Thread: Anyone practice...

Anyone practice...

sperm retention?

Difficult for you or no?

why do u want to practice this?

I'm told a man while lose chi upon ejaculation.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    I'm told a man while lose chi upon ejaculation.
    well, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, do you?
    I would say so.

(The room falls silent.)

that's interesting; how, exactly, do u know u are loosing "chi" (especially when semen is technically defined as "jing" in TCM)? sound pretty subjective; if u feel depleted after ejaculation, welcome to the world of normal physiology;

but if u r really he1l bent on "preserving" something via retrograde ejaculation (the medical term), u can simply apply pressure with your finger on the perineum during orgasm and it will push the semen back into the bladder; it may feel slightly to very uncomfortable the first one or several times;

u will probably experience a decreased refractory period (go look it up), but that's about it; and ur urine may be cloudy;

if u really like doing it, then u can practice using ur PC muscles to do it but that is more difficult and takes a while; the manual method is quick and easy and takes no time investment;

otherwise, there's really no point, IMPO; and personally, I do not recommend you do this, I am simply describing what u can read just about anywhere; overall, it's pretty much Taoist mumbo;

that's interesting; how, exactly, do u know u are loosing "chi" (especially when semen is technically defined as "jing" in TCM)? sound pretty subjective; if u feel depleted after ejaculation, welcome to the world of normal physiology;

but if u r really he1l bent on "preserving" something via retrograde ejaculation (the medical term), u can simply apply pressure with your finger on the perineum during orgasm and it will push the semen back into the bladder; it may feel slightly to very uncomfortable the first one or several times;

u will probably experience a decreased refractory period (go look it up), but that's about it; and ur urine may be cloudy;

if u really like doing it, then u can practice using ur PC muscles to do it but that is more difficult and takes a while; the manual method is quick and easy and takes no time investment;

otherwise, there's really no point, IMPO; and personally, I do not recommend you do this, I am simply describing what u can read just about anywhere; overall, it's pretty much Taoist mumbo;
    Hell, chi is lost when you sweat supposedly, are you going to stop sweating too? Just saying...
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Hell, chi is lost when you sweat supposedly, are you going to stop sweating too? Just saying...
    exactly...

Don't forget that chi is also lost when you exhale.....

...and when you specubate!

it's pretty much Taoist mumbo;
    That's exactly what I've been wondering.

In western terms, what causes the aftermath of weakness and slightly clouded mind?

Someone told me if I do feel I'm loosing chi in the aftermath... then I should... "BREATH".

In western terms, what causes the aftermath of weakness and slightly clouded mind?
    as I said before, "refractory period"; go look it up

sperm retention?

Difficult for you or no?
    Did it during certain periods of IP and Iron body methods.
    Not very difficult at all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

That's exactly what I've been wondering.

Someone told me if I do feel I'm loosing chi in the aftermath... then I should... "BREATH".
    It is your parasympathetic system kicking in, and it does make one feel washed out, tired and want to sleep. So you can see how the ancients would interpret it as loss of Chi which is often associated with vitality. In this circumstance vitality can be considered feeling energetic and motivated.

BTW the parasympathetic system can be overcome fairly easily using your will. I have done it so much over the years I feel no loss of motivation and no desire to sleep or relax myself!

as I said before, "refractory period"; go look it up
    Since this is a public forum, this is for those who might be interested:

"Signals are transmitted around the nervous system, along the fibres (axons) of nerve cells, in the form of electrical impulses called action potentials. After an action potential has swept along a single nerve fibre, a second nerve impulse cannot be initiated immediately. Instead a finite time, known as the refractory period, must elapse before another action potential can be generated in response to a further stimulus (such as an electric shock to the nerve). Neurophysiologists sometimes divide this interval into the absolute refractory period, during which a second action potential cannot be elicited, no matter how strong the stimulus, and the relative refractory period, during which a second action potential can be evoked, but only if the stimulus strength is increased.

The refractory period sets a limit on the frequency at which action potentials can be conducted along single nerve fibres. In mammals, the absolute refractory period is about 1 millisecond and the maximum firing frequency is around 1000 impulses per second (although it is rare for fibres to fire naturally at rates above a few hundred per second). Some animals manage faster rates: the Gymnotid electric fish of South America, for example, can transmit impulses at rates of up to 1600 per second.

The refractory period is a consequence of the molecular processes that underlie the action potential. Action potentials are elicited when tiny pores in the nerve cell membrane, known as sodium channels, open up in response to a stimulus. The sodium channels can exist in three different states: closed, open, and inactivated. At rest, the sodium channels are closed. In response to electrical stimulation, the sodium channels open, but they then pass into the inactivated state, in which the pore is closed but the channel is unable to open in response to a further stimulus. It takes some time for the sodium channels to recover from inactivation and return to the closed state, even after the action potential is over and the nerve cell membrane has returned to its resting state. During this time, the nerve is refractory to stimulation. The refractory period thus reflects the time it takes for the sodium channels to recover."

— Frances M. Ashcroft

I believe its called 'DSB' in southern California...or as we like to call it 'Deadly Sperm Buildup'....long known for its martial applications particularly where the fairer sex is involved.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost