Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts or Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    However you people see absolutely no problem with one of the big mortgage houses going to massive multi-million dollar ad campaign to sway public opinion and politicians?
    Which is worse, being a slave to a large corporation or to a union that confiscates your dues to pay $60,000,000 to a candidate you don't support? A labor union did just that for Obama?

If you are going to let one group pay money it is only fair to let anyone do it!

Just as the Average Joe cannot compete with corporations, neither can he compete with unions! And he has no choice in how his money is spent in either case!

Those are political opinions. Do you not understand the difference between a political and a personal attack?
    Not when you say, and I quote...

"According to you neo teabagger " in reference to me. Thus, everything you say about "neo teabaggers" is also aimed at me, along with your insults to my profession and fellow soldiers, and generally anything that conflicts with your distorted world view.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

My gift to Ward Churchill

Here ya go Ward. These guys can help you.

http://abusedhusbands.org/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    LMAO at you arguing until you know you know you've been bested. Checkmate baby!

But the thought of your big, tough buddy cowering as his mean young wife abuses him will always make me laugh. I wonder if Mike Tyson was that terrified of Robin Givens?

What does this have to do with the Tebow ad?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Which is worse, being a slave to a large corporation or to a union that confiscates your dues to pay $60,000,000 to a candidate you don't support? A labor union did just that for Obama?

If you are going to let one group pay money it is only fair to let anyone do it!

Just as the Average Joe cannot compete with corporations, neither can he compete with unions! And he has no choice in how his money is spent in either case!

What Labor Union paid out 60 mill to any candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Not when you say, and I quote...

"According to you neo teabagger " in reference to me. Thus, everything you say about "neo teabaggers" is also aimed at me, along with your insults to my profession and fellow soldiers, and generally anything that conflicts with your distorted world view.

So everytime I say something about a neo teabagger or something about the military it's directed at you?........ Yes, there's a group of us here that talk about you once we get off this board.

When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Because it's tied into a comment about the massive corporate spending that I mentioned in the opening post.

Actually BD, he was wrong. No labor union gave $60 million to Obama.

They actually gave him $450 million.

"Unions are eager to cash in on all the money and work donated to Obama's campaign to help push him into office. But corporate America has already declared war on labor’s push for new legislation that would help unions organize.

The nation's labor unions have begun a new campaign to get President-Elect Barrack Obama and Congress to pass legislation that would make it easier for workers to unionize.

The A.F.L.-C.I.O. and Change to Win, the rival labor federation, campaigned all out for Mr. Obama, with labor leaders saying that unions and their political action committees spent nearly $450 million during the race and in the last four days of the campaign, 250,000 volunteers from A.F.L.-C.I.O. unions made 5.5 million phone calls and visited 3.9 million union households. All told, he said, unions reached out to more than 13 million voters in 24 states, with some undecided union members being contacted more than 30 times through phone calls, household visits and workplace conversations."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/262160

And by their own admission.

Liberals love free speech when a wife-beating plagiarist like Ward Churchill has the floor. But when someone criticises a liberal, it's time for them to pass new laws restricting free speech. Just more hypocracy from them. It's par for the course.

You're all americans to me, but mostly, your humans. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Because it's tied into a comment about the massive corporate spending that I mentioned in the opening post.
    Big Labor is not a corporation. Nor are they buying Super Bowl time.

It sure looks like you are only ducking certain questions....

Actually BD, he was wrong. No labor union gave $60 million to Obama.

They actually gave him $450 million.

"Unions are eager to cash in on all the money and work donated to Obama's campaign to help push him into office. But corporate America has already declared war on labor’s push for new legislation that would help unions organize.

The nation's labor unions have begun a new campaign to get President-Elect Barrack Obama and Congress to pass legislation that would make it easier for workers to unionize.

The A.F.L.-C.I.O. and Change to Win, the rival labor federation, campaigned all out for Mr. Obama, with labor leaders saying that unions and their political action committees spent nearly $450 million during the race and in the last four days of the campaign, 250,000 volunteers from A.F.L.-C.I.O. unions made 5.5 million phone calls and visited 3.9 million union households. All told, he said, unions reached out to more than 13 million voters in 24 states, with some undecided union members being contacted more than 30 times through phone calls, household visits and workplace conversations."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/262160

And by their own admission.
    How many organizations are you talking about? Considering the statements mentioned All labor Unions and All of there PAC committees I assume the number would be in the thousands. Also it was stated that this money was spent during the race. That's about a two year period and covered all candidates. I still don't see where one Labor Union gave 60 mill to Obama.

Now, the way things are going (one company, Microsoft, Wallmart, whoever) will think nothing of spending that kind of money to get out their message.

Let's remember the Unions spent 450 mill over several years on a multitude of candidates and issues. Just how much will it cost to have Tebow ramble on for 30 seconds on one issue?

You're never short of excuses are you?

Again I ask, were you on the OJ jury?

Fixed that for ya

Let's remember the Unions spent 450 mill over several years on a multitude of Democrat candidates and issues. Just how much will it cost to have Tebow ramble on for 30 seconds on one issue?
    In 2010, the cost of a 30-second commercial on average will be (according to CBS, who will carry the game telecast) approximately US $2.5 million.

In case you didn't know, $2.5 million < $450 million.

Uhhhh...let's get our facts straight boys.......

"In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, Service Employee International Union President Andy Stern had this to say about last year's presidential election....

'We spent a fortune to elect Barack Obama — $60.7 million to be exact — and we're proud of it'."

It might behoove you gentlemen to do some research before you present your arguments/insults to each other!

P.S. The quote is the link to the story!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 01-27-2010 at 02:09 AM.