Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw's 2nd KungFuMagazine.com Championship and 7th Shark City Nationals

Tiger Claw's 2nd KungFuMagazine.com Championship and 7th Shark City Nationals

TCKFMCII will be held on June 12, 2010 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, California.

Our official website for this year's event is now live.

Hope to see you there!

For last year's event, see Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

We just had another production meeting

Tony and Theresa Kattengell of Shark City were by our Tiger Claw headquarters for a production meeting. Things are moving along smoothly and we have plenty of new interesting developments for this year. Online Registration will start soon. Be there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Strong possibility I will be in attendance. Not sure if I will be competing though.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Hope you can make it xcakid

Shamefully, I won't be able to return your kind TX hospitality (nachos at a breastaurent) because I'll be running around trying to get all the martial ducks in a row. But I will be able to tip you off to any afterparties or adjacent happenings. You should consider competing in the traditional divisions. We're hoping to improve our attendance in those this year. Hope to see you.

There's been a few updates to the site - mostly archived stuff from last year's event. Check it out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Shamefully, I won't be able to return your kind TX hospitality (nachos at a breastaurent) because I'll be running around trying to get all the martial ducks in a row. But I will be able to tip you off to any afterparties or adjacent happenings. You should consider competing in the traditional divisions. We're hoping to improve our attendance in those this year. Hope to see you.

There's been a few updates to the site - mostly archived stuff from last year's event. Check it out.
    Don't worry about, if I do make it up, I will be busy visiting high school and college friends. If the budget allows, I do want to compete. Will be nice to get the cobwebs out before Taiji Legacy.

If you are coming down for Taiji Legacy, let me know.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Of course I'll be at Taiji Legacy...

...I mean Kung Fu Legends.

There's been a few updates on our site about TCKFMCII. Check it out.

I'm pleased to announce the WildAid Tiger Champion, a special showcase division to raise awareness about the plight of wild tigers. We are working with the Tiger Claw Foundation and WildAid in this effort.

In related news, check out WildAid's Year of the Tiger Shirt Design Contest.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

WildAid Tiger Champion

We've updated the WildAid Tiger Champion with the prizes so far.

WildAid Tiger Champion Prizes

1st Place:
    3-Day Ocean Cruise for Two
    Back Cover showcase in Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine.
    Custom Tiger Trophy

2nd Place:
    Tom Tom ONE 130 S GPS

3rd Place:
    $100 Gift Certificate for TigerClaw.com
    All of the entrance fees for this division will be donated to WildAid. We're looking to add to our prizes to sweeten the pot and entice more competitors. If you have something you'd like to donate, the Tiger Claw Foundation is non profit so you can write the value of that donation off on your taxes. Contact me at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com if you have a donation.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The New divisions for 2010

We're adding two new divisions this year: Tai Chi Push Hands & Ving Tsun Sticky Hands.

Tai Chi Push Hands is in cooperation with the Five Branches University and the USA Tai Chi Culture Association. Also involved are Tony Wong and Bruce Wolfe. We are importing a special competition rug from China (with a big glorious yin yang in the center!) There will be 6 divisions of restricted step Push Hands and Moving Push Hands. All competitors in this division will receive a Terracotta warrior replica just for entering.

Ving Tsun Sticky Hands will be overseen by Benny Meng of the Ving Tsun Museum.

More to come. Stay tuned!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

From our webcaster

Greg Lynch Jr. oversees our webcast for this event. He does a lot of freelance reporting, photography and video for us. Last year, we did a webcast the day of the event that was subject to a short delayed. This year we will be LIVE.

Greg whipped together this montage vid based on events he's covered just for fun. He originally used Everclear as the soundtrack, but deleted that for copyright reasons. It has excerpts from Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims (Tiger Claw Elite Championships), Songshan Shaolin Day activities, Jackie Chan's U.S. Beloved Country debut and last year's TCKFMC.

Martial Arts Rock
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

We just updated the site

Our first sponsors are now listed, along with initial tournament info, information on our new Push Hands division, registration, volunteer and hotel information. Check it out.

TCKFMCII
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Check out this review on Examiner.com

There's a slideshow of pics - click the link
    The 2nd Tiger Claw’s KungFu Magazine Championship
    March 28, 9:00 PM St. Louis Tai Chi Examiner Violet Li

Kungfu Tai Chi Magazine is the authority on reporting Kungfu and Taichi. Kungfu Tai Chi Magazine is the largest English language magazine that focuses on the Chinese martial arts: both internal styles as well external styles. When it decided to host Tiger Claw’s KungFu Magazine Championship (TCKFMC) with Tiger Claw and Shark City Nationals, it holds the same level of integrity and professionalism. Right now, they are working diligently to import a special carpet just for the competition ring. This carpet will be used for the push-hands competition which is new for this year’s TCKFMC. They are also getting special Terracotta Warrior replica form Xian, China for the push-hands contestants.

Last year there were 500 contenders participated in the Tiger Claw’s KungFu Magazine Championship. This year, with additional competition categories and divisions, it is expected to attract even more participants. This competition is designed for everyone and embraces all types of martial arts practitioners, which includes Taichi, traditional Kungfu and contemporary Wushu. To encourage the love of martial arts, TCKFMC works with sponsors, including California Bank of Trust, 5 Branches University, Omei Kung Fu Academy, USA Taichi Culture Association, Shaolin Kungfu Intertional, and Selena Lu, to provide many fabulous awards. To uphold a high-level competition standard, there will be divisions for Grand Champions. Below are some features of this tournament:

Over 200 Traditional Kung Fu and Contemporary Wushu Divisions

24 Separate Chinese Martial Arts Grand Champion Divisions for Chinese Styles

Over $15,000 in cash and awards

Over 50 Grand Champion Divisions

6-foot trophies to all first place winners in all BASKA Divisions

1st through 8th places awards in all divisions

First timer divisions for inexperienced Sport Karate, Kung Fu and Wushu athletes – all first timer division competitors receive participation trophies

More than 350 kata, sparring, weapon and self defense divisions

5 OVERALL BLACK BELT GRAND CHAMPIONSHIPS

To celebrate the Year of Tiger, TCKFMC works with the non-profit organization WildAid Tiger to host a special division to benefit WildAid Tiger in the tournament. WildAid Tiger is part of the world-wide organization of WildAid whose missions are to save the lives of endangered animals and to end the illegal trade of these animals. Action movie super-star Jackie Chan is a primary spokesperson for WildAid Tiger along with Academy winner Harrison Ford, Oscar winning director Ang Lee, actress Bo Derek and other international celebrities.

This Tournament will be held in San Jose, California on June 12, 2010. It will conclude with a grand showcase with exhibitions by grandmasters. As of now, Master He Tao, Grandmaster Lily Lau, Grandmaster Helen Liang, Grandmaster Benny Meng, Grandmaster Al Novak, Shouyu Liang, and Tu Jin-Sheng, will join Shaolin Monk Shi Decheng and Jet Li Coach Wu Bin will appear at the tournament. Taichi practitioners may find it is extremely interesting that many Taichi masters practice extranal hard style martial arts as well. Actually, when a martial artist reach the highest level of kungfu, both internal and extranal work will come together.

Last year KungfuMagazine.com pioneered with a board effort and webcasted some of the highlights of the tournament. This year it will have webcast for live coverage as well. In case you cannot make it to the tournament , you can definitely catch some of the exciting movements on line.

For more info: Clck here to get a Registration Form of the tournament .
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Check out our new promo vid

TCKFMC2.mov

That's one of my old Lion Dance brothers on the drums. Big up to the vets of the Wing Lam lion dance crew who helped us put this together.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A message from Shark City Nationals promoter Tony Kattengell

Check it out: 2010 Shark City Nationals

We've also posted our general rules. The Tai Chi and Wing Chun rules are coming soon.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Excellent

see you their.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

We just updated the new Champion division rules

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips