Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Unusual wing chun training

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60

    Unusual wing chun training

    ciao Guys,

    i know we'll have a lot of fun and to discuss check out my blog (it is not in English but there is a video):

    wingchunmilano.blogspot.com

    It is not a traditional wing chun approach

  2. #2
    theres no video i think they took it down

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60

  4. #4
    wow i never seen anything like that, the guy look like a handicap person doing wing chun, do you know if he is or thats his way of doing wing chun, i would like to chi-sau with him. i have to see it up close. But very very different.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    5,316
    Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    wow i never seen anything like that, the guy look like a handicap person doing wing chun . . .
    Force myself to leave that one alone. Stop throwing me slow pitches.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    wow i never seen anything like that, the guy look like a handicap person doing wing chun,
    that guy it's me... and i haven't any handicap yet

    Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    do you know if he is or thats his way of doing wing chun, i would like to chi-sau with him. i have to see it up close. But very very different.
    yes it is my way

  7. #7
    wow no offense, why do you sway like that?, can you give a little information on your wing chun?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Force myself to leave that one alone. Stop throwing me slow pitches.
    sorry dude.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    wow no offense, why do you sway like that?, can you give a little information on your wing chun?
    Of course i can introduce you some points, but since the concepts ans theroies are too much to explain i prefer to put a link in order to download more informations in English.

    This approach is trained in Europe...but we are not a lot of guys because it is a new approach based on the body rather than the tecniques imposed by the sistem... basically we focus more in playing on the gravity force, and to work on that and not against it. It's a new approach in martial arts, but in it isn't in bodywork like Rolfing, Feldenkrais, Alexander etc...

    Anyway you can download some booklet from this site, which is not mine but it explain some common important concepts:

    senmotic.eu


    Have fun!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newcastle australia
    Posts
    576
    do you nean the alexander technique to do with posture etc. And roolfing is a remedial massage technique. Not sure how they apply to vt. I learnt that when doing remedial massage and sports science so would be interested but an at work so can't watch clips

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    do you nean the alexander technique to do with posture etc. And roolfing is a remedial massage technique. Not sure how they apply to vt. I learnt that when doing remedial massage and sports science so would be interested but an at work so can't watch clips
    Yes i meant that.... regarding the concept between VT and those "new" approach (rolfing, alexander,...) you can check the booklet in the website i've inserted before (senmotic.eu).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Posts
    7,716
    kinda like, reinventing the wheel by making it rounder.

    put the pipe down......
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

    "I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

    ....step.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    kinda like, reinventing the wheel by making it rounder.
    not at all

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    359
    I remember!!!

    http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/1633055-1267669721.html

    Goal is to massage your opponent while you fall apart.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist View Post
    I remember!!!

    http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/1633055-1267669721.html

    Goal is to massage your opponent while you fall apart.
    Me too.. That was from way back...

    What up?
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •