Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with Master Cheuk Fung on Yi Chuan

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    it's sorta like saying he takes his acupuncture needles out of the package, preps the skin with an alcohol pad, sets himself up to needle the point and then misses the patient entirely (or something like that );
    I have no explanation of why he's doing it like that...maybe too much Hollywood? Perhaps some of his mentors? Maybe its just a show for entertainment? A throwback to snake oil sales? Wang Xiang Zhai was not like that.

you don't think it's unethical that he's allowing his students to react the way they do? instead of teaching them to defend themselves, he'd feeding their delusionary projections;
    I think its not proper to have his students react in that way. Its not honest. I am not defending him, I am just seeing it for what it is. I believe he has some skills, but this demo takes away from that.

just out of curiosity, did you ever do any pushing w/Sat when you studied w/him? just as a common reference, if so...
    I never studied with Sat. I just met him when he gave a lecture. We never touched hands.

Robert,

as you know this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

Sorry I said, this is also just promo demo.

For those who Dont believe me, go use the same mechanics in the real life and see does it works or not at all.

For me, in the west,

Different people using different way of packaging for their own promotion.
    Some using mysticism.
    Some using religious.
    Some using western acceptable philosophy.
    Some using western accedptable art way.
    Some using Big Name......etc

So, the follower think their sifu's way is the way, not to knowing what their sifu shows them are some basic internal art and lots of western acceptable packaging.

Based on everyone's like and dislike, one select a particular "cults." and think they got the truth. but non of these attain any advance level but just "pop Song".

All of us are guilty of these type of stuffs.

Thus, there is not much different between one cult to other cults. it is all sugar coating in the way one likes with not much content in general; Be it our's or others' cult. playing self-rigtheous based on our own cult is just only to show our own ignorance.

The following is the real deal as you know. it is a mainland China central TV program re-broacast of a true grandmaster who serve and influence both the people and upper level of Chinese gorvenment officials.

It is not western art like or western translation of eastern philosophical like of packaging but as it is.

Also, pay attention of how the Chinese place the important of Transmission and Attainment. Not just read some books and make lots of claim. one needs to know the details process and get the result.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ygKyzYr_C98/

For those who have never see the real deal. Enjoy and hope you benifit.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-27-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Have you ever play with one of these suspended steel balls pictured below? Huang's demonstration is a bit like this, he gets his students to push hard and stiff like a steel ball (look how straight and stiff are the arms and the legs of the students) and he can do anything with them, but against an expert, not a chance.