Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Wong Ha disciples here?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZA View Post
    You are wrong Iron Silk, he is showing part of ng lun choy
    I can very well be wrong.

I have also learned Ng Lun Choy and seen other variations (as well a few CLF forms) but rarely (at least none that I recall) have outside crescent kick or jumping snap kick.

His pose is Lohan Tiger Stike pose since GM Li Iu Ling (and his students) have posed of a few photos with that pose in caption on their website. They very much look the same and like I have said it's not commonly found in CLF in that pose.

If you have a video online that highlight those moves in Ng Lun Choy I would love to see. Perhaps it was added in different lineages.

The other moves GM Li Iu Ling demonstrated can very much be CLF I don't doubt that.

Thanks for responding.

Doesn't resemble any ng lun choy I know or have seen either. Looks to me like he is just playing different techniques.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't resemble any ng lun choy I know or have seen either. Looks to me like he is just playing different techniques.
    Thats exactly what i thought. he wasn't doing a form, but he was demonstrating what may be some of his favorite techniques. and this techniques are definitely not found in Ng Lung Choy
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I was referring to the first moves, the crescent and lohan posture is for the picture ( I think)
    The moves are larj jaap sau giuk darn na. The difference with ng lun choy is that the last move is done with a dart choy

I was referring to the first moves, the crescent and lohan posture is for the picture ( I think)
    The moves are larj jaap sau giuk darn na. The difference with ng lun choy is that the last move is done with a dart choy
    So how was I wrong then?

I didn't say all the moves he did was from Lohan.

Sorry Iron If I sound rude, I just wanted to state he was doing CLF.
    Peace brother

That combo he does can be seen in a variety of CLF sets but he is just doing it as a demo combo obviously. That series of moves is seen in a few different styles with slight variations of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2yI...eature=related
    look @ 1:29. Master Chen Yong Fa doing it slow and with a fist at the end.

Sorry Iron If I sound rude, I just wanted to state he was doing CLF.
    Peace brother
    That is okay.

I never disputed that he was doing CLF.

I just wanted to make an observation that he also included some techniques from lohan system. The lohan system from Sun Yu Feng is somewhat rare as the much of the forms have been lost over time.

You can read more about it on Grandmaster Li Iu Ling's website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2yI...eature=related
    look @ 1:29. Master Chen Yong Fa doing it slow and with a fist at the end.
    Very cool.

I practiced CLF when I was very young with Grandmaster Wong Ha. Too bad I wasn't into kung fu back then and didn't really dedicate myself.

I remember Grandmaster Wong Ha was super nice and when I was practicing my form he would sneak up from behind and wait for me to turn around to attack me(without contact).

I really miss him.