Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: State of the Union Address

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    If it was a factor, it was a cause. I never said it was the only cause (as my earlier post demonstrates). You have been saying that President Bush's policies had nothing to do with the economic meltdown. I see you have now changed your position.

Was that so hard?
    Are you saying it was ALL his fault or ALL the fault of his policies? I just want to see where you stand.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So do you honestly think the Democrat controlled House was gonna approve it? Frank was the House Banking Committee Chairman, and he openly said he was against it! And the Democrats (Nancy Pelosi) controlled the House agenda.

I bet it was a case of the Senate saying basically 'Why bother. Even if it passed here, its DOA in the House'.
    Um...back in 2005 the Republicans were the majority party in the House. The Democrats did not take over until after the 2006 elections.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Are you saying it was ALL his fault or ALL the fault of his policies? I just want to see where you stand.
    I never said or implied either. Read my earlier post that lays out the apportionment of blame.

Um...back in 2005 the Republicans were the majority party in the House. The Democrats did not take over until after the 2006 elections.
    Lokks like he's got ya there!

No matter through, it really doesn't matter which party is in control.

I stand corrected. But again, the Republicans had a slight advantage in the House and Senate. Yet Obama had a filibuster-proof Democrat Senate and a 40+ seat majority in the House.

So my point still stands, considering Obama could not get healthcare through Congress with a much larger majority than Bush had, how is it Bush's fault the proposed legislation never passed Congress?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    No matter through, it really doesn't matter which party is in control.
    Be quiet. Rational adults are having a dicussion/debate.

I never said or implied either. Read my earlier post that lays out the apportionment of blame.
    So some of the fault lies with the Democrats in Congress, correct?

Remember, I'm on record for saying Bush did spend too much money.