu
    Epoch Times Staff Created: Jan 26, 2010 Last Updated: Jan 26, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.—As the curtains lowered, New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts wrapped up the evening for those at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday.

Among the audience was therapist and dancer Lisa Lumiere, who was full of smiles after the performance.

“[The show was] so beautiful and elegant and graceful and [filled with] lots of joy,” said Ms. Lumiere. “This is what the world needs the most—spirituality and [a] beautiful message for peace. Everything was inside.”

Since the company’s establishment four years ago, Shen Yun has toured around the world, reaching audiences of all Ethnicities. In 2009 alone, Shen Yun graced stages in over 100 cities in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Oceania.

Ms. Lumiere said that the show’s presentation of values and stories throughout China’s 5,000 years of history is the “best way to express and give a message to the spirit.”

“It’s beautiful, so divine. And so much happiness [it] gave me. … I am Japanese, but I am so fascinated by the Chinese culture. I am a therapist of Chinese medicine. I do acupuncture and herbal medication; I am teaching tai chi and qigong. And also, I am a performer and dancer. … It was my first time to know about this company, so let’s spread it to all the rest of the world.”

Ms. Lumiere said that she will definitely come watch the show again when it visits the city next year.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shen Yun Performing Arts

Anyone had a chance to catch their current show? Just curious what your thoughts might be. Will be performing here on the 20th-21st, really thinking about buying a ticket and going, Ive read some good reviews. Looks very dazzling.

anywho, if i do end up going ill let you all know what i think.

not sure if this is on anyones radar, but they have a pretty wide tour.

http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh cool. hey if anyone plans on going to the shows in portland let me know.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.