Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Master Cheuk Fung on Yi Chuan

I need more pictures of scantily clad ladies to make up for my looking at this site. Paul? Please deliver...

He has all the abilities and training theory. And he has rudimentary ability in application and push hands...maybe he's just not gotten to the final level to make it all work? His students' overexaggeration is not helping his sense of reality. He has the set up, but the Fa Jing part cannot be done in the manner shown.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    If one were to seek a similar strategy in accessing the qigong/yiquan technology of repulsing opponents as above, there is no one in hell who can document it in an objective manner. It is a great parlour trick for the many and the few (with some skill) would not care to divulge said secrets.

In my limited experience with Yiquan.

1, Qigong which most think and Yiquan technology are very different thing. Mix Yiquan up with Taiji...qigong or even hard qigong is totally misleading.

2, In Yiquan one dont talk about Qi. Thus, what was reported in the Bullshido above is off the point. it is not the Qi which blast. it is the body mechanics after lots and lots of training could be triggle by intention which makes this style extremely powerful with fast response time. practically every inch comes to contact can deriver.

3, There is no Qi blast power. But there is Yiquan six directional force vectors which is an extremely strong power generation and capable of very short range explosive power generation if one really have the training.

Basically, if one has never expose to these mechanics, with one's general concept or martial art background, one will not be able to concieve the posibility of such power and its mechanics.

Wang Xian-Zai the founder of Yiquan was a master of these mechanics which are kept secret of some ancient chinese martial art style. Why it is a secrete? it is a secrete because once one knows the key one's ability in that area will atleast double. and certainly how much power one could deliver after that is depend on one's training. however, knowing and not knowing the key makes heaven and hell different.

A simple example of this is : every one talk about Taijichuan : rooting ,using body mechanics....., everyone talk about fajin in taijichuan, and some can write books and books with their un ended imagination and fantasy. but how many really can fajin? not those explain and theory but real deal and crispy snap at anytime and any place as one likes it? Not many.

So why is that? IMHO, that is because all those root, using body mechanics.....talk are just talk. as soon as they doesnt know the real process. there is nothing they can do but talk. and then when they try to fajin, they just push and brute force, those are not the elegant jin.

Sifu Fung himself has the training, his sifu Han is a real deal. From the clip if one knows what to look knows what is sifu Fung doing.

however if sifu Fung reveal the training to his students that is his own right because they are his students.

If you want to visit sifu Fung asked him about the six directional forces. Dont ask him the stupid question of Qi blast. That way, at least he knows you are a real deal instead of some self rigtheous blindman which dont know what you are dealing with but with a big mouth.

As the art of War said, one needs to know one's opponent's weapon. and one will hide one's own strength. going to a Yiquan practitioner and asking Qi blast is inviting BS response instead of bottom line. If I were the person visit some Yiquan masters, my questions will be how strong have you attain your six directional force? could you please show me? if he is willing to show me, great. if he is not willing fine, for I need to respect others' will. why talk garbage? go for blood.

I always like Mas Oyama's Kyokushin philosophy, between two Bows of respect show the real things one can do. and dont talk BS after that.

just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-26-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Well Ive not got limited yiquan experience, I've got extensive experience, and I say 'Master' Fung is a total fraud.

Part of the problem with yiquan, as with all Chinese martial arts, is things get exaggerated beyond all reason. Yiquan training is unusual in some respects - such as the standing posture and slow movement, but there are entirely physiological reasons for doing it... the thing is, the result is not amazing power beyond all imagining, just a fairly straight forwards development of power that comes from using your body better. There are plenty of other ways of developing power too.

What Master Fung does is just fraud, pure and simple. Yiquan especially has several components, and without, for example, those components that include serious combat training - sparring, wrestling, realistic/purposeful push hands - and indeed fitness and conditioning, the rest of it doesn't gel together to make anything much at all. If it did, yiquan guys wouldn't have been adding in stuff like boxing and running from the beginning.

Yiquan is nothing mystical at all - just straightforwards martial arts training. It requires tons of sparring, and real contact training, very much like MMA - it's just that it also includes zhan zhuang, shi li, mocabu, tui shou, to develop integrated body movement and improved motor control connection between brain and body. Unfortunately, like the poster above, most people have no idea of the reality of things like multi-directional force, and so the name itself causes them to think of it in over-blown terms, when the reality is something actually very simple, but the name itselfleads one to appoint over-blown expectations. A sure sign, however, of someone who knows zero about the realityof Yiquan is that they'll use yiquan theory to support the totally fraudulent BS of people like Fung.

Unfortunately, many people, like the poster above, are 'negative devotees' who pretend to be supporters of Yiquan whilst damging its reputation. It's an absoloute, unquestionable fact that people like Wang Xiang Zhai and Zhao Dao Xin, specifically, explicitly, not only repudiated, rejected and heavily criticised fraudulent 'masters' like Fung, but actually used to go to their classes and challenge them to prove their BS.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

Sifu Fung himself has the training, his sifu Han is a real deal. From the clip if one knows what to look knows what is sifu Fung doing.
    It's just a fantasy that you live in. You need to go and read 'The Emperor's New CLothes' to understand just exactly how this con works. Yes, yes, you're special... only you can see the new clothes/what is really going on.

I live thousands of miles away from Fung, and all you you cult devotee frauds, on another continent - but you can be sure, If I ever get within 100 miles of you, I'll personally come round and debunk this, in the name of Yiquan itself.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    It's just a fantasy that you live in. You need to go and read 'The Emperor's New CLothes' to understand just exactly how this con works. Yes, yes, you're special... only you can see the new clothes/what is really going on.

I live thousands of miles away from Fung, and all you you cult devotee frauds, on another continent - but you can be sure, If I ever get within 100 miles of you, I'll personally come round and debunk this, in the name of Yiquan itself.

Ok,

You want to play expert. sure.

where is Sifu Fung's power generate from when he actually using it within the clip. and how is that link to the six directional force and how to do it?

I expect you to be able to answer that otherwise your speculation is nice but just speculation because you dont know.

Aslo, since you claim you have extended experience in Yiquan, where and who do you learn your Yiquan? and have you met sifu Fung?

one needs to be reasonable when posting a critics.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-26-2010 at 09:56 AM.

I need more pictures of scantily clad ladies to make up for my looking at this site. Paul? Please deliver...
    It's all about the chi !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ok,

where is Sifu Fung's power generate from when he actually using it within the clip. and how is that link to the six directional force and how to do it?

I expect you to be able to answer that otherwise your speculation is nice but just speculation because you dont know.

Aslo, since you claim you have extended experience in Yiquan, where and who do you learn your Yiquan? and have you met sifu Fung?

Hendrik? Did you forget to take your "Don't Be Crazy" pills again!

All you do here is speculate about what you know nothing about!

I have a really really really good idea, since you fancy YOURSELF an expert on things you know nothing about.....

How about you go first and bless us with your insights and then let others insult you?
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 03-26-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Its all about the core !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ok,

you honestly think he can really do that to people who don't allow him to, that his students aren't just entrained because they are invested in the belief that he can do it? the fact that he wouldn't do it to an "outsider" should tell you everything; the man is full of BS, it has nothing to do with whether it's "qi" or "six directions" or whatever - let him try that silliness on someone who isn't his student and you'll see exactly how ridiculous what he claims is;

if u think that stuf is for real, u ar as looney as a Canadian dollar...

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    Well Ive not got limited yiquan experience, I've got extensive experience, and I say 'Master' Fung is a total fraud.

Part of the problem with yiquan, as with all Chinese martial arts, is things get exaggerated beyond all reason. Yiquan training is unusual in some respects - such as the standing posture and slow movement, but there are entirely physiological reasons for doing it... the thing is, the result is not amazing power beyond all imagining, just a fairly straight forwards development of power that comes from using your body better. There are plenty of other ways of developing power too.

What Master Fung does is just fraud, pure and simple. Yiquan especially has several components, and without, for example, those components that include serious combat training - sparring, wrestling, realistic/purposeful push hands - and indeed fitness and conditioning, the rest of it doesn't gel together to make anything much at all. If it did, yiquan guys wouldn't have been adding in stuff like boxing and running from the beginning.

Yiquan is nothing mystical at all - just straightforwards martial arts training. It requires tons of sparring, and real contact training, very much like MMA - it's just that it also includes zhan zhuang, shi li, mocabu, tui shou, to develop integrated body movement and improved motor control connection between brain and body. Unfortunately, like the poster above, most people have no idea of the reality of things like multi-directional force, and so the name itself causes them to think of it in over-blown terms, when the reality is something actually very simple, but the name itselfleads one to appoint over-blown expectations. A sure sign, however, of someone who knows zero about the realityof Yiquan is that they'll use yiquan theory to support the totally fraudulent BS of people like Fung.

Unfortunately, many people, like the poster above, are 'negative devotees' who pretend to be supporters of Yiquan whilst damging its reputation. It's an absoloute, unquestionable fact that people like Wang Xiang Zhai and Zhao Dao Xin, specifically, explicitly, not only repudiated, rejected and heavily criticised fraudulent 'masters' like Fung, but actually used to go to their classes and challenge them to prove their BS.
    QFT!!!

well-said, sir...

and here's a well-known reminder of what happens when fantasy meets reality...

Thanks for the pics Paul. LOL!

Again, my assessment is he's got some real skills, but not showing it and his students are overexaggerating the power of his Fa Jin. Its all there - the sticking, the set up, but the absorption of power must go through his stance and then that is the origination of his Fa Jin, as should be.

He's not the phony people are shouting about, but his demo is not doing his art justice.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post

Again, my assessment is he's got some real skills, but not showing it and his students are overexaggerating the power of his Fa Jin. Its all there - the sticking, the set up, but the absorption of power must go through his stance and then that is the origination of his Fa Jin, as should be.

He's not the phony people are shouting about, but his demo is not doing his art justice.

Robert,

I totally agree with you. I think martial arts group often turns into Cults.

As for how to seperate the art with the cult is a big issue. and the reason I bring up the Six directional force is it is clueless to go see a Yiquan master and ask him about Qi blast where WXZ himself intended to get rid or do away of the Chinese Qi blast fantasy in his era.

I think the clips are just promo or show business as most of the martial arts schoold done.
    So, nothing to bad mouth about because that is the Entertainment side of the promotion.

bad mouthing others while one is doing or one's sifu is doing the same is just ridiculous.

As I post above, everyone talk fajin but can one do it or know the basic process. if not what to bad mouth others?

Just some thoughts

it's sorta like saying he takes his acupuncture needles out of the package, preps the skin with an alcohol pad, sets himself up to needle the point and then misses the patient entirely (or something like that );

you don't think it's unethical that he's allowing his students to react the way they do? instead of teaching them to defend themselves, he'd feeding their delusionary projections;

just out of curiosity, did you ever do any pushing w/Sat when you studied w/him? just as a common reference, if so...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 03-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.

I think people are confusing Fa Jing with Fa King!