Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union Address

State of the Union Address

Do you think the teleprompter/Obama will use the word "malaise" tonight?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

What ever word he uses, he will place all the blame on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    What ever word he uses, he will place all the blame on someone else.

Actually I doubt he will place the blame firmly where it belongs.. which is on Bush and Comp.

We have an economic problem at home.. but we lack the resources to address it (whether by domestic spending as a Demo would do, or by tax cuts as a Republican would do) because we are pouring huge amounts of money into TWO WARS started half way around the world by the Bush Administration.

The reason for the Federal Government according to our Constitution is to defend against invasion by foreign states (not criminal organizations like Al-Queda.. that's a police problem, not a DoD problem) and insure domestic tranquility.

When we go off half ****ed and invade places we spend a million dollars per soldier, that depletes the resources we have available to deal with domestic problems.

This is why Daddy doesn't use the family emergency fund to buy a corvette. Because someone in the family might get sick or lose a job and that emergency fund may be needed to pay the mortgage or buy baby food.

The GOP has lost sight of what should be it's core issues.. National Security (defending the actual Homeland).

National security means that any STATE that looks ready to invade us or does invade is STOMPED. It doesn't mean wasting American blood and treasure on "regime change" and invading others. Certainly not in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Honestly.. this Christmas bomber, even the Twin Towers.. these were really prominent acts of defiance and murder, but they are not the same as Japan bombing Pearl Harbor.

One is the sort of thing you put a bounty out for the people responsible. The other you bomb them till they glow in the dark.

America got it's priorities crossed between 2000 and 2008, and now the GOP prefers to pretend these mistakes in foreign policy don't tie the hands of the people trying to deal with the domestic issues.

Too bad no one told Daddy Bush not to buy the corvette with little Sally's braces money.
    Last edited by dimethylsea; 01-27-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

You can't really blame Bush for that.

Let's face it. Here's a man that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. He never had to worry about paying the rent, being afraid he car would break down or where his next meal was coming from. He always had money to do whatever he wanted and he always got whatever he wanted.

A man like that has no concept of what it's like to worry that your family may not have enough to eat. He didn't know any better and was not smart enough to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Let's face it. Here's a man that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. He never had to worry about paying the rent, being afraid he car would break down or where his next meal was coming from. He always had money to do whatever he wanted and he always got whatever he wanted.

A man like that has no concept of what it's like to worry that your family may not have enough to eat. He didn't know any better and was not smart enough to figure it out.
    Sounds alot like Al Gore.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Actually I doubt he will place the blame firmly where it belongs.. which is on Bush and Comp.
    He's been doing it for the past two years already. Have you been under a rock or something?

None of you Bush bashers have yet answered my question: When does the economy become Obama's economy?

It's Obama's economy now. Just like it was FDR's economy. As with FDR it was left in such bad shape you simply can'r snap your fingers and make it better.

I know you teabagger think in simplistic terms but in real life things don't turn on a dime.

It's Obama's economy now.
    So, the current 10% unemployment is his doing. Thank you.

And judging by the numbers so far, next month it should be even higher....

I'm sure Obama will take full responsibility for whatever is going on. That comes with the job. As soon as he took the oath he was responsible for everything.

This is something teabaggers should acknowledge when talking about how easily the WTC was attacked.

I'm sure Obama will take full responsibility for whatever is going on. That comes with the job. As soon as he took the oath he was responsible for everything.

This is something teabaggers should acknowledge when talking about how easily the WTC was attacked.
    Bush did say he was gonna fix the security problems. Considering he went another 7 years without another successful (for the terrorists) domestic terror incident, I think he was successful. Clinton on the other hand....

Yep! I'm sure the 3K people who died in that take comfort that there hasn't been another one!

I guess you just forgot about the anthax attacks...not surprising.

Neither is spending billions and putting guards around the hen house long after the wolf has killed all of your chickens.

Yep! I'm sure the 3K people who died in that take comfort that there hasn't been another one!

I guess you just forgot about the anthax attacks...not surprising.
    They know their loved ones deaths meant something. Steps were taken to protect America, and they worked.

The anthrax attacks were not successful. Read my posts, and try to comprehend them.

So what's the teabagger plan for the State of the Union?

How long will Obama get into his speech before the insults start coming from members of congress? I can just imagine they will get very creative!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Bush did say he was gonna fix the security problems. Considering he went another 7 years without another successful (for the terrorists) domestic terror incident, I think he was successful. Clinton on the other hand....
    2001 Anthrax attacks: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

"Attorney General John Ashcroft said in a briefing on October 16, 'When people send anthrax through the mail to hurt people and invoke terror, it’s a terrorist act.'"

2002 attack against El Al ticket counter at LAX: http://www.justice.gov/ag/annualrepo...4/P2/p02-3.pdf

"On July 4, 2002, Hesham Mohamed Ali Hedayat, an Egyptian immigrant, shot random victims who stood in line at the ticket counter of El Al Israeli National Airlines at the Los Angeles International Airport. During this attack, two other persons were killed before Hedayat was killed by the security officer on duty. Subsequent to a worldwide investigation regarding the attack, it was determined that Hadayet’s religious and political beliefs were the primary motivation for the attack, and not personal revenge. Thus, pursuant to these investigative findings, this case was officially designated as an act of international terrorism."

2002 DC-area sniper: http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/s...02802pwind.pdf

"THE GRAND JURY for the 31st Judicial Circuit, comprising the County of Prince William and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park, charges that on or about October 9, 2002, in the aforesaid Judicial Circuit, the accused, JOHN ALLEN MUHAMMAD a/k/a JOHN ALLEN WILLIAMS, did feloniously, willfully, deliberately and premeditatedly kill and murder Dean Meyers, in the commission of or attempted commission of an act of terrorism with ths intent to intimidate the civilian population at large, or to influence the conduct or activities of the government of the United States, a state or locality through intimidation, in violation of Virginia Code Section 18.2-31(13) and 18.2-46.4."

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    The anthrax attacks were not successful. Read my posts, and try to comprehend them.
    5 people died. That's not a successful attack?

http://www.fbi.gov/anthrax/amerithraxlinks.htm

"Soon after the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01, letters laced with anthrax began appearing in the U.S. mail. Five Americans were killed, 17 were sickened, and the nation was terrorized in what became the worst biological attacks in U.S. history."