Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union Address

It's scary when a President looks right at the Supreme Court justices and says in effect 'You will not stand in my way. I will circumvent you.' Saying the law will not stand in your way is something some very nasty people through history have said.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot. If the Supreme Court had told Bush that the Patriot Act was unconstitutional and he then went and addressed a Republican Congress and said to the Supreme Court, 'We will just pass another Patriot Act despite you', you liberals would have been up in arms.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Has Barry ever had a real job?
    Funny you should ask that, as I was gonna post this today.

J.P. Morgan showed the percent of private sector experience of every Cabinet since Teddy Roosevelt. Some were pretty high, Eisenhower was just under 60%. Reagan and Wilson were over 50%. Carter, Kennedy, and Clinton were lower, Kennedy just under 30%, and the other two just over 30%. Obama was the lowest, he came in at 8%.

Link with the J.P. Morgan data:
    http://blog.american.com/?p=7572

In short, they are trying to fix something very few of them have experience in. It's an accident waiting to happen.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Wanna get rid of me once and for all BD?

If so, put your money where your mouth is. Obama said last night the worst is behind us. I disagree. My bet is that unemployment will not fall below 8% by the November elections if he gets the unemployment extensions he wants.

You game?
    It could very well be over 8% by November.

I really don't think you understand just how F'd up the economy was. Obama just can't snap his fingers and make everything better.

It took FDR the better part of a decade. All Obama can do is to instigate his policy, tweak it along the way and not bend to short term neos who yell that the sky is falling.

Gays in the military........BS issue

To start with gay people should be thankful they are not welcomed. I'm guessing they no more want to die in Iraq (Probably shot in the back by a straight soldier) than anyone else.

I would like to see a tightening of the policy. Kick out the gays, liberals, blacks, Indians and many others.

It's amazing after 8yrs of Bush destroying this economy and dropping us into record debt in record time and almost another "GREAT" depression. That his followers want to jump on Obama and say when is he gonna fix Bush's phuck up's?

You watched Bush destroy us for 8yrs and you honestly sit there with serious faces and ask why hasn't Obama fixed everything in just 1yr?

You know what he told it like it was last night whether you agree or not. He came into office after sh!t had already hit the fan and was crashing. You have to stop the crashing first to level things off. You expect so much from this man in 1yr. Yet you sat back for 8yrs and let Bush lead us into the same pitfall you want Obama to dig us out of in 1yr.

Everything you guys are trying to hang on Obama didn't just start or begin in the last yr. These things are a result of BUSH!

Just like he said you're gonna have people looking to point fingers and try to hide the obvious instead of trying to cross lines and make this country better. You guy's are idiots! Enough with the BS come up with something better or keep pushing it to the next administration like we've done forever...
    Last edited by jmd161; 01-28-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    It could very well be over 8% by November.
    So are you gonna man up and take the bet?

Just think, you can spread your drivel all over this site and 1bad65 wont be there to source data that shows you are an idiot!

And if you take me up, I'll PM Gene. I'm serious about this. I have over 6,000 posts on this site. I love it here. And I'm willing to put up losing that to show you I believe my beliefs are right. Are you that confident in your beliefs? I'm thinking you arent....

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    It's amazing after 8yrs of Bush destroying this economy and dropping us into record debt in record time and almost another "GREAT" depression. That his followers want to jump on Obama and say when is he gonna fix Bush's phuck up's?
    Jan 2009 US unemployment rate : 7.6%
    Current US unemployment rate: 10.0%

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    You watched Bush destroy us for 8yrs and you honestly sit there with serious faces and ask why hasn't Obama fixed everything in just 1yr?
    If BD punks out, you wanna take the ban bet?

BTW, by the time November rolls around, Obama will have had almost 2 years to fix it.

I'm betting neither of you will take that bet because you know I'm right.

If BD punks out, you wanna take the ban bet?

BTW, by the time November rolls around, Obama will have had almost 2 years to fix it.

I'm betting neither of you will take that bet because you know I'm right.
    Wow so he's supposed to stop 8yrs of bleeding in almost 2 then?

He's supposed to be Doogie Houser boy wonder huh?
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun

Jan 2009 US unemployment rate : 7.6%
    Current US unemployment rate: 10.0%

So after 8yrs of dropping it was supposed to just turn because Obama was elected?

Are you serious?

With all the companies that had to shut their doors because of the economy where do you think all those employees where supposed to go?

Of course un-employment went up DUH!!!!

jeff
    Last edited by jmd161; 01-28-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun

So are you gonna man up and take the bet?

Just think, you can spread your drivel all over this site and 1bad65 wont be there to source data that shows you are an idiot!

And if you take me up, I'll PM Gene. I'm serious about this. I have over 6,000 posts on this site. I love it here. And I'm willing to put up losing that to show you I believe my beliefs are right. Are you that confident in your beliefs? I'm thinking you arent....
    Apparently you can't read. I think there is a very good chance unemployment will be over 8% in November. Which part of that did you not understand?

It's scary when a President looks right at the Supreme Court justices and says in effect 'You will not stand in my way. I will circumvent you.' Saying the law will not stand in your way is something some very nasty people through history have said.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot. If the Supreme Court had told Bush that the Patriot Act was unconstitutional and he then went and addressed a Republican Congress and said to the Supreme Court, 'We will just pass another Patriot Act despite you', you liberals would have been up in arms.

If the Supreme Court had ruled that blacks were subhuman and could not vote I certainly hope the President would have stood up to them in the state of the union address.

Ruling that artificial persons can directly influence elections is a matter of that kind of gravity.

You should realize this man.. what happens when a Chinese front corporation or a Saudi oil-magnate decides they want a senator from a state where a defense industry is located who is super weak on national defense?

That decision is a direct body-slam to our national security interests!!!

Honestly I'd rather have the Patriot act than Citizens United vs. the FEC.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    If the Supreme Court had ruled that blacks were subhuman and could not vote I certainly hope the President would have stood up to them in the state of the union address.

Ruling that artificial persons can directly influence elections is a matter of that kind of gravity.

You should realize this man.. what happens when a Chinese front corporation or a Saudi oil-magnate decides they want a senator from a state where a defense industry is located who is super weak on national defense?

That decision is a direct body-slam to our national security interests!!!

Honestly I'd rather have the Patriot act than Citizens United vs. the FEC.
    But the Supreme Court did not rule blacks (or Darkies as BD call them) were subhuman, so that part is moot. And ridiculous.

What is an "artificial person"? You must also be like Obama and be clueless about the private sector. Corporations are made up of individul investors, or.... Americans! When you limit corporations free speech, you are in effect limiting the people's free speech. And its against EVERYTHING our Constitution stands for.

Also, the Supreme Court ruling did not say it was ok for foreigners to contribute. It only addressed American labor unions and corporations. The law still bars foreigners from donating, the Supreme Court did not rule that part was unconstitutional. Obama was lying through his teeth when he said that, sadly you believed him.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 01-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.

So neither of you guys have the faith that your guy can get unemployment to 8% in two years? That's pathetic.

FYI, unemployment was 7.6% when Bush left. If Obama got it down to 8% I would still lose and 8% is still higher than Bush had it!

FYI, Reagan had cut the RECORD inflation rate under Carter in half in two years. Yet you guys won't bet that Obama can get unemployment to 8% in two years, which is still higher than when he took office!