Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Question for Wah Lum people

Sorry togo againts your advice Hua LinThis will be the last post on this thread.

That's a promise Hua Lin

Listen up this is my last post on this thread so read it well!Open up a new thread if you have to!

SaMantis-

I think Pong Lai was the first to invite NM to a challenge ... I need to follow the thread back to confirm it one way or the other. In any case the challenge would have to go through the temple in Orlando..

flem-

samantis

do you know northern mantis? what makes you think he needs to worry? by the way pong lai gave the invite- at least thats my impression

Hua Lin Laoshi-

Ok, Pong Lai read flem's comment about learning fighting techiques from Master Chan as a challenge. NorthernMantis let his hot Colombian blood get the best of him and said come on over and fight. Hey, I was just as hotheaded when I was his age. He has since retracted his personal invitation to fight in favor of my statement that the Wah Lum Temple will handle any challenges to the system. Don't say we can't fight unless you're prepared to come down and find out. My previous posts were personal opinions. Now I speak for Wah Lum and the Temple. You say Wah Lum stinks then tell it to Master Chan and the Wah Lum Sifu's personally.
    Who challenged who?

Originally posted by Pong lai

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wake up and smell thr roses, do your own research, learn Chinese, (your learn much more about what your studying) and perhaps consider another forum that pertains to your style, southern kung fu . The WL practitioner will then start to understand the forum contents. Obviously you are unable to particpate in the Northern Praying Mantis Section because you have NOTHING within your style that relates beasides a Name!
    Who was trolling?

You challenged Playing Mantis, and then took it back.
    I never took anything back.My si hing Hua Lin advised me not to post again on this thread and I was going to open a new one to discuss it with him.I sent my sifu an e-mail since she wasn't in Florida at the time.I will open up a new thread soon on this matter.

You and your mythical Doug Flutie like body shouldn't be challenging anybody.
    I have the experience, the knowledge, and the Colombian background to do so.I'm not as thin as you think ask Hua Lin or anyone else that knows me on this board and I'm not as short as you think.5'4 is not that short.

But since you lose your temper and get too big for your Superman Underoos
    I don't lose my temper much and I usually restrain myself.Ask anyone.

Hey Pong Lai,Woliveri,18elders did I lose my temper much in this thread or anyother?(with Playing Mantis as an exception

I think you deserve to get shredded by both of them (and I'm sure you would).....
    Tell that to my kung fu brothers and see what their response is.Maybe Pong Lai will mop the floor with me but not PlayingMantis.I must admit that you tempted me to brag but I know that is frowned upon and unbecoming as a martial artist and as a human being.It took a whole lot of restraint to hold back.However if you think I'm lying ask my kung fu brothers on this board MiamiMantis,DannyfromMiami.Knh13[sp?],and others about who can take on who.

I'm not afraid to lose and I'm not afraid to admit it.It's not about ego with me.The more experince the better.However I won't be figthing Pong Lai.To tell the truth I have nothing agints him.

Maybe you should give up this whole Kung Fu thing
    Hua Lin I should have listened.
    You would be surrounded by hundreds of people who are much bigger than you that could beat the living snot out of you
    Not a probblem.I love to sparr with people who are bigger and better than I am.I learn by losing.

Not sure what you're talking about. I study Ju Jitsu
    there's the problem right there.You have no idea what we are taliking about.You mistook another thread with this one.I suggest you read things clearly before you come to insult
    anyone.To see how I usually am go here

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...?threadid=5628 I will not come to to this tread anymore if anyone want's to talk open a new thread or e-mail me.

Hua Lin my sincerest apologies.For all the other's SaMantis,18elders,flem,Pong Lai,and all those who contributed to this thread and others I offer you my gratitude for your contributions and apologies for the ugly side of me that you had to see.

I will not come to this thread anymore.If you want to talk open a new thread.

Chao
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 01-13-2002 at 07:53 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

northernmantis

your last post speaks well of you, i hope that you stick to them. as i said somewhere on kf online that this jerry springer crap wastes alot of time that could be spent learning from one another.

Learn by losing

Northern Mantis,
    I too learn better by losing.
    I think that it was also a big inspiration for Wang Lang to lose.

there's the problem right there.You have no idea what we are taliking about.You mistook another thread with this one.I suggest you read things clearly before you come to insult
    True, Northern Mantis, I don't know Kung Fu. That is why I have been reading this thread (among others). So far though all I have learned is that some Praying Mantis practitioners talk $hit and then back out (at least that's what I've learned from you in this thread).

Thanks for the lesson.

-CV

P.S. - You're right, 5'4" isn't that short. Another inch taller, and you'll be able to ride the tea cups at Disney Land....... Oh, and
    I did talk to your classmates. Pappa Smurf and Brainy Smurf said you we're pretty tough, but Lady Smurf said you were a wuss. However, they all did agree that you were incredibly tall.

jut sow alias china village

you see it just doesn't add up. you're a jujitsu practitioner trying to learn from a kung fu forum. shouldn't you atleast call yourself japan village, brazilian village, etc. also, did you learn your jujitsu online as well???

China Village is not Jut Sow from previous posts. While Jut Sow said some negative things about Wah Lum and some of the people at the Temple he didn't insult the general forum like Playing Mantis and China Village.

This thread has degenerated into childish insults and should be left to the children (Playing Mantis and China Village). Let's get other threads started to discuss techniques and such.

History of China Village

Flem
    To Answer your questions I'm going to have to go on kind of a rant, but you wanted to know so here goes. I've been studying Ju Jitsu for a long portion of my life (about 13 years). It has been challenging, but I think it is time to move on and learn something new and different. That's why I've been looking in these forums - to see if I can find information on which style of Kung Fu I might want to try. I've looked through many threads in the Northern and Southern sections. I stumbled upon this thread and saw all you guys bickering about who taught who what, and where it all came from. I thought it was kind of interesting (and funny). Northern Mantis was right when he said I don't know anything about what is going on here. In other words, I only know that people from one style seem real butt hurt that people from another style are asking questions about their technique and history. It seems to me though that Northern Mantis (among others) were taking insults out of simple questions. I found it really funny that Northern Mantis was issuing all of these challenges, boasting about his 4 and 1/2 years of experience and 124 pounds of "pure muscle". I also found it funny that he kept taking his challenges back or "re-routing" them to other more experienced fighters. I had alot of respect for Hau Lin on this thread (because he was giving answers not insults) until he started defending Northern Mantis and his "hot Columbian blood". Don't you guys find it funny that somebody with 4 and 1/2 years experience thinks so highly of himself as to challenge people who he has no idea of their skill or experience. (More balls than brains I guess). So I created this logon to take a few cheap shots at him. Why? because I knew he would respond. Personally I think it's kind of funny. Sorry everybody, I did not mean to ruin this thread for you (although you guys seem to have ruined it for yourselves long before me or Playing Mantis got here). I've ignored all of the subtle insults you guys have thrown at me (except for Northern Mantis). You'll notice in my first post I did not even mention Northern Mantis at all. I just spoofed one of his challenges. If he'd have not read too deeply into it and just ignored it, it would not have gone any further than that. I found it really funny that he tried to counsel me, and let me know that I was making my coach lose face. Especially since that's what he's been doing this entire thread. Enough said though, I think I've gotten my point across (not that any of you guys would agree with me anyway). I wish you all the best, Even you Northern Mantis.

P.S. - The Name "China Villiage" is a resteraunt in Queens.

China Village

We too have a China Village here in Orlando. Our CV is superior to your version. Tell me what the applications of the Mu-Shu Pork are? Your CV is a watered down style. They mix Northern & Southern styles, and water it down american style. Name 5 dishes that use MSG. What grade of white rice do they use? Only the true inheritor of a style would know this! Our CV serves only the finest Oolong tea straight from China. It is known for it's diverse effects on the gastro-intestinel system. It truly helps develop the "Iron Stomach" technique. Our head chef is a master of the "Dim Sum". One time, a younger chef called him out, and I witnessed him deep fry a whole flounder for a Crispy Fish. The young challenger was left paralysed in awe as we chowed down. If you want to eat "true" chinese food, you should do your research, and decide for yourself.

isol8ted

Let me tell you about a Chinese cooking demo that I once saw. There were two cooking schools that were at this demo. The first school was led by a large happy looking chef. The second school was led by a skinny quiet looking chef.
    The second school went first. The students were awesome. they cooked fast, and looked to their head chef for encouragement. He (the chef) tried to encouraged his students, but he seemed distracted. He was running around in the bushes somewhere. What he was looking for, I don't know (mystery meat maybe?). His students seemed lost without him, but still did a good job.
    Then the first school came on. They were tight! They all cooked in unison, and were led in singing happy chef songs by my...uh, I mean their, head chef. He encouraged them to look inward for their cooking inspiartion, and to obey the five second rule.
    Everybody walked away from the demo happy and full, but my schoo....I mean, the first school that went second was obviously better than the second school that went first.

Weird Huh?