Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Wong Ha disciples here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    I am his First non Chinese student back in 1958 through early 1969. We founded the Ord Street School in 1961. FYI.

I am still active and teach only very advanced students,privately.
    really?

That's great!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    really?

That's great!

lol.......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    I am his First non Chinese student back in 1958 through early 1969. We founded the Ord Street School in 1961. FYI.

I am still active and teach only very advanced students,privately.
    I think it goes without say that this post is completely not relevent to the thread.

Then...why did I just say it?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_silk View Post
    I think it goes without say that this post is completely not relevent to the thread.

Then...why did I just say it?
    shhhh, I think Jim is getting up in years maybe.
    No offense Jim. It happens to us all eventually.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    ... It happens to us all eventually.
    Let us hope so.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Carrying this delightful tangent further:
    In his later years, Bob Hope used to crash tv talk shows when he got bored. He just assumed everyone would be glad to see him.

It's kinda like that. Jim is an honored elder statesman of the arts and can put his comments in wherever he likes. I'll only complain when he stops dropping in.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by firepalm View Post
    Wong Ha disciples in Vancouver as CLF Nole mentioned, you have Sifu Hilbert Yiu and the two female students Hailey & Carmen (in Richmond). You also have;

Peter Wong - teaching in Chinatown out of the Hon Hsing Athletic Ass'n & the Chau Luen Society.

Paul Tam - took over the Richmond branch of Hilbert Yiu's school. Now known as CLF Canada / Gong Jan.

Tony Lee - North Burnaby

Gary Seto - North Burnaby

Mathew Wing @ the Strathcona Community Center near Chinatown.

Lam Dat - teaching at the Lum Society in Chinatown.

Hope this helps.
    Firepalm are any other Bak Mei schools in town? http://www.bakmei.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Firepalm are any other Bak Mei schools in town? http://www.bakmei.ca/
    That would be Wilkie Wu, most prominent Bak Mei teacher in town. There are two other Bak Mei persons; Alex Towe & Tony Towe but they are not actively teaching.

Bak Mei has two sister styles; Loong Ying & Yau Kung Mun which can be found in Vancouver. They are very similar to Bak Mei & have a few similar forms.

There is the sister style Loong Ying (sometimes referred to as Dragon Sign or Dragon Style) taught by Neil Chan & Ritchie Chow in Kerrisdale Community Center. Neil is affliated with Wilkie Wu as Neil also studied some Bak Mei.

There is a fellow named Patrick, can't remember last name that typically shows up to open tournaments & point spars that does Bak Mei as well.

You also have the Yau Kung Mun people another sister style to Bak Mei. Originally there were three brothers teaching it; Eugene, John & Danny. To the best of my knowledge only Danny is still active.
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Hi guys,

i know sometimes names of teachers and the clubs they are associated with are easy to get, contacting them isnt always that easy = /

two names that came up in this thread are Sifu Parry Fung of the Tony Jay Bok Tong lineage and Sifu Peter Wong of the Wong Ha lineage.

I know train under both so if anyone is looking for contact info, you can email me at

tan.m604@gmail.com

= )

new website for our school.

VancouverCLF.com

on that new fangled social media as well

Twitter
    @vancouverclf

you can find me personally @ninjaccountant
    VancouverCLF.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugvc3M4hwac&NR=1

So I think Wong Ha learned from Chan Yu Chi, if this is correct does that mean the master in the video is direct brothers with Wong Ha flavor of CLF?. Doing this research on the fly I'm hoping to impress my friend by unearthing rare CLF video's online...I have all the free time in the world and my dude is pretty busy

help, lol
    This clip showed Sifu Li Iu-Ling who was a Si-Hing of Wong Ha, they both studied with Chan Yiu-Chi. If you want to know how Chan Yiu-Chi would moved like, then look to his Grandson Chen Yong-Fa, this I was told by elders from Guangzhou who knew both of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxZo...eature=related

Thanks EJ I always enjoy CYF clips.

Thumbs up Nice

Thank you, very nice.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugvc3M4hwac&NR=1

So I think Wong Ha learned from Chan Yu Chi, if this is correct does that mean the master in the video is direct brothers with Wong Ha flavor of CLF?. Doing this research on the fly I'm hoping to impress my friend by unearthing rare CLF video's online...I have all the free time in the world and my dude is pretty busy

help, lol
    Ironically enough I think the half of the moves that Grandmaster Li Iu Ling is demo-ing in the video is from Lohan Men System which he also studied.

Outside crescent kick, jumping snap, and lohan Tiger Strike pose (their school do it differently from mine).

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_silk View Post
    Ironically enough I think the half of the moves that Grandmaster Li Iu Ling is demo-ing in the video is from Lohan Men System which he also studied.

Outside crescent kick, jumping snap, and lohan Tiger Strike pose (their school do it differently from mine).

Just an observation.
    You are wrong Iron Silk, he is showing part of ng lun choy