Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw's 2nd KungFuMagazine.com Championship and 7th Shark City Nationals

Hybrid View

Tiger Claw's 2nd KungFuMagazine.com Championship and 7th Shark City Nationals

TCKFMCII will be held on June 12, 2010 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, California.

Our official website for this year's event is now live.

Hope to see you there!

For last year's event, see Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

We just had another production meeting

Tony and Theresa Kattengell of Shark City were by our Tiger Claw headquarters for a production meeting. Things are moving along smoothly and we have plenty of new interesting developments for this year. Online Registration will start soon. Be there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Strong possibility I will be in attendance. Not sure if I will be competing though.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Hope you can make it xcakid

Shamefully, I won't be able to return your kind TX hospitality (nachos at a breastaurent) because I'll be running around trying to get all the martial ducks in a row. But I will be able to tip you off to any afterparties or adjacent happenings. You should consider competing in the traditional divisions. We're hoping to improve our attendance in those this year. Hope to see you.

There's been a few updates to the site - mostly archived stuff from last year's event. Check it out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Shamefully, I won't be able to return your kind TX hospitality (nachos at a breastaurent) because I'll be running around trying to get all the martial ducks in a row. But I will be able to tip you off to any afterparties or adjacent happenings. You should consider competing in the traditional divisions. We're hoping to improve our attendance in those this year. Hope to see you.

There's been a few updates to the site - mostly archived stuff from last year's event. Check it out.
    Don't worry about, if I do make it up, I will be busy visiting high school and college friends. If the budget allows, I do want to compete. Will be nice to get the cobwebs out before Taiji Legacy.

If you are coming down for Taiji Legacy, let me know.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Of course I'll be at Taiji Legacy...

...I mean Kung Fu Legends.

There's been a few updates on our site about TCKFMCII. Check it out.

I'm pleased to announce the WildAid Tiger Champion, a special showcase division to raise awareness about the plight of wild tigers. We are working with the Tiger Claw Foundation and WildAid in this effort.

In related news, check out WildAid's Year of the Tiger Shirt Design Contest.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Check out our new promo vid

TCKFMC2.mov

That's one of my old Lion Dance brothers on the drums. Big up to the vets of the Wing Lam lion dance crew who helped us put this together.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A message from Shark City Nationals promoter Tony Kattengell

Check it out: 2010 Shark City Nationals

We've also posted our general rules. The Tai Chi and Wing Chun rules are coming soon.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Excellent

see you their.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

We just updated the new Champion division rules

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some reports

Check out some of the reports on Global Kungfu Net (click for pix):

Elegant Demeanor of Referees in All American Kungfu Championship
    Source:Global Kungfu Net Author: DATE:2010-6-13 HITS: 8次

June 12, 2010, All American Kungfu Championship Opened in Silicon Valley at nine. Jian Qi, proprietor of American Kungfu Magazine, Wu Bin who is the former vice president of Chinese Wushu Association, Fu Biao who is the vice president of Chinese Wushu Association, Cheng Huikun who is the director of Taolu division in wushu management center, Wang Shiquan who is the president of Beijing Wushu Academy, Liang Shouyu who is the president of International Wushu Sanshou Dao Association, Chen Zhaohui who is the president of Emei Wushu Academy, He Tao who is the vice president of IWSD International Wushu Sanshou Dao Federation attended the event. 16 events such as Sanda, Taekwondo, Kendo, Aikido and routine are involved in this competition. This event is organized by TC media and American Kungfu Magazine. Global Kungfu Website will report exclusively. Please pay attention.
    All American Kungfu Championship 1

June 12, 2010, All American Kungfu Championship Opened in Silicon Valley at nine. Jian Qi, proprietor of American Kungfu Magazine, Wu Bin who is the former vice president of Chinese Wushu Association, Fu Biao who is the vice president of Chinese Wushu Association, Cheng Huikun who is the director of Taolu division in wushu management center, Wang Shiquan who is the president of Beijing Wushu Academy, Liang Shouyu who is the president of International Wushu Sanshou Dao Association, Chen Zhaohui who is the president of Emei Wushu Academy, He Tao who is the vice president of IWSD International Wushu Sanshou Dao Federation attended the event. 16 events such as Sanda, Taekwondo, Kendo, Aikido and routine are involved in this competition. This event is organized by TC media and American Kungfu Magazine. Global Kungfu Website will report exclusively. Please pay attention.
    All American Kungfu Championship 2
    Source:Global Kungfu Net Author: DATE:2010-6-13 HITS: 7次

All American Kungfu Championship 3

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some more pics

We just had our first post-mortem meeting with the Kattengells.

L-R: Jonny Oh, Theresa Kattengell, Tony Kattengell, me

Also Chen Yanyang stopped by with some unfinished business.

L-R: Cao Ye, Chen Yanyang, Gigi Oh, me again.

P.S. like that WildAid shirt I'm rockin? You can get yours here.

There's also a full-color version:

Proceeds from the sales of these shirts go to benefit WildAid's efforts to save wild tigers.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Still blazin

Our WildAid Tiger Champion is Yuan Long. He won with an extreme Tiger form.

Grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng has been with us all week teaching a special workshop to his local students.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just posted some pics

I've uploaded some photos from Donovan Rittenbach on our Facebook and MySpace sites. I'll upload more soon.

Here's a nice one of Lily Lau receiving Shark City's Lifetime Achievement Award.

And here's one of me and Jason McArthur of WildAid
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks for your help, Benny!

I just posted a baker's dozen of more pics by Kunyu Ching and Dean Royal. I've got hundreds more and I haven't even got to our regular staff photographers. I'll post more whenever I get a moment.

Here's a nice one of Benny Meng and the Wing Chun division.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips