Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Colts or Saints?

Whats the problem with Tebow and his mom talking about her decision NOT to have an abortion? I really fail to see why this is a big deal. Its 3 million for a 30 second spot they paid the money the NFL says its okay, so what? are folks THAT sensitive that they cant watch a tv commercial with ot getting their panties in a wad?

Would you feel the same way if it was a pro choice group or an anti-war group?

I would. Politics has no place at a sporting event.

I called that one wrong!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I actually watched a little of it this year. To be honest most of the commercials made me want to throw up. The only one I liked was the one that featured that hot goth girl.

For someone who saw The Who as a 13 year old at one of his first concerts I really felt sad watching that halftime show. Did anyone notice that if you were actually in the crowd you were probably too blinded by all the lights to see the guys on stage. That was probably a good idea.

"I hope I die before I get old"...........I don't think Roger and Pete agree with that any more. I was laughing watching this think what if you could carry this video back to 1972 and show it to those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I actually watched a little of it this year. To be honest most of the commercials made me want to throw up. The only one I liked was the one that featured that hot goth girl.

For someone who saw The Who as a 13 year old at one of his first concerts I really felt sad watching that halftime show. Did anyone notice that if you were actually in the crowd you were probably too blinded by all the lights to see the guys on stage. That was probably a good idea.

"I hope I die before I get old"...........I don't think Roger and Pete agree with that any more. I was laughing watching this think what if you could carry this video back to 1972 and show it to those guys.
    Is there anything you *don't* b1tch about?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I think of it as a lone voice crying out in the wilderness!

I should have put money on the Saints

Enjoyed the game. The halftime show had a very cool stage, but Roger struck me as a little too Wayne Newton. I was trying to explain to my kid about the windmill guitar stroke, but gave up.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I was very disappointed at the ads.

I wouldn't have even noticed that Tebow ad if there wasn't such a hubbub about it.

In general, the ads were weak this year. Too many ads with men in their underwear. Also too many ads about henpecked husbands who could only find redemption in Flo TV, sports cars and dove skin lotion (wtf?) Only the Danica Patrick ad was sexy, and just barely. The Bud ads were super lame.

The doritos ads were funny.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I only saw about half of them. I liked the one where the goth girl is being followed by two guys.

As I said most of them made me want to throw up. The Simpsons commercial about we should all feel bad for a corporate big wig who lost a lot of money was disgusting.

I identified with the causual friday commercial. I once worked for a company where the females there averaged about 300 pounds. One girl imparticular went about 350 and would come in on friday with tight shorts and a halter....I was like "Please I'll wear an f'ing tux just no more causual friday!"