Thread: CLF Grandmasters tribute thread

CLF Grandmasters tribute thread

Hello all, please post any video's of CLF professionals showcasing their goods, clips with masters preferably over the age of 50is preferable but if you have clips say like that one with the 11 year old protege who moves like an old man with limited arthritis this would fit the theme for this thread just fine. Awesome, Thanks

oh my computer crashed so i only go online like two hours a day hence my request for links from the forum.

CHEERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugvc3M4hwac&NR=1

Grandmaster Li Iu Ling in action during his 80th birthday in Sydney in 1995.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&oq=chan+yong

http://www.youtube.com/user/FremontWingChun

Blog Entries

Fut San Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut Grand Master Dino Salvatera

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Thanks Frank nice clips...can you tell me the story how Lau Bun decided to change up the Chop Vhoi for the more standard fist which I think Chan Yong Fa calls Tiger Fist?.

Blog Entries
    Actually, its quite possible the Fu Choy or the solid fist could be the original way we in hung sing used it. I know that Professor Lau Bun was here in the states when Chan Ngau Sing died.

anyway....in fut san they also use the closed fist in Yum and Yeung Chop Choy's like we do. So it could very well be the older way. I'm starting to think because of Tam Sam our branches started using the panther fisted chop choy's to stay current.

One story is that professor lau changed it to the solid fist (fu choy) to deal with larger, more sturdy attackers.

another perspective is that when or if you are a Hun Mun related school the closed fist in say like a yueung chop we used the closed fist because it was a secret signal for Unity inside the Hung Mun.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Actually, its quite possible the Fu Choy or the solid fist could be the original way we in hung sing used it. I know that Professor Lau Bun was here in the states when Chan Ngau Sing died.

anyway....in fut san they also use the closed fist in Yum and Yeung Chop Choy's like we do. So it could very well be the older way. I'm starting to think because of Tam Sam our branches started using the panther fisted chop choy's to stay current.

One story is that professor lau changed it to the solid fist (fu choy) to deal with larger, more sturdy attackers.

another perspective is that when or if you are a Hun Mun related school the closed fist in say like a yueung chop we used the closed fist because it was a secret signal for Unity inside the Hung Mun.
    Cool, Thanks...From what my buddy showed me of the chop so far Imo from my limited knowledge on the anatomy of fitness the monks prolly adopted the leopard fist to use once you brake your wrist and knuckles so when you are in war you just stab him with your limp forearm bones connecting with the second digits of the fingers...couldn't be ****ed to look up the med' terminology right now, lol. also I have terrible damage to my power hand from boxing retarded when I was young...the chop fist helps me to relax through footwork as I can extend the tension of my fist in paw formation opposed to what I usually do in boxing with the tight contracted closed fist...chop's a good advanced fist for arthritis!.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Thanks Frank nice clips...can you tell me the story how Lau Bun decided to change up the Chop Vhoi for the more standard fist which I think Chan Yong Fa calls Tiger Fist?.
    frank is indeed correct

sijo tarm sarm was the first to adopt the panther fist shape and use it as a charp chui. and then other schools followed. althought the shape of the hand is same as a pow kune(panther fist). the punches are different.

original charp chui was done with a closed vertical fist